Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Complete Book of First Experiences
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on August 16, 2010
This book has several detailed stories about first experiances-first party, first time at a hospital, first airplane trip, etc. A very cool way to show your child everything about the new thing they are about to do!
on July 11, 2010
I have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 and 6 mo. and they love this book, they show a lot of interest in every single story. I think they will be enjoying this book for a long time. Absolutely recommended!!
This omnibus of all 9 books in the "First Experiences" series is a winner, both for the young children and the purchaser. Through the colorful, full-of-activity illustrations, kids have plenty to investigate visually and imaginatively. The stories are simply written, with headlines at the top of each page for beginning readers and then full copy at the bottom for more advanced ones. So this is a good way to get children reading for themselves besides listening to the stories read to them.

The "first experiences" reflect most children's experiences -- hospital visit, school, dentist, new baby, moving, new puppy, a party, and others. These stories provide good conversation starters for children and parents. Don't forget the "little duck" hiding on every page opening!
on April 30, 2015
My boys (age 3 and 5) love reading this book. My son who is 5 also reads it independently (now that it has been read to him so many times). They chose one or two of the stories a night. We were expecting a baby and they read the story "Having a Baby" so many times, but "Going to the Doctor" and "Going to the Dentist" were also favorites. I would recommend it to anyone with young kids. Also the little duck on each page is so fun to find.
on November 7, 2010
My children generally enjoy these Usborne books, but this is the key compendium. For one low price you get nine stories that I'm sure most small children will want to read over and over. I can't recommend this highly enough.
on June 30, 2008
My daughter is 2.5 years old. Loves this book. Helped her to overcome fears at doctors/dentist. Quality is good. Pictures are so cute. Good for early readers too. Good price. Fast shipping. Very glad I purchased it.
on March 22, 2011
Absolutely wonderful!!
We will be moving to Europe and I needed a book for my 3-year old to prepare him for it.
He loves the stories about "going on the airplane" and "moving house". He also wants to go to the dentist and the doctor now, since we read the stories.
The pictures are cute, maybe a little outdated, but still very relevant. Lots to see and to talk about.
VINE VOICEon December 24, 2009
This is a sweet series of short children's stories that focus on first experiences. There is a visit to the hospital for a surgery, a new baby, a trip to the dentist, ride on an airplane, a vist to the dentist, and a few more I can't remember off the top of my head. Within each picture there is a little yellow duck to find. My toddler loves these stories and more importantly, I don't mind reading them over and over again. They explain what happens in each scenario in a nice matter-of-fact manner that a small child can understand.
on March 20, 2013
Our 3.5 year-old son really enjoys these stories. They are generally well-written, and the pictures and fun and attractive. However, there are a few things we found which made us a bit uncomfortable:

1. The families from all nine stories are all White. There are neighbors and others of other races shown, but non of them are the main characters. We found this odd. Also, every family has at least one child, and has two or more pets. Really???

2. There are at least two instances where a tired mom is seen reading something that looks like a Harlequin romance. The covers of the novels are obvious. This is surely not the case, don't know why they needed to include this int the illustrations, we felt this was unnecessary.

3. In the "Going to a Party" story it talks about all the children being dressed up as monsters and shows children wearing a ghost costume and also witch costume going to a birthday party. As a Christian family, this is not a kind of party we would like our children to attend, nor do we think we need to show them pictures of children trying to look scary. This is one story we will be skipping...
on July 20, 2007
This book is a wonderful compilation of all the first experiences that children have. The illustrations are amazing and full of so much detail that a child can take his time and really enjoy the book. The stories are written with the short sentences at the top, that the kids can read, and then longer sentences at the bottom of the page so the adult can add more detail to the story. The layout is wonderful and the stories are precious. I loved it!