Professional restaurant supplies Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer bschs2 bschs2 bschs2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

VINE VOICEon May 29, 2010
Will Bowen has done it again! I attended his Complaint Free Living Retreat several years ago and found it to be inspiring. As time passed, I fell off the complaint free way of thinking. Looking for a way back into a more peaceful life, I bought this book from Amazon. This was exactly what I needed to remind me of what I learned at the retreat. Each chapter builds off the previous chapter.

Chapter 1 - Relating In Relationships
Chapter 2 - When Worlds Collide
Chapter 3 - Getting Your Needs Met
Chapter 4 - Why We G.R.I.P.E. (get attention, remove yourself from responsibility, inspire envy or brag, have power over someone, or excuse your poor performance)
Chapter 5 - Getting It Out
Chapter 6 - The Primary Relationship
Chapter 7 - It's Not personal; It's Personal

At the end of each chapter there are exercises that help reinforce the lessons from the chapter and pleasantly encourage no complaining. I have been using the techniques in the book and wearing the bracelet I got from the retreat. The techniques really do work. There is more peace in my life. It really is up to me on how I react to others. everyone is responsible for their own behavior and I will not take that upon myself. I will do my part in being peaceful and spreading positivity.

I highly recommend this book to anyone who wants or needs a positive change in their life. It is possible.
on December 6, 2015
This book was truly transformative. I read it after reading "Complaint Free World", also by Will Bowen. I think the most enlightening part of the book is the realization that improving your relationships does not require changing others, but rather, changing yourself. It is an empowering concept that we all hold within us the power to have great relationships with anyone we choose. This book, along with "Complaint Free World", can truly change how you view the world and your relationships within it.
on April 20, 2010
I read Will Bowen's Complaint Free Relationship right as I was starting a brand new relationship and I feel that some of the techniques I learned from this book have made all the difference in my relationship. Complaint Will Bowen points out that everyone operates under their own perception of reality. Jumping to conclusions about why a person says or acts a certain way and false assumptions about situations can create confrontations/complaining that can be toxic to relationships, and is not necessary! When you stop complaining, your partner will most likely not have anything to complain about either. I've found this to be so true. Understanding that when someone hurts your feelings, they are most of the time unaware that they have done so until the complaint is brought up, thus sparking natural defense which leads to more complaining! It's a vicious cycle that can stop today and you can enjoy all the happiness you deserve!
on December 23, 2013
I Love this book!! Such a simple solution to make all the difference in the world.. The facts are good, and the chapters are each very interesting and easy to read.. Mr Bowen says it so well, and I got it!! The bracelets they sell are a great tangible way to work the program in the book, and it just takes a moment to make the change each time... If you want to be jhappier, I HIGHLY recommend this book!!! signed, lisa who complains a lot less now!! in Oregon the rain even!!
on August 9, 2013
Will Bowen, has taken much of the difficulty out of this most complex and often misunderstood subject. His book is peppered with his own valuable insights in dealing with relationship matters. It is not a book to read and toss away, but keep it as a reference book until you can master all the nuances he has given, to improve all your relationships.
And I am certain if you can follow his insights your relationships will all improve overnight.
on July 3, 2013
You dont actually have to convince anyone else to read it for it to be helpful to making your relationships better.
It's a simple process handed to you in small, digestible, doses.
Just read it.
on July 29, 2014
I loved A Complaint Free World so bought this, expecting it to be a little new stuff and a lot rehash, like many self-help authors do, but there was more new stuff than I thought there'd be. I find his books so easy to read and so inspiring. I have always struggled with being assertive and he has great advice on how to improve that. I don't think he uses the word assertiveness but that's what he's talking about at times. He also tells stories about himself that aren't always flattering, so I feel inspired but never judged.
on August 6, 2015
Amazing clarity in ways I can make positive adjustments in how I respond to frustrating communication from those I love. Now all I need is strength from my Lord God to carry out the growth options explained in this book.
on November 14, 2014
One of the best books I've ever read. It all makes sense and let's us know that "complaining never solves anything." Finding a non-judgmental person to talk with is the most important lesson. Don't look for the friend who will always take your side but the one who will help you find a solution to your problems and give positive feedback. A must read for everyone over 20.
on March 12, 2010
There were a lot of great insights in this book. It gave me some wonderful aha moments and helped me understand why I was reacting in certain situations the way I was. I also liked that he didn't advocate that people stay in toxic relationships. He just helped the reader see what could be worked on and what we could step away from.

I would recommend this book to anyone who wants better skills to work through relationships.