4.0 out of 5 stars black cartridge memory error
After printing for a couple weeks with the new toner I get a message to the computer screen "black cartridge memory error".
Somehow the printer isn't recognizing the cartridge.

The printer model is HP M1212Mnf MFP.

It still prints perfectly.

Published on August 23, 2011 by H. Eriksson

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
All in all, the product works. It works as well as can be expected for the price.

First, let me explain what I use this printer for. My wife and I print a lot of information out for work, but it's not for show, only for us to keep track of what we are working on and take notes. So no one ever sees the prints but us.

On that note, the prints are...
Published on May 24, 2011 by Brooks

3.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, May 24, 2011
This review is from: Compatible Laser Toner Cartridge HP CE285A(HP 85A) (Office Product)

On that note, the prints are not as dark as the HP toner. Also, I have this black smudge on the right side of the page on every print. Not a problem for what I use it for, but for others, I sure it will be unacceptable. If your using it for internal printing, then it's fine, otherwise, opt for the 4 times higher priced HP toner.

For me, $18 for this knock off or $80 for the proper HP is a no brainer. I don't need prints that look a little better for 4 times the price.

Hope this helps!

4.0 out of 5 stars black cartridge memory error, August 23, 2011
Somehow the printer isn't recognizing the cartridge.

The printer model is HP M1212Mnf MFP.

It still prints perfectly.

Update: After I removed the orange plastic piece on the left side of the cartridge the error went away, so everything is good, hopefully this helps someone else.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product does not function properly, March 1, 2011
Alex Kau (Plainsboro, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I have an HP Laserjet Professional P1102W that uses the CE285A, HP 85A cartridge. Hoping to save a few bucks by not purchasing the HP OEM cartridge, I bought this "compatible" toner cartridge at the first sign of the original toner running out. It's now been three full months of printing and rigorously shaking the original toner until I used just about every bit of toner possible.

I just switched the old toner out for this new toner to find all the print jobs are coming out completely black. Not only is the toner not printing properly, but it's now been beyond the 90 return policy. I just wasted $30 for this toner, and now I need to spend another $65 to buy an OEM toner. People, don't waste your money trying to save a couple bucks with this "compatible" toner. Use the OEM toner to the last drop, then buy the OEM toner while resting assure it will work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works as it should, January 20, 2012
Scott R Almas (Niskayuna, NY United States) - See all my reviews
What a relief! After trying several other non-genuine cartridges from eBay, I was just about resigned to dropping $70 on a "genuine" HP cartridge. I gave it one last try with this one and TA-DA! It works great. Indeed, my HP MFP 1212 sees it as a "genuine" HP cartridge.

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, May 7, 2011
I use ink all the time, this printer and ink are the most cost effective I have ever used. I have 4 printers, this is the best and the ink is great, priced not to break the bank.

1.0 out of 5 stars Stick with the HP name brand, October 12, 2010
After printing less than 10 pages after installing this product, my printer started overheating. I contacted Inkers to ask for a refund, and Inkers insisted that it couldn't be their product causing the problem. They told me it had to be my brand new HP printer which had worked fine for a month before installing their product. HP tech support told me that, No, actually, non-HP ink cartridges can screw up the settings on your printer, causing it to overheat, AND by installing it you automatically lose your HP warranty. Luckily I think I fixed the problem by resetting the factory settings on my printer, but I'm still out the price of this generic brand ink cartridge. Don't let this happen to you!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely dissatisfied, March 14, 2011
I opened all 5 of the cartridges (upon suggestion from someone at the company) and none of the cartridges worked in my printer. I have requested a return/refund- have not heard back from anyone on that. I have 5 useless cartridges. I would love to be able to use these NOW but I am unable to. The shipping and the transaction went off smoothly...but the customer service after the fact stinks.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great for a fraction of the name brand price, March 19, 2013
The cartridge that came with the printer burned out so fast that I thought this generic might do the same. Not so. Going on a year and a half and still going strong. (We use it almost every day.) The only annoyance is that my printer recognizes it's not the name brand and every day I have to push OK in response to the "Supply memory error" before it prints. I think it is a small price to pay when you compare $15 to $65. I am very happy with this cartridge.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not impressive, October 2, 2013
The print comes out very light and is not easy to read in comparison to original cartridges. I would not recommend it.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrible print quality, August 6, 2013
We put the new toner in and the print quality was horrible. dark horizontal lines were printed on each sheet.

Compatible Laser Toner Cartridge HP CE285A(HP 85A)
$32.99 $13.21