Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Compatible Lexmark X203A21G High Yield Toner Cartridges for X203, X204, X203n, X204n (6,000 pages)
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 26, 2010
UPDATE: 1/1/15. I got 3900 trouble free pages out of my second cartridge from this vendor. That was mostly legal briefs. (Double spaced full pages, 25 lines, 13 or 14 point font.) I would have bought a third cartridge, but too many 1 star reviews since my last purchase. So I decided to buy aVirtual Outlet ® Remanufactured Lexmark X203A21G Black Toner Cartridge (X203A11G) Works with Lexmark X203, X204, X203n, X204n instead, primarily because the manufacturer offers a 12 month warranty. Same price for either.

UPDATE: Dec 2011. Just installed my second cartridge from this vendor. (Got 4200 pages from first one.) I paid $38. Price has dropped more than ten bucks since then (doncha hate that?), now $26, making it an even better bargain for you.

I've only printed a few pages with this cartridge, but I can tell it's darker than the first one was. So I lowered toner darkness down to 5, which should give me even better yield than last time round.

UPDATE: A year later (Nov 2011), showing 4300 pages picked on this cartridge, toner is finally getting low. Printer report shows 40% remaining, for what it's worth. Still, almost twice as many pages as the OEM cartridges for about half the money. I just ordered a second. Will plan to report on its quality later.
------------------------------------
I've been able to get the promised 2500 page capacity from OEM Lexmark cartridges WHEN I lowered the darkness of the toner to 4. (A setting buried in the printer configuration.) But after going through two Lexmark cartridges in two months, I decided to take a chance with this compatible cartridge which promises 6000 pages. (I've been printing mostly full page pleadings for court. Double spaced text, but a lot of it.)

I noticed immediately that the output wasn't as dark as with the OEM cartridges, and I've been slowly increasing my toner darkness to 7 to compensate. (The reason for four stars, not five.) I do not have pixel boost enabled in the printer.

As I reported in seller feedback, the cartridge arrived within days of placing the order. It is noticeably heavier than the OEM cartridges, which I assume means more toner inside. I have printed 1200 pages so far and it shows 90% in the printer report page. Seems optimistic, but I'd be showing 60% by now with an OEM cartridge.

I'll plan to report how many pages I get out of this unit when it runs dry.
on March 4, 2013
In all honesty, I think their "High Yield 6.000 Page Output At 5% Page Coverage" is a bit misleading - Sure that may be the case but who really only prints with 5% coverage? The real skinny - do I get 6000 Pages, NO. Did I expect to, NO. Here is what I do know, for the type of printing I do (SOHO) I consistently get about double the print capacity of the Lexmark cartridges for 1/3 of the price. For me, that is what matters; net per page cost reduction x 5 - I'll take it. The print quality is solid and I will continue to purchase from them in the future.
on May 31, 2014
Older printer has perfect print, Ordered this toner cartridge when I got the low toner message. Installed this toner cartridge and pages had smudged print vertically in the center of the page. Tried 12 pages hoping this was caused by the jostling the cartridge got in shipping. The smudges were the same on the last page as on the first. Reinstalled the old cartridge and it prints perfectly again (albeit, I still need a new toner cartridge.)
on May 15, 2014
I use this toner cartridge in a Lexmark X204n laser printer. It is a quarter the price of anything else I could find on the market. It feels heavier than the 2,500 page toner cartridge and had toner coming out of the roller when I received so I assume it will at a minimum exceed the 2,500 pages, but I am not sure it will hit 6,000 as advertised.
My cartridge puts 6 small dots at the base of every page about 1.75 inches apart. It has the feel of a refurbished unit without the finesse details you find when buying from the OEM. It works just fine for my office environment as we do not produce very many documents for clients. Our paper tends to just circulate among office staff. If you need a higher quality output I would opt for a Lexmark cartridge.
I am happy with the price and pretty much figured it would not be as nice as an OEM unit and those expectations have come true.
If you buy, just understand what you are getting.
on November 14, 2014
I have just purchased this product and put in use. I do not have enough experience with it to make an objective, honest comment. The ranking is based only on price, speed of delivery and ease of installation into my printer.
on October 27, 2012
Printing 20-50 copies a week, I'm on my 7th month on the same refill cartridge. A month ago, the printer display indicated a low toner alert. I ignored it because my copies still looked fine. A couple weeks ago, the copies started showing faded spots, so I knew it was about time to order another cartridge. The past couple weeks it's been necessary to occassionally take the cartridge out, shake it up, and put it back in to prevent uneven print quality and prolong the use of this cartridge. I'm going to order another cartridge from this supplier right now.
on October 13, 2013
Purchase this toner on July 2013, just opened recently. After few prints, start noticing that the powder won't stick on paper. I have been using the same laser paper for quite a while and never had this problem before. Could this be the toner power somehow is not the right blend?
on March 4, 2015
Started using this toner cartridge after it sat on the shelf for a year. Worked fine with good print quality but after about 6 months of use the Lexmark printer stopped recognising it and would put up a 31.05 error. An old, used cartridge still worked. Clearly they need higher quality chips in these.
on February 23, 2013
We print things like important receipts, coupons, recipes, etc. No heavy daily printing. I'm very pleased with this purchase especially for the price compared to what you'd pay in stores like Staples/Office Depot. I can't comment whether it'll print 6,000 pages, but with the minimal printing we do, I know it'll provide us ink for many, many months, and am happy about that. I'll definitely buy this product again when the time comes.

Update: February 2014: Just now is the ink showing low levels, so this toner cartridge lasted us over 12 months.
on February 13, 2012
I ordered this cartridge and it had a glitch in it, however after calling the company that i ordered it from it explained to them there was a problem, they immediately sent out another one and a return box to send back the old. Im happy for the customer service and will use them again!