Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Wii Remote Plus - Pink forum

Compatability with Nyko rechargeable battery

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 21, 2010 4:58:50 AM PST
This is the same size as the original Wii remote. Does anyone know if the Nyko rechargeable battery that works with the original Wii remote fits in this Wii Remote Plus?

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 11:35:36 AM PST
KiWiSouP says:
The battery compartment is the same size as it still needs to accomadate 2 AA batteries, yes it will work.

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 8:40:08 PM PST
Well, that makes sense. But is the battery compartment exactly the same shape and design as the original Wii Remote? I ask because the Nyko rechargeable battery for the Wii is a one piece battery pack that contains two battery cells, and it has its own cover because the recharging connector piece on the battery sticks out the back of the Wii Remote, as it has to touch the recharging station. Has anyone tested the new Wii Remote Plus with the Nyko rechargeable battery I am talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2010 2:37:46 AM PST
Gena L Tharp says:
yes i have a black wii remote plus and i have a nyko battery in it and it works great. just the same as the old one.

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 3:39:35 AM PST
Thanks for the help everyone. I shall now purchase without worry.

Posted on Dec 19, 2010 3:26:37 PM PST
we just bought a wii for our family and i was wondering if the nyko remotes and accessories are just as good as wii since there cheaper?? we have 6 kids and only 1 remote as of right now so dont want to spend a fortune if i dont have to

Posted on Jan 8, 2011 2:51:26 PM PST
Gnomercy says:
@Jack Ulloa - I have owned Nyko stuff for years and it hasn't failed me yet. Save that money.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Nov 21, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 8, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Wii Remote Plus - Black
Wii Remote Plus - Black by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.4 out of 5 stars (634)