Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Complete Feltmaking: Easy Techniques and 25 Great Projects
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on May 4, 2007
I own 8 felting books but if I had to give up 6 of them this is one of the keepers. Finally here is a book that doesn't insult one's aesthetic with cutesy projects that seem more suited to preteens. Instead the author showcases great designs with a very clear idea from start to finish of what you need for a project, what will be entailed to finish it and great photos all along the way. The basic technique given at the beginning will serve you through out the book and should be memorized - or copied, enlarged and put up on your wall until you have it committed to memory. The list of resources is fantastic - except there is no "Balfour Farm" as is listed. Another great felting book to have is "Feltmaking and Wool Magic" by Jorie Johnson, which is much more comprehensive but not as user friendly as the photos are small.
0Comment|114 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 19, 2007
I purchased this book not really knowing what to expect and what I got, to my surprise, was awesome! It's a well written book, beautifully photographed, with very nice inspiring projects. Super colorful! Great variety!! Ideal for all skill levels and the projects are categorized in the book that way. I always find that very helpful when trying to determine which project to attempt first. What a great book!! It's a keeper in my library! Not a moments regret here at all!
on June 1, 2007
This book presents a nice, comprehensive overview of felting - both wet and dry - The pictures are beautiful and each step in the process is clearly explained. I was not terribly impressed with the projects included, however - kind of basic and a little boring. But, still worth owning if you intend to explore this art form.
on July 19, 2007
I was given this book as a gift a while ago and was a bit intimidated to try it out, as I am not the craftiest person around. Luckily I did try, and have been thrilled with the results. The bag I made always get compliments, and whenever I go out people always ask where I got it. It's lovely to tell them I made it, and they can too.

CF is easy to read and the steps are clearly laid out and easy to follow. I also recommend making a cheat sheet of the basic steps, until you are comfortable with them. That way you don't have to keep opening the book/turning pages while you hands are soapy/wet. The design ideas in the book are a good launching point for other designs, so don't be afraid to make to customize the look to your tastes.

I highly recommend this book as a great entry into felt making. I am so excited to try the wall hanging and eventually the slippers for this fall (spoiler alert to my family
on June 19, 2007
Found this book at a book store & paid full price! I wish I had found it here! It's a great book with tons of ideas, has instructions on wet & needle felting as well as knitted felting. I especially like the bright colored projects that are "today's styles". I think it's one of the nicer felting books I have!
on April 18, 2008
Thorough and complete in every category - this book on feltmaking will get everyone interested in felting to explore one or more of the ways to develop quality felt products. The projects provided in the book are great and tempting to do - perfect for those wanting to learn the subject. Plus the dynamic colors used in nearly every project add to the inspiration provided by the author. Get this book and maybe one more if you can only afford a few books on the subject...and remember, other authors may focus on one technique to the exclusion of others, while this author does not. So perhaps, choose this book first and then find another book, more advanced perhaps, in the felting technique you like best. But don't forget, this author includes some unique advanced projects to sink your felting activities into! Excellent!
on November 24, 2007
I have been felt making now for 10 years, so i am most likely being a tad unfair with only giving four stars. I bought this book on the cover as the bag colours and style got my interest. It is a good introduction too the three hobby felt styles- needle , knitting, and wet including nuno felt. Colours are bright and infomation easy to understand.
on August 2, 2011
If it wasn't for the fact that returning the book would not be cost effective, return it I would. This book is nowhere near as good as it is touted to be. The step by step instructions leave things out and are often just plain confusing. I bought this book with the brilliant Uniquely Felt (which was how I came to understand that Complete Feltmaking was nowhere near complete. The projects are uninspired and nowhere did I read that I would be expected to knit the items prior to felting (not all pieces but a good portion require knitting skills).

As a woman in her middle-years I have no use of baby booties, crib blankets or fish mobiles. And because I am the mother of three I see how useless booties and crib blankets are for a newborn (blankets are no longer suggested due to strangulation fears and no child yet has ever kept booties on. Advanced techniques include: a scarf, a shawl, adult slippers (look like booties), a felted bowl, and a wallhanging...yawn!

Perhaps I am getting jaded but there was just nothing exciting here. I was really disappointed. You can find better instructions (and projecs) for free on You Tube. The book will sit gathering dust on my bookcase. It is too badly written for a complete beginner (so not a good gift) and not advanced enough for any of us who have dabbled in the craft without instruction. So sad, I had high expectations.
on May 13, 2008
This is fantastic book - the handbag on the front cover pulled me in and unlike some books the front cover is indicative of the rest of the projects. The projects are well thought out and interesting. Whilst the colours are not always to my liking a bit of imagination helps fix that anyway. I have to make the pansy table runner, the nuno felt scarf, the baby crib blanket, the trout mobile, the booties - the list goes on - all I need now is to get pregnant before I make the last 3. Love this book and it is fund to just flick through and get inspiration.
on September 16, 2015
What a great book. 8 years after it was published I bought it and I love it. There are 159 pages of gorgeous images and projects to do that have really opened my mind to the amazing possibilities of all kinds of felting. I have been needle felting and I am working on nuno felting but this covers all the fun stuff in between and also a part on needle felting. The projects are so fun and her instructions really are easy to follow. She doesn't just show you a gorgeous image then leave you hanging on how to accomplish it. I took some pics to show you because if you are like me, you really like to flip through a book before buying and these days that is getting way to hard to do. I wanted to go crazy and kind of did so there are quite a few images but I take 159 like I wanted to. I did take 12 images and apologize that the contents page had a horrible glare. I hope it helps I've you in your decision making process, personally I think if you like felting flowers or purses or journal covers than you need this book.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image