Compatibility Issue Is this radio compatible w/ 1997 Honda Odyssey?
asked by So Lim Ting on February 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 57 answers
A
The 612UA will fit a 2003 Mits Eclipse, but you will need a wiring harness and dash kit. The Scosche MI02B wiring harness and Scosche MI3013B dash kit will work for you (you can also check metraonline, or sonic electronix for the whole package...radio + accessories). Please note, the Boss 612UA will come with a wiring harness. This harness plugs into the back of the 612 and then the bare wires from this harness need to be connected to the the bare wires of the Scosche harness (I like to use tap splice connectors for this procedure). Then you plug the plastic connector from the Scosche harness to the plastic connector of the Mits harness. Also, the harness that comes with the 612 will contain a big white plastic connector that you won't need...you can either put some tape over it and leave it be, or just cut it off. The Boss 612UA has been a very good device for me...I've purchased 4 of them for friends and family over the last few months.
Jumbo Dumbo answered on June 18, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Howdy Friend...The 612UA will fit your Neon, and you will need a dash kit, wiring harness and antenna adapter. I know it sounds a bit complicated, but really it's kinda simple as long as you can remove the radio in your car, match-up and connect color coded wires, and follow the directions for the dash kit. Scosche makes all the hardware (as does metraonline, I believe) and their product numbers are as follows: dash kit - CR1277B, wiring harness - CR02B, antenna adapter - CRAB. Good luck!
Jumbo Dumbo answered on July 23, 2012

A
UPDATE: I really think I made it out to be way more difficult than it is!
I realized that my Ford has the right antenna plug that the aftermarket ones like to use on their receivers. Check!
My Windstar has a single DIN style opening. Check!
AND all I need to do is buy the wiring harness here on Amazon for like four or five bucks! Just match up the colors or look at the online wiring diagrams for my vehicle. What more could I want?!
I'm buying this stereo for sure now.

(Gotta sign up for the Amazon credit card so they can give me a $35 credit & make this experiment almost free. :-)
Chris Redfield answered on July 26, 2012

A
Yo Chris...You are right twice in that the installation will be easier...and funner :)...than you originally thought, and that you will need to buy a wiring harness (FD02B), but you still may need a U-prong removal tool for the factory radio removal and perhaps some tap splice connectors (a 25-pack from Orchard Supply is the best deal IMO, less than a fin I think) and a simple pair of pliers for connecting the bare wires of the aftermarket harness to the bare wires of the harness that comes with the 612UA. I don't think you will need a wiring diagram as the wires are always color coded and sometimes they are even labeled with little flag tags. You can do it !!. If the radio you receive isn't a lemon then I have no doubt you will at least be pleasantly surprised with the sound produced by the 612UA. Lastly, I installed one of these buggers in my neighbors Tundra (he is 82 yrs old) and he is all smiles when he talks about the new radio, in fact he wants one installed in his wife's car now.
Jumbo Dumbo answered on July 26, 2012

A
Thanks for your reply, Jumbo. P.S. I am not a Mr, but Ms.
J. Wang answered on August 21, 2012

A
We need more Misses in this field. Kudos to you, J!
Chris Redfield answered on August 21, 2012

A
Yes, it will fit that car.
Jumbo Dumbo answered on February 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I wonder if it well fit an 03 dodge caravan?need adapter?harness?
Ron answered on February 29, 2012

A
Yes, it will fit your car, and you will need a dash kit, wiring harness, and antenna adapter.
Jumbo Dumbo answered on March 1, 2012

A
Hi, I am about to buy this product for my Mitsubishi Eclipse 2003 GS. I would request all the experts there to please advice me on below:
1) Will it work on my Eclipse 2003 GS?
2) Do i need to buy any additional harness? If yes, Please advice which(any model number, specifications)?
3) I already have a stock Mitsubishi car stereo(which came with my car preinstalled) cant i use the wires/harness which is now connecting my preinstalled car stereo? As i only want one car stereo to be operational(i.e Boss, which i will be buying here)

Please advice so that i can place my order for Boss 612UA.

Thanks in Advance!!!!
Ashwin answered on June 16, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next ›

See all questions about this product