Automotive Deals Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Format: Hardcover|Change

VINE VOICEon October 2, 2006
Write a few books and tell everyone flat out you're having a "conversation with God"....

I know that this is kind of an unpopular opinion, I believe that all inspired writing is from God. Whether that be the Bible or Ralph Waldo Emerson or Neale Donald Walsch or even John P. Morgan...uhhhh...that would be me.

What makes Neale Donald Walsch's books so icredibly great as well as so incredibly upsetting to many is that he dared to write a book based on a conversation he really felt he was having with God. I believe that God is talking to all of us all the time but a lot of us tune down the conversation to an inaudible volume and a lot of us tune the conversation completely out. People mention the Bible as the inspired word of God...yes, yes it was...but I know that this may sound like a shock to a lot of you, but it, too was written by men and just like in Conversations With God, there may be a few parts that are flawed and over-exaggerated, but the same can be true of the Bible. I don't believe that every single word of the Bible is "Divinely Inspired". Some of the authors of the various books were very biased and prejudiced and sexist. But there are parts of the Bible that are incredibly beautiful. The 23rd Psalm is one of the loveliest passages in the whole book and no matter how many times I've read it, I find it all the more lovely because when I am truly in a state of "Oneness" with my Creator, there really is nothing I could want, need, or desire. God's Grace truly is my sufficiency.

I find a lot of passages in this marvelous collection incredibly inspiring and while we are talking about being inspired, do you know that it literally means to "be in Spirit". We can all be inspired simply by choosing to be in Spirit rather than in the world. As Jesus said from a rather inspired place, "Be in the world, but not of it..." and he also said, "Judge not by appearances..."

You see, when I am truly inspired, i know that i am still in the world, but I don't have to be of it. I do not have to focus on greed, or lack, or disease...I can focus on health, prosperity, and plenty. In other words, I can focus on the truth that God is always and in all ways filling my cup to overflowing. I do not believe in a stingy God or a begrudging God; I believe in a Whole and Holy God that made everyone and everything out of Its Wholeness...out of Its Holiness...another inspired passage from Revelation: "Behold, I make all things new...'

This book will push you to the edge and may even tip you over the edge. If you are reading these books and becoming agitated and upset, maybe you need to ask yourself why that is. Maybe you aren't too grounded in your beliefs. Remember this, Jesus ticked off a few people in his time, too. All great people who have a great message to convey will upset other people. Why? Because great people usually listen to their hearts, their souls, their Inner Guides...they aren't afraid to be inspired...they aren't even afraid to die for what they believe in because you can kill the messenger, but you cannot kill the message.

Mr. Walsch, I salute the incredible work you put into these books. Thank you for listening to your heart. Thank you for helping me to become just a little more inspired.

We are all One in God now....peace and blessings, everyone...
4141 comments| 270 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 30, 2006
As I grew up, I was always told to use the good sense that God gave me. At the same time, I was also told not to question what the church told me to believe about God. This caused terrible turmoil inside me for most of my life because what I was taught by the church did not match my inner feelings about a loving God. Nothing they told me made sense. 40 years later someone recommended I read Book 1. Before I finished the first chapter I had to put the book down because it was moving me so powerfully and I was sobbing. I sobbed at nearly every paragraph for three days, not because it was sad but because I was being joyfully released and I could hardly believe it. Finally, everything I ever thought about a loving God as a child was being validated in the words I was reading. I have read all of these books and it has changed my thinking and my life. The messages in these books have given me back to myself. I give these books my highest recommendation.
22 comments| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 5, 2006
I read this trilogy several years ago as it was first coming out, and it positively changed the way I looked at a lot of things. first of all, if you are a zealous christian or something these books are probably not going to be to your taste, unless you happen to be the only one out there with an open mind. Walsch begins the first book by sitting down like a kid writing an angry letter to santa about the crappy christmas he just had, only the letter is to god and the christmas is his life. then, he describes how his hand just kind of sat there, and he was suddenly writing the words 'do you want an answer to any of that or are you just venting?' to which he sat wonderingly and then responded with 'answers', and the dialogue was born.

an example of the kind of writing you will find follows.

page 44, god- 'all physical life functions in accordance with natural laws. Once you remember these laws, and apply them, you have mastered life at the physical level.'

skipping some dialogue after that to the next page, Neale asks, "then how can I know these laws? how can I learn them?"

god- 'it is not a question of learning, but of remembering.'

Neale- "how can I remember them?"

god- 'begin by being still. quiet the outer world, so that the inner world might bring you sight. this in-SIGHT is what you seek, yet you cannot have it while you are so deeply concerned with your outer reality. seek, therefore, to go within as much as possible. and when you are not going within, come FROM within as you deal with the outside world. remember this axiom:

If you do not go within, you go without.

put it into the first person as you repeat it, to make it more personal.

If I do not go within

I go without.'

these books are literally filled to bursting with such cleverness, playing on words to make very decent points in my opinion, and will sparkle that brain of yours to make you think about things you may never have considered before if you have never read any new age material.

the difference between this and most other new age material I have read, is this focuses on the same reality that books from the Kryon by Lee Caroll for example espouse, yet from that exclusive point of view belonging to organized religionists.

the arguments reflect 'bible thumper' thinking, rather than what some call wiccan or 'tree hugger' thinking.

for example, in a kryon book, you may get a topic about abundance, and the flow starts from 'you are all dearly loved' to 'you own your abundance, you yourself are denying it from you, not gaia or the world around you.' and finishes up with 'and so it is.'

that's average new age flavor for you, and actually I don't mind that at all as I have seen some that is downright ludicrous marshmellowy fluff stuff.

Walsch's dialogue keeps it much more down to earthish, although there is the occasional 'you inspire me!' which is kind of fluffy in my opinion but then god answers, 'well, if god can't inspire you, who in hell can?' which isn't.

it is very easy to get a warped sense of view on the whole new age thing from so many out there who focus on aliens, and conspiracies, but the good ones focus on philosophy and how to think, not at all the same thing to my mind.

a good website to check out if you are interested in looking at a quality contemporary and ongoing new age website is crimsoncircle.com, and kryon.com for material closer to when these books came out. I just bought seven of Walschs books, some of which I had read like these three and a couple I had not yet, and the one I am reading now, What God wants, I highly recommend if you enjoy the first three.

He has a way of putting arguments that may be rolling around in your head down simply and compactly, at least for me, and it is fun reading the dialogue books for the clever plays on words and the startling way certain seemingly straightforward questions you may have asked yourself in that situation are answered.

at any rate, they will make you think, strengthening your own personal philisophical foundation, which can only ever be good-again in my opinion, and while some parts can be a little harsh on the organized religionists, it is their own fault for being so closed-minded about everything they can't see such obvious glaring inconsistencies with their beliefs and philisophical approach to life.

one thing more- these books are not seemingly written as attacking organized religion or anything, but the arguments and points of view expressed by them are definately unhealthy to the dogma of revered and traditional church-type canon passed down through generations of god-fearing men to save the poor sinners on the judgement day that hasn't happened yet.

have a great day!
22 comments| 90 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2006
This book is the best book I have read in the last ten years besides ancient scriptual texts. What amazes me is that "GOD" lets all of us follow our desires, instincts, and there is absolutely no judgments.Having been a student of eastern thought for the past 12 years and an avid meditator, I relate to much of what is presented here with great admiration. However, there are recommendations God has and I agree with them....this book speaks from a very deep place in all of us yet most of us don't have a clue how to access it.Mr. Walsch has made that connection and we can too, but it's all up to us as seekers of our own truth to find our paths. Truely being open is not easy as the sediment of our own egos provides unlimited ideas of what the universe, God and creation is all about.To fully comprehend what this book talks about one must give up the very concepts of what we have been taught are real and true. I applaud Mr. Walsch in having the courage to even write this book yet again follow its ideas. Bravo!! a jillion gold stars..
1717 comments| 161 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2006
I will assume that if you're looking at this book you're already familiar with the series. So I'd like to make a comment about this actual edition. I feel the images here on Amazon are misleading. The book comes in a box. The box has a nice picture on it, (shown above), but the book is very bare bones. It has no picture on the cover, no dust jacket, and the quality of the paper is... debatable.

I'm not saying it's going to fall apart, but I think it was a very low-cost or cost-cutting venture and it's not that high quality. Had I seen this in an actual store I don't think I would have purchased it. That said, I am very glad to have the full index and that is a boon. Even still, I am not that impressed, and miss the nice art from the original books (on the covers).
2727 comments| 240 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 28, 2006
The book talks about the stuff that our society continues to ignore, and it doesnt' matter whether you choose to believe that it is an actual conversation with god or not, the insight the book offers is amazing. This book is definately a must in spiritual growth, and will help you be okay with who you are, and ask yourself what you want to be, and what you do is good for you or not. If you can't love yourself, how can you love others?
on February 21, 2007
"The Complete Conversations with God" gives humanity, at long last, an overdue change in our outlook of religion, and weens us away from the popular belief that God is an old, white-bearded man sitting in the clouds, either punishing us or rewarding us depending upon our actions. These are absurd allegations anyway, yet they stuck with us for years and years and years, mainly due to religious indoctrinations.

For the curious or hopeful purchaser: the works are deeply involved with questions and answers about humanity's stretch over the ages, about right and wrong decisions (ethics and morality), what was actually the word of God, and addresses many other points.

As for me, it encompassed a vision of a God I could fall in love with spiritually. I hold this view of God in stark contrast with the old version--

*God

*All-powerful

*All-knowing

*Is everywhere

*Created us

*Loves us

*and...because of Adam and Eve eating an apple, punished the whole human race...?

1) If God was All-knowing, then he/she would've known beforehand that they were going to eat the apple. Why would he even act angry??

2) As the scripture puts it Adam and Eve "offended" God. HA, how could we, as God's very creations, ever offend such an entity? God is well above that. If we all truly knew what and who God is, then we would never again be stuck in mind-sets of fear.

3) Lastly, the information will sound blasphemous to the "pious". All I can say is, get over it. Keep in mind Galileo's early discovery of the positions of the cosmos was criticized, too.

I highly recommend this book to others.

***Note: You will find it hard to benefit from these teachings if you are not open-minded. If you shut yourself out to possibility and keep a skeptical mindset about the information within, and the manner in which it was acquired, then you will have gained nothing, and lost money on this invaluable spiritual investment.***
on February 24, 2006
this series has literally changed my life. it sounds cliche, but truthfully, it changed the way i see/believe/think about my higher power, and thus, in a big way, has changed my life. i recommend it for anyone searching for a greater consciousness with their higher power.
on December 29, 2005
I went into reading this book with a complete open mind. I did not want to take for granted that it was real or unreal. I have completely finished Book I and 1/3 of Book II. I re-read parts of book one first and took a week to absorb the dialogue. I recommend this book to every single person on earth. It is an opportunity which most likely will not come again. It is not a religious book but it will put together the pieces of our existence on this earth and the existence of higher power. If you cannot afford the book get it at the library. It could change you life. It will.
on October 17, 2014
This book opened my eyes again to what I knew as a child, that God is not a parental or authoritarian figure, it is your best friend and the ultimate realization is that it is YOU (a broader perspective). I like to use the analogy of a person looking into a microscope. The small amoeba on the slide cannot comprehend the complexity of the entity watching it, but the entity is benevolent and uses tools and nutrients to guide the amoeba in a way that is in the best interest for the amoeba if the amoeba "listens/recognizes signs and synchronicities in its life" that are put in place by the kind entity. God, the Universe or whatever name you want to call it, wants to help you in your physical journey experience. The energy you put out is the energy you receive, listen to the whispers of your heart and follow your emotional guidance system.

This book awakened me and I cried many times while reading it after a flood of emotion came over me because there was a deep down knowing in my being that what is written here is the Truth. I had flashbacks to many hard times in my life and realizing that God/ the Universe/ whatever you want to call it was always there by me. We are given free will choice and we can choose pain, suffereing and bondage if we want; however each one of us incarnated on Earth to do something specific to help the collective. This book will bring you closer to the broader perspective of you (God/ the Universe) who can whisper the path that is most resourceful to you to follow that will bring evolution and happiness to your life experience.

Happy evolution and communication with your best friend!