Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors
asked by Alex M. Logan on March 14, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
Yes. All you have to do is 1) buy the new modem, 2) call Comcast support and give them the numbers on the bottom or back of the modem and they will register the modem with their system and 3) return their modem.

We're charged $3.50 for our Comcast modem out here in Sacramento, CA.
Bishop answered on August 8, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Comcast in Ct is now going up to $5 per month or modem rental. I think it is time for us to all purchase our own modems!
Irish Girl answered on October 2, 2009
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I disconnected this modem soon after installing it and put my Comcast modem back online. The download speed of this Motorola paled in comparison to the Arris Comcast modem. Wasted my money with this modem since I'm not using it.
Bishop answered on October 2, 2009
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Comcast just went up $ 2.00 (to $ 5.00 / mo.) for their lease (sb5120). Time to buy my own.
Pookie answered on November 10, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is compatible,and worth it .My rental fee is 7$ a month now for a 4 year old modem,that's 84$ a year not including the 4 years I've rented it ranging from 2$-5$-7$
Red answered on April 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am also buying my own after finding out my $62.95 internet bill could be only $57.95 due to the recent modem increase. Time to buy my own!
Tiffany answered on December 2, 2009

A
I just received a link from Comcast with their latest modem compatibility. This link will show that none of these are correct.

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

This list shows only 3 Motorola modems that are acceptable.
Motorola SB6120-Retail Motorola SURFboard SB6120 Cable Modem
16 Motorola SB6121 Motorola SURFboard SB6121 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem
17 Motorola SBG6580-Retail SBG6580 DOCSIS 3.0 Wireless Cable Modem Gateway

Bruce
imbm24@gmail.com
Bruce E. Morton answered on May 23, 2012

A
Got tired of the Arris modem from Comast and re-installed the Motorola. So far, it's not bad at all. I guess the last time I installed it, I was having line issues with the provider (Comcast). I no longer have to reset the modem to get on the internet like the Arris modem.
Bishop answered on February 20, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Update: yes about a month ago I got a Linksys (CM100) modem and it works perfectly fine with comcast. I am very happy to see my bill go down exactly $5/mo and also buy a quality product. Just an update. :)
Tiffany answered on February 21, 2010

A
Does anyone have experience with using the SB5101 and the Ooma with Comcast? So far as I research these modems, it seems most people are extremely satisfied and a few find they don't work well at all. So I'm looking for the best option for a modem. The Ooma so far has worked well with the Arris modem we are renting from Comcast and we're saving $40/month, but I would like to save another $5 in the rental fees. However I don't want to be the guinea pig. Any thoughts?
Dad of four answered on May 12, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product