Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

Size: 1xBlack|Change

on February 7, 2012
Both toner cartridges worked fine. At this price, I can get 4 or 5 cartridges for the price I would pay for one Brother toner cartridge.

If you purchase a "compatible" toner cartridge, what you are actually getting is a refilled toner cartridge. If you ever have issues with your printer telling you to "Replace Toner Cartridge" with one of these cartridges, see my note below for help.

*****************
Do not make your printer accept a refilled or "compatible" toner cartridge by a process of turning the printer off and on and holding and/or pushing buttons. This puts your printer in "continuous" mode. What this does is makes the printer ignore the fact that the toner is telling it that it needs replaced. This is dangerous because the reclaimed toner in the cartridge will be used, which can drastically decrease the life of you printer drum. Sure, the drum is replaceable, but why ruin it?

Instead of harming your printer drum, you can reset the flag gear on the toner cartridge. On one end of the cartridge, there is a gear showing that you can not turn by hand. The gear has a little tab on it that the printer uses to determine if the toner cartridge is able to be used. You need to take the screws off the gear cover, pull off the gear cover, pull off the flag gear, turn the flag gear 180 degrees, replace the flag gear, replace the gear cover, and replace the screws. It only takes about a minute. The company that refilled the toner cartridge should have done this for you! But you can do it if you don't want to bother with returning the item. If you have doubts as to how to do this, get on YouTube and find a video that shows you how to perform the task.
66 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 17, 2011
I sure liked the price but, when I inserted into my Brother 2270DW, I can't get the message: "Replace toner" to stop. Hence the printer won't work.
I'm sure the company will mail me a new one or refund my money but it's still a hassle.
So it's not so Premium and not such a High Value at all.
Good luck if you go for it. Maybe if you hold your breath...........?
OK, here's a follow up. I searched on-line and found, after about 1/2 hour of useless info, this "fix" for the "Replace Toner" message on my generic toner. And, it worked!

Toner sensor needs to be reset. Please do the following steps to reset the toner sensor.
Open the front cover (the cover where you replace the toner cartridge) and leave open while completing the following steps.
Turn the printer off.
Hold the 'go' button while turning the printer on. All panel lights should be on (actually one light was off).
Release the 'go' button.
Press the 'go' button 2 times.
Pause.
Press the 'go' button 5 times.
The toner light should be off.
The paper light should be on or flashing.
Close cover. The ready light should be the only light on.

Of course now it says my Printer is Off-Line so I have another problem to deal with. Sheesh!
2121 comments|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2011
I was skeptical buying this toner, as the machine I have is brand new. After reading several reviews how non-OEM ink works just as well, I took a chance. I AM GLAD I DID. The toner purchased from DuraECO works great. I really believe this toner works and looks better than Brother. A little tip during installation (if using a 7860DW) after install of new toner, if display still shows "Toner Low", press * 1 2 and close the cover.

I highly recommend "Brother TN450 Premium Compatible High Value Black Toner Cartridge" and will definitely buy more!!
1010 comments|25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 28, 2011
I got the dreaded "replace toner" message on my Brother MFC 7860DW. I have used MANY refilled toner cartridges with no problems, so I assumed that the printer was at fault. I read through lots of forums and tried several tricks for resetting the printer. I did tricks holding down buttons on the printer while cycling the power. I also changed internal printer settings using the web printer interface via the printer's IP address on my network. All attempts to reset the printer failed.
It was NOT the Brother printer but the toner cartridge that was at fault. Part of the toner cartridge refilling procedure is resetting a plastic "flag gear". The seller had failed to do this on my cartridge. There is a great YouTube video titled "How to Refill a Brother TN-420 or TN-450 Cartridge" that shows how to correct this flag gear position. You can also see without disassembling the cartridge if your flag gear is in the wrong position.
If required, fixing the gear requires disassembling the toner cartridge. Be very careful of the gears falling out! After fixing the flag gear position, the cartridge now prints. I have to say that my confidence in the quality of the rest of the refill job is not high. I will purchase my next toner cartridge elsewhere.
on September 6, 2011
This cartridge works great in my Brother HL-DD70DW printer. Others have reported a low toner message. I do not get this message but that's most likely because I "override" the low toner message/stop mechanism of my printer.

To do this, find the IP address for your printer (most likely to find it in your security/anti virus software) then type it into your Web browser's address line.

Then click on the link labeled 'Printer Settings' (mine made me create a password, even though it said the default user name was 'user' and the default password was 'password').

Then scroll all the way down to the last item, labeled, "Replace Toner".

Change the setting from the default of 'Stop', to 'Continue'.
on August 10, 2011
I finally ran out of the starter toner that the printer came with. I am using Brother HL-2270DW and I just installed this TN450 compatible cartridge very easily. Open the printer, take out the drum unit, take toner cartridge out of drum unit, replace with new toner cartridge, but back into printer. Takes about 1 minute and you are up and running again!
on May 20, 2011
After a bit of confusion (on my part) about how to remove the toner that came with my printer and replace it with the toner from Vivamart my printer is working well with this generic (and much less expensive toner). It is a great product, and Vivamart provided not only prompt shipping but excellent support (showing me with clear pictures, what they believed I was doing wrong, and they were correct).

Kudos to Vivamart for providing a terrific product, fantastic support, and ultimately saving customers money.
on February 8, 2016
I was wondering about this cartridge. Read a lot of the reviews on this. I could have gone 50/50 on whether to but it-I did. I was not disappointed. After some fidgeting and reading some of the other posts on getting this to work properly, it worked as stated. I am happy with the print quality
on September 10, 2011
The Toner doesn't work. Initially it works for a little bit, but eventually the printer doesn't recognize it. GRR! SHould have bought the original brother toner in the beginning.

I have a Brother HL-2240 laser printer.
on October 23, 2011
Great product. I know previous reviews reflected troubles with cartridge compatibility and quality. Properly changing settings internally on printer can alleviate these dilemmas. Deselected low toner lock setting, removed cartridge from wrapping, installed into printer and 100% toner capacity reported. Will buy from again no problem. Have printed over 500 pages and quality rivals OEM Brother cartridge.

Update 29 FEB 12:

Life cycle of product was longer than expected. When toner was running low the print quality did not diminish like lower yield OEM that came with printer.

Purchased another toner cartridge from seller at great low price and shipping was fast and easy. Upon installation the toner level did not immediately move to 100% capacity like before. Did some research and found a YouTube video on how to reset the flag gear on a TN450 cartridge. Should have been done before shipping but was not the end of the world to unscrew two screws turn the gear 180 degrees and replace both screws.

Small issue with a small fix. Will do business with again.