Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Complete Guide to Climbing (By Bike) In Colorado Paperback – March 11, 2011
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
What is good:
Climbs, their description and location
Statistics on each (lots of data)
Climbing training (though somewhatbrief)
What could be better:
All climb data in one place although that might make presentation difficult
All in all an excellent source for climbing info in Colorado. Worth the price of admission.
- Vail pass from either direction should be included
- Ute pass north of Silverthorne should also be considered as well
- A challenging Boulder climb worth adding is Linden Avenue
- I would recommend restating the caution for exposure on Red Mountain pass from the north. You mention that road carries a fair amount of traffic and that the lower part of the climb has some exposure. Considering that there is no guardrail and no shoulder (and not even a white line painted on the side of the cliff) in sections where a fall would be certain death, I suggest a bit stronger caution for this section of the road.
- I think the Deer Creek Challenge ("toughest century ride in the US") is worth mentioning
The description of the climbs was very good, but as a guide book it was a pain
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book is starting to get outdated with some climbs getting additional paved sections, etc - but invaluable for finding new climbing routes and preparing for the climb.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
Great source for little known hill and mtn. rides. Good directions and ratings. Lots of information about these and other classic rides.Published 20 months ago by Daniel DeKoven