Compare Nuwave ,Flavorwave and Black & Decker Infrared countertop ovens How do they differ other than style? I definitely like the style of the B
asked by CeCe Clavelle on January 3, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
Having had both of these ovens, I will say without a doubt that I prefer the NuWave over the Flavorwave with only 1 exception and that is the self clean feature of the Flavorwave is very helpful. The difference in the cooking is rather evident when preparing side by side a 5lb roast chicken in the NuWave and Flavorwave as I have done this week. The NuWave cooked the chicken quicker and the amount of fat that drained off was significantly more than what the FlavorWave did. Interestingly enough, although the FlavorWave goes to 500 degrees, I find that the NuWave does an even better job with its full power 350 degrees and with the expander ring, you are able to cook an even larger piece of meat than I can with my Flavorwave and its expander ring. When the dome of the NuWave cracks (as it will after time depending on how much you use it) you can get a new dome from the company and even with this "flaw", I much prefer the NuWave
Peakperformance Ken answered on November 4, 2011

A
votes
I have a Flavor wave deluxe oven and my Dome cracked. (Dang Kids !) My question is , Does anyone know if the Nu Wave Plastic dome in compatible as a replacement?
Sabrina Jennette answered on January 15, 2014

A
votes
Check out my Infrared oven user's group at Yahoo. There's wealth of info there. The Nuwave and the Flavorwave are the most popular. The B&D is really too small, is a toaster oven, and is in an entirely different league (minor league) than the other two ovens.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Flavorwave-Hearthware-Oven-Users/
Boston Bean answered on January 5, 2008

A
votes
I never did have a nuwave but have my flavor wave almost 10 years ... he is my everything :-) and I love it ... would buy it again and again consider now the new one then I would like to back
Sarah777 answered on May 22, 2011

A
[Deleted by the author on Jan 1, 2014 4:06:19 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›