Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

81%
19%

on January 23, 2006
I adore roses and when I first purchased my house, I got several books on the topic and planted several roses in my front entry. Unfortunately only one of several plants has survived these past twelve years, and I got discouraged. The book Complete Guide to Roses has ignited my interest again. It covers every aspect of roses, from their origin and development, to testing and preparing soil, diagnosing pests and diseases by leaf inspection, and the description of specific types, varieties, and characteristics of roses available on the market today. Armed with this new information and a sense of mission, I've decided to try again!
on December 12, 2006
Whether you have roses and are having problems with them or wish to plan out a rose garden, Complete Guide to Roses is the item of choice, pairing color photos of roses and gardens with tips on transplanting, using fertilizers, and choosing the best roses for the climate. From how to prune to insights on and from the American Rose Society, COMPLETE GUIDE TO ROSES is more than a garden how-to book: it covers virtually everything having to do with roses.

Diane C. Donovan

California Bookwatch
on September 5, 2007
Plenty of pictures and drawings. I got this to try to diagnose what was wrong with my roses. What I thought was a virus appears to be a lack of iron in the ground. Very helpful, more information than I need in regards to other rose types, but overall a very practical book.
on August 3, 2007
This book contains both beautiful pictures and detailed information about growing roses. I purchased a new copy to replace the original one that I left out in the rain! I have referred to this book many times over the last few years in tending to over 100 roses in my garden...
on June 20, 2004
I've just started collecting books on rose growing and gardening. This is a great addition to the collection. Good advice on gardening basics and great pictures. I highly recommend.
on November 19, 2013
This Ortho book explained everything I wanted to know about roses. I had just gotten a rose from Jackson & Perkins in the autumn (I thought I was going to get it in the spring so I was very surprised) with a couple of roses on it and roots. After I got the book, I did exactly what it stated plus the fact that J&P said to leave it outside for three days in the shade for acclimation. It now has a polystyrene cover for the winter plus mulch. Since I live in Michigan I am anxious to see what it looks like in March/April before/after pruning.
on February 19, 2014
Excellent guide to anything you want to know about roses. Everything from planting, care, and propagation, to the proper pruning of all the different kinds of roses. If you want to learn the right way, buy this book.
Beautiful illustrations and photos. Be sure to read the origin of the modern rose - you will be impressed when you read the history behind all the hybrids we have now - how it all started with one queen and how the rose became even more important than war.
on March 22, 2013
Love this book, so many pictures and illustrations on top of important information, worth every penny-wish I bought it a long time ago.
on June 15, 2010
This book is a great tool for anything you want to know about roses. To planting,diseases, care and all the different types and there qualities.
on January 26, 2014
Love this book it has a wide variety of roses and is detailed on how to care for them.
this is the best book I've read on roses.