4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly decent
This is indeed one of the better computers i have owned laptop wise.
the design is sleek and pleasant, coupled with it being lightweight it is quite the looker.
Published on January 24, 2011 by Luka the King

2.0 out of 5 stars You can do so much better than this with the same money.
I bought my CQ62 in spite of the warnings because I found a "great deal". It worked exactly as expected out of the box, but I was immediately disappointed by a slight curve in the key board. The keys in the center of the top half of the keyboard were all slightly lower than the others. It was odd, but in all the time it functioned I never had a problem typing, so I got...
Published on March 28, 2012 by Jim

4.0 out of 5 stars Fairly decent, January 24, 2011
This review is from: Compaq Presario CQ62-410US 15.6-Inch Notebook (Personal Computers)
This is indeed one of the better computers i have owned laptop wise.
The hard-were is upscale, the keyboard is responsive and sharp, no 'mooshy keys', the clicker buttons seem to die rather fast however, but a wireless mouse easily remedies this. The touch pad is centered, leaving no room for 'wrist scrolling' that seems to be a BIG problem (for me anyway, when i'm trying to type) with other models. Battery life seems low at first, but if you play with the settings enough, it will last a few hours longer then even the label on the battery itself says. the HDMI and basic computer monitor outputs are nice to have, and if set up properly, can lead to three scrolled screens which the processor can handle with no speed reduction. All other basic ports are also standard, CD drive, USB ports, headphone / microphone, even SD card slot (which i was surprised by at how quickly the system reads the cards). The fact that a webcam is optional, but the microphone is always included, is a bit of a let-down. a webcam seems like a standard with any laptop nowadays.
The screen is smooth, large, and pleasant, everything from basic programs to HD movies look superb.
The system itself is nice, widows 7 cranks things out in a flash, IF your not doing too much. The thing about this laptop is, that its a good work computer. it works well for school, or business, as well as running basic programs and browsing. but it should not be used as a gaming laptop by any stretch of the imagination, even mad amounts of upgrades would quickly put both your wallet and the laptop under deep water. It does a good job of playing old games however, something for early XP, but the memory it needs might suck up a lot of your space.
The filler and demo products are easily removed, unlike old systems where you had to install the full program, THEN uninstall it. Even programs like internet explorer, (on my old laptop) you could not uninstall at all because it was a 'necessary program'. But every program I have is non-stock, smaller file sized, and the laptop runs just the same, even faster in some cases.
It is highly customizable, as it should be, but even things that were 'un-changeable', like the logon screen, can be changed very easily.

All in all, a wonderful machine for a wonderful price (even though I got mine for $350 from a local store, and yes, its exactly the same, it was a sale), provided you get it for the right reason, and don't overload it.
A great school computer that is reliable, strong, and fast.
A definite buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars MOST AWSOME COMPUTER!!!, January 21, 2011
This is the best computer I have ever used. I have used Mac's, I have used Dell's and just about any computer you can think of. This is by far the fastest, best computer I have used. I have pulled up 8 tabes in 2 windows online and downloaded dvd's and it still runs at full speed. The only thing I would do if I bought this computer is uninstall all of the HP software. It slows the computer down and it's not needed. I thought I was going to buy the computer and it would be slower because it only has one opperating system, but I was wrong. I would tell anyone to buy this computer. Cheap and very durable as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars great value, May 4, 2011
Ann H Stauner (Wausau, Wisconsin United States) - See all my reviews
Excellent value for the money. The LED screen and picture is excellent. Keyboard is very responsive. Mouse and scroll functions are a little touchy but can be easily rectified by buying a mouse. I got one that attaches to USB slot for about $5.
Sound is good and it operates very fast. I can't find anything wrong with it yet. So far, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect PC at perfect price !, June 12, 2011
Went to Anythingideal. Com and got a promo for shipping. 4 year old twins at home and thought
they would make a great bday gift. This pc is faster and easier to use than the $900 HP and Dell pc's I already have at
home. I now take it on business with me instead of the others - it's that nice !
Got free shipping and had it in 3 days. Best deal I've made in years ! You won't be sorry

5.0 out of 5 stars Great bang for the buck, March 20, 2011
This is a great workstation computer. Although, I have watched movies on it and it performed really well. HP is a reliable company, I have two other laptops and a desktop all Compaq brand and don't have any complaints. Had one Vista compatibility issue months after purchase that HP Support was able to solve, searched for the error description and a simply firmware update took care of it. With computer parts like optical drives and even motherboards being common to many manufacturers breakdown issues are not dependent on brand names. Paying hundreds more doesn't guarantee reliability.

4.0 out of 5 stars PRETTY GOOD LAP TOP!, March 5, 2011
All i really i use it for is internet use and its pretty great! i love it. so far so good, especially for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE IT!, May 13, 2011
This is the third Compaq Presario I've had in the past 16 years or so.
Bought the first one on eBay (used) and it was going strong, five years later, until
my son spilled large glass of juice all over it. I got the second one a few months
later and it lasted over 10 years. Never had any problems with it. Of course, as
you can imagine, it was a tad slow. I bought the latest one (Compaq Presario
CQ62-410US 15.6-Inch Notebook) a few weeks ago and I could not be happier.
From the classy (and practical) matte finish to the sharp & clear screen I'm
enjoying every aspect of it. The price amazed me. I never dreamed I could
find a laptop, of this quality, for under $400. It certainly isn't for the serious gamer
but it is perfect for me. It surfs the web with lightning speed, loads web pages
quickly, uploads and organizes my pictures, Flip videos, plays CD's and DVD's
and so much more. (I haven't tried burning CD or DVD's yet) I'm not a techie - so I
cannot comment on the RAM, etc. with much knowledge. I've never liked NOT using a mouse
so I do use one with it. It's a Longtech wireless - which I love. The Wi-Fi connected easily to
my system that I use for my Kindle, iTouch and iPad. If you are looking for
a practical and fun laptop with the basis (and then some) this Compaq is a great choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Notebook, May 23, 2011
Easy to setup, clean and and very clear pictures, great sound quality, lightweight and very stylish. This is my first Notebook I purchased for myself and I have to say everything about this Notebook is great. Holds a charge for about 4 to 5 hours, as a matter of fact I'm writing this review on the Notebook now. Highly recommended for 1st time buyers.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful start computer, May 18, 2011
This computer is wonderful for those who want to do basic computing stuffs, not that good for editing if you want to make movies or videos however, it helps you resolve the situation. It's fast and it's good. It's big enough that you feel confortable with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Im so glad I got it!!!, March 14, 2011
My family has enjoyed this since I received it. I have two high school students and Im in college. It has helped tremendously!

Compaq Presario CQ62-410US 15.6-Inch Notebook