5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised
Published 22 months ago by Joanne

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful only by accident
Published 5 months ago by Nan

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasantly Surprised, September 7, 2012
I received my book today and had to take a minute to write about it. If you're a fan of the show, I know you would like this book. It has beautiful color photos on every recipe including a photo on what can go wrong and suggestions on how to prevent these mistakes. There are helpful hints for preparation and products they recommend using. Plus there is a huge section in the back on shopping for equipment which shows what each utensil is used for ... from tools to cooking equipment and a small photo of each. There are also several food items listed and what each would be used for ... everything from soup to nuts. They even included an episode directory which lists what was cooked on that episode. I believe this book is a complete cookbook of all the recipes on the shows from season one through five. This would be a really great gift for the beginning cook or for anyone who likes to cook and bake. (Just a note: I didn't buy mine from Amazon, like I usually do, and they're selling it for a much better price. That'll teach me, huh?)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Word of Caution!, April 29, 2013
I have read reviews for this book (which I have and love) and the ATK Complete Cookbook. Many readers have complained that they can't find specific recipes. I wonder if they realize that these are two different cookbooks that accompany two different TV shows. For example, two people were looking for Pepperoni Pan Pizza and Triple Chocolate Cookies in the ATK cook book. But, since they were featured on Cooks Country, they won't be found in the ATK cookbook. Rather, the recipes are found on Cooks Country TV.com. But I think you have to pay to be a member and have access to all the recipes. Which brings me to another area: these two cookbooks come from the same pace, but unless you pay for each one separately, you can't have access to them both. Case in point: I have paid for a one year subscription to Cooks Country. I can look up recipes on that web site. But if it should happen that other recipes are available on ATK 's web site, I can only get them if I pay for a SECOND subscription. NOT FAIR!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Exciting, November 16, 2012
This is one of the best cookbooks around. I am an avid cook and this book is one of those rare books where you want to cook EVERY recipe! They are easy, yummy, and have ingredients any cook can find in their local super market. Thanks Cook's Country for sharing your hours of prep work, ideas, and product reviews with us lay people.

2.0 out of 5 stars Useful only by accident, February 21, 2014
Most but not all of the recipes I have tried work out fairly well. But FINDING a recipe is nearly impossible. In his rush to get even more income for his vast "cooking for profit" empire, Kimball has declined to employ a competent editor who understands how a book needs to be prepared in order to be useful. The "Index" is simply a chapter by chapter list of recipe titles! It's not a comprehensive alphabetized list of recipes identified by food type or major ingredient. Evidently one is expected to leaf through the book, page by page, until one stumbles on something similar to the recipe one might be seeking. Shame on you, Christopher Kimball.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not user friendly for a kindle or mobile device, May 5, 2014
Note to all----this review is for the KINDLE edition only. I had the older paperback edition of this cookbook and loved it. I decided to buy the kindle version of the updated book but was so disappointed when I tried to maneuver through it. There is no table of contents which means you have to scroll through the entire book to find recipes. I have requested a refund for this kindle edition and will be purchasing the paperback.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kimball & Co. Do it Right!, September 5, 2012
This is a great add to any kitchen and is written in true Test Kitchen style. There are lots of color photos and illustrations to accompany each recipe. I watch the show on pbs and could not wait to get this cookbook as I am a fan of the sister show America's Test Kitchen. The index has proved to be useful and complete. Can't wait to cook some of these tasty dishes!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply OUTSTANDING!!!!, March 3, 2013
If you were cooking a meal for Jesus, this is the cookbook to use. IT IS AWESOME!!!! Easy to follow, wholesome well selected receipes, great info on best cooking methods, and pantry friendly. THE YUMMINESS made me purchase 10 copies as gifts. It is a must have for every kitchen in America. Betty Crocker is sitting in her kitchen fuming.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love This Cookbook!, December 31, 2013
I really enjoy watching Cook 's Country on Create Channel, and this Kindle version of their cookbook is just wonderful. My favorite feature is the multiple recipe listings and links all throughout the book. I have other cook books without this feature and you have to literally go front to back or back to front to find something.

This book has recipes listed by chapter, by the show seasons, by type of recipe. You can find recipe links in the front and in the back of the book, which makes it very easy to navigate through.

Next to the ease of navigation is the way they present their recipes and especially explaining why the recipe works well and why other ways do not work or don't work as well as their suggested way of preparation. Their recipes come with crisp, clear directions and colorful photos.

InI

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone has too many cookbooks, so we have to be selective, September 18, 2013
Recently, I missed part of the America's Test Kitchen on TV and so I went onto Amazon and found a bunch of cookbooks from the Shows. I selected a used copy of this cookbook and was pleased to note that the previous owner (unlike me) kept his/her hands off the pages - no oil spots, no flour dustings, no dog-eared pages.

The recipes are easy to read and there's a plethora of helpful hints germane to each recipe. They're all simplifications of complicated recipes as will which is so helpful when we're a "part-time" cook.

There are several variations of this theme and what a great library you could have - I didn't know that the crew in the old farm house was so prolific. I highly recommend their writings. Gordon R. Derman - Homestead, Florida

4.0 out of 5 stars Very thorough as are all Cook's books., November 28, 2012
I actually give it 4 1/2 stars.
I wish it was available in hardback.
Most recipes I've tried from this show have been very good, but not all.
It's definitely worth getting.
I do prefer the Coook's companion book America's Test Kitchen overall and give it 4 3/4 stars.

The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook Revised
The Complete Cook's Country TV Show Cookbook Revised by Editors at Cook's Country (Paperback - August 1, 2013)
$29.95 $22.20
Temporarily out of stock. Order now and we'll deliver when available.
Rate and Discover Movies