4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource for the right price
This book was a great read for me the day before my wife and I picked up our dog from the kennel.
Published on February 27, 2009 by JJohnson

3.0 out of 5 stars The Most Comprehensive Dog Care Manual
This book covers a lot of subjects, and has many nice photos, but the reason I don't recommend it is because all the dogs in the book are Pedigrees. Many of us dog owners have a mixed breed, so the information is is great if you have a pedigree.
Published 24 days ago by J. Porter

4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource for the right price, February 27, 2009
JJohnson (Riverside, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) (Paperback)
I read through the book within 2 hours and learned much about my new companion. I recommend this book on the grounds that it does allow the reader to understand things more from a dogs perspective. It deals mostly with health issues but the psychology of dogs is also touched upon, and the background of the species that is summarized is quite interesting.
If you have the extra cash to put towards buying this book it will be an okay purchase- you may find yourself, as I have, returning to the index in the event that your dog seems ill or acting strangely. However if you are not willing to pay the full price for the book you can easily spend an afternoon in a store reading through it. Any used copies available that are under $5.00 I would consider a smart purchase.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Most Comprehensive Dog Care Manual, December 31, 2014
J. Porter (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love Fido, Keep a Copy, May 13, 2014
This review is from: Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) (Paperback)
I'm the kind who needs to know what my dog should be doing at a certain stage in life. I like help with her food, her treats, her exercise (she doesn't like it), and how in the WORLD to discipline her without killing her when she's a BAD, BAD dog. This a great book. This vet speaks in easy-to-read terms. I can almost hear his calm voice as he writes.

If you have a dog, this book should be by your chair as a ready-reference.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book on Dog Care, January 16, 2014
This review is from: Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) (Paperback)
Purchased this book for my granddaughter. She uses it continually to research and learn how to care for her dogs. A very easy to understand book

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic Book for new dog owners, June 20, 2013
JUDITH M HERNANDEZ (Pembroke Pines, FL, US) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) (Paperback)
This book is interesting and good for people who want to become dog owners and those who are new to owning a dog for a pet. It gives generalized basic information on most dog breeds and how to care for your dog. It does not go in depth about first aid as much as just general information on common problems. Nothing on medication that can be safely given to dogs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very interesting book, June 7, 2013
I purchased this book for my youngest daughter and the whole family found it very interesting, full of facts and information. I highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, December 11, 2014
Good shape. Nice deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good book, January 13, 2009
This review is from: Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) (Paperback)
I bought this book as a present for a new dog owner. I had seen this in my local library and knew it was a thorough book.

Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca)
Complete Dog Care Manual (Aspca) by Bruce Fogle (Paperback - April 17, 2006)
Used & New from: $0.03