Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on June 2, 2007
This is an enjoyable light reading on tax liens. Although the book says you can learn it in seven days, I think you can probably read through this entire book in about six hours. You don't carry a huge bunch of pages with useless glossaries. It goes straight to the point and step by step. I also recommend reading Profit by Investing in Real Estate Tax Liens: Earn Safe, Secured, and Fixed Returns Every Time by Loftis. Our local library showcased these two books actually during the tax season. I don't think they knew these books were actually for real estate tax liens rather than personal taxes. But I'm glad they showed it!

To break it down, here's why I like this book --

a. It's a very easy read, you can get done with it in 6 hours.

b. It's cheaper than a tax lien system I found online by supposed gurus who charge an arm and a leg. yikes!

c. It's written by someone who actually buys tax liens and not just someone that writes for a living. Those books tend to "look great" but lacking in content.

d. It isn't boring, it is illustrated.
33 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 2, 2007
I've bought several foreclosure books and this one is one of my favorites. This effectively has some of the most detailed information about tax liens and tax deed foreclosures but in a very short form (to the point). One big thing that made me buy this book is the online support -- I was able to get responses within two hours from the publisher on questions relating Georgia tax liens. That's not bad, considering some books don't even have web sites. I mentioned on the subject header to not buy the Ultimate Foreclosure Kit which is also by the same author. This book is more updated, has more information, and is discounted online.
0Comment| 103 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 12, 2007
This 'complete guide' to tax liens is a misnomer since all tax lien laws tend to change and it is highly affected by those changes. But what is good about this particular book is the fact that it has a corresponding web site...such as the changes on Michigan or the new tax lien sales happening in Florida.

The book with the web site is why this is a better buy than most of the tax lien books I've read. There's also a question and answer link that I've found useful (I'm not sure if you talk to the author or someone else though).

Overall, a good book with online resources.
on October 19, 2007
I took the bite from a real estate conference's suggestion about this book and was pleasantly surprised. Considering that tax lien systems cost about $199 on the low end and over $5000 on the high end, this book is a breath of fresh air. It is actually fun to read, the author puts in light humor.

But the cost or humor isn't really why I gave it five stars. The information is straightforward for even elementary level, but the thing that puts this above other tax lien books is the free online support that otherwise would cost expensive hourly fees from coaches on systems.
on October 23, 2007
A very easy to understand book. Was impressed that this offered free mentor support online. It also helped me understand what's going on with the current real estate market, with all the foreclosures and the real estate values evaporating, this book helped guide me on some new investment ventures: tax liens.
on February 17, 2007
An official Library Weekly book review.

REVIEW:

Superb, fun to read, and introduces a new alternative to stocks and bonds - Don Sausa shares the secret of banks and wealthy investors. The book guides you from day one to day seven on how to research, and invest in tax liens and tax deed foreclosures. His writing style is refreshing, sprinkled with humor and inviting.
on August 10, 2007
I want to give this book a star of 4.5 because I think it is clear and straight to the point about the topics. It helped me understand what kind of investment it is and more importantly, it tells me about the possible risks/problems. There are many books about the same topics and many of them simply address too much about the "easy, simple and safe" side of the investment. The reality is all successful investment takes some research. But this book doesn't seem to be hiding any potential problems and certainly showed me a clearer picture of this type of investment and how to do it. I recommend it for anyone who is interested in this field, especially beginners. Thanks!
on January 17, 2008
This is a very very quick read and a definite time saver for people on the go. I think if you are new to this and didn't know how tax liens work, you will really find this book to be helpful as it guides you step by step. It is very specific on what you should do and what forms to fill out. I have looked at other tax lien resources mainly John Beck's expensive tax lien program on TV. I found this book to be cheaper and more direct to the point, while the latter having little or no resources unless you want to pay more for coaching and stuff.

Also I was surprised to find the free online community with this book. It makes the learning process a little easier when you have questions and you can ask people including the author directly.
on September 20, 2007
I read The Complete Guide to Real Estate Tax Liens and Foreclosures in one weekend. It is very consice and gets right to the point. It was fun researching some of the suggested sites and actually seeing some of the properties that were listed. I am a detail person, and I would have preferred to get more details on some of the pitfalls that I may face in making these purchases, but Don Sausa does have a unique ability to take a complex subject and simplify it for all readers. I think this is a great book for anyone who needs to know about purchasing tax liens and deeds. There are so many rip-off programs out there and people are paying alot for them. I applaud Mr. Sausa for his consumer friendly book and the website support. It is a great value!
VINE VOICEon October 18, 2007
Each week I see infomercials on buying tax liens as a way to own real estate. Wanting to know more, but not wanting the hassle of infomercial upsell pressure, I got this book. I think it offers a good overview of how tax liens work. It also shows that you're not too likely to buy a tax lien for $200 and own a home. It shows how states vary (some you just have a lien, some you have the home), and how tax sales work.

Because real estate and taxes involve big financial implications, I'd still do more research and even find a mentor who is successful in tax lien purchases before getting involved. But for an overall view, this is a good resource.
11 comment| 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse