Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on November 23, 2010
This book explains the building blocks with a great information. It takes an indepth look at all of the components of hockey training. This books also goes through the phases of training, from off-season to mid-season; with a workout program for all different phases and the knowledge to create your own workouts.
on May 6, 2012
My husband had the 1st version of this book and requested the new, revised edition. He was very happy with this book and liked that it included updated information and cd.
He uses this for hockey conditioning when he is playing (he plays in a beer league) but also uses it for conditioning when he is cycling as well.
on January 17, 2012
As a former semi-pro player this was my bible in my younger years and I just bought the updated version with DVD to get back into playing! This is a must have not only for hockey players, it has been key for me staying injury free in soccer and hiking as well!
on September 20, 2008
I'm an over 40 player and bought this hoping to get some conditioning tips. As I was looking it over, my neighbour, a trainer at Golds asked if she could borrow it. She's using it with her clients and won't give it back - 2 months now. Now I have to buy another one for me. It has the excerise routines she feels are right for hockey conditioning.
on March 16, 2015
Perfect!
on July 9, 2015
Needs to be updated to reflect current thinking in training. Even the photo is old school! Most valuable part is the phasing - that is telling trainees not to focus on just one thing but how to break it into phases and what to do. If it does get updated I would suggest a section dealing with yunge3r athletes. There is such a push now at such early ages that I see kids doing things their body is not ready for.