Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Complete Guide to Security and Privacy Metrics: Measuring Regulatory Compliance, Operational Resilience, and ROI
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Drowners The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on March 8, 2007
***This is a big book full of a lot of facts and figures.*** (Yes a very big book, not a cover to cover book.) 824 pages, 5 chapters and by no means a read it from cover to cover book. The first two chapters, the "Introduction" and "the What's and Whys of Metrics" are the authors interesting and quite knowledgeable overview of the world of operational, personal, physical and IT security metrics. After, the remaining chapters get in-depth. Chapter 3 "Measuring Compliance" goes into great detail about relating the different acts, bills, regulations and directives with various Metrics. Chapter 4 "Measuring Resilience" provides numerous worksheets and questionnaires as well as an abundance of information regarding threats, asset protection, mission protection, audit trails and others. Finally Chapter 5 "Measuring ROI" covers cost, benefits, some case studies and comparative analysis as well again some great worksheets.
A very useful and well organized guide. (Although a bit on the expensive side)
on January 8, 2014
What can I say this book rocks and is written very well. Now not this is not a cute and fuzzy read this is more I have been doing this for some time and need some hard core reinforcement and sometimes it will smack you up side the back of the head with "Ah ha". This said I love this book, it is more text book style which for me is what I like, Teach me do not try to entertain me. If I wanted entertainment I would go see a movie. This is a great book for anyone doing IT or IT Security.
on March 16, 2016
Hated this book, the concepts are difficult to follow. That being said, I think the author did the best that can be done with the subject matter
on August 2, 2014
It's a good book. Lots of duplicity which makes the book HUGE. Just becoming dated material due to its publication date but recommend it.
on February 22, 2016
The book was in Excellent condition; very useful for security/privacy professional
on March 9, 2016
Fabulous book with lots of good examples