Compatible with Scientific Atlantic 8300HDC? I recently upgraded from Scientiifc 8300HD to 8300HDC with the new "Navigator" menu from Time Warner. The two previous 8300HD worked fine with the 500GB WDG1S5000VN drive. Now, the two 8300HDC which I upgraded will not recognize the drive. Does anybody have the same experience? Is there any fix? Are there other "Expanders" that will work with 8300HDC?
asked by Chor Huang on March 25, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
I just talked to the Technical Support at Time Warner and the person told me that the problem is not with the box, but with the softward, Mystro that they are switching all their customers to. He said that they are aware of the problem and are trying to fix the software. Is this just pure BS? Shold I keep the external drive in case they fix the problem - in a few weeks, he says!?
Chor Huang answered on March 25, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hello-I am desperately seeking assistance with my SA8300HD in use with my WD My DVR Expander. I have been using the expander successfully with this box for about a year and a half. Recently Time Warner "upgraded" my area (Austin, TX) with the Navigator interface. After that all seemed to be lost. I had over 150 shows recorded for future viewing all gone. Multiple calls and emails later I was given contradictory information. First I was told that the SATA port would no longer work for the expander. Today I was told that it could be used but only for storage when the dvr is full. No instructions on how to use it in that manner (to switch recordings to the expander or back again) and of course the usual TW company line about not supporting any issues with the expander. Any low tech information about how this might work or what to do would be truly appreciated. Also I just kind of tripped onto this forum while looking for information so a response to my email address would get the information to me more directly or at least point me back to this forum. I am on my phone typing this and it doesn't show me the url where I got started. Thanks so much in advance, Kathy (ksilb@austin.rr.com)
Amazon Customer answered on May 25, 2010

A
Hey Chor, just wondering if you figured this out yet? I'm looking for an expander for my 8300HDC on TW cable so i was wondering did they ever fix the problem on the software?
D. Welty answered on August 17, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product