Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Complete Idiot Reviews (A Laugh Out Loud Comedy Box Set)
Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care

on June 10, 2013
The very first story was my favorite. I laughed the hardest on that one. Brian was the funniest character in the book. He lives in a village with some other interesting characters. Their stories are told through spoof Amazon reviews. It is bathroom and very juvenile humor. Which I don't have a problem with, just letting the reader know up front. The second book occurs in an office. Brian's cousin is working in the office. He provides the humor. The third book is a little more adult as it is about government officals. I live in the US so I am not sure if these are real officals. I feel if I lived in the UK I may have found this funnier. It was still interesting and I feel I learned a little about life in the UK. That is exactly what one wants from a book, to be transported to another place or time. The concept is great. The novelity wore off around the end of the first book. But my interest picked back up at the second book.
on September 4, 2013
This is a collection of the author's first three idiot reviews books, The Village Idiot Reviews,Office Idiot Reviews and Office Idiot Reviews which if worth checking the price of on those links as possibly their cheaper individually than this set price.

The first book Village Idiot Reviews is written as a bunch of fake reviews on Amazon products by random people in a fictional village. You've got a an alcoholic vicar who stalks a woman who went out on a date with him in high school and tells us all about it through products that help him do those things, a juvenile delinquent who wants to grow pot, a crazy old pushing a supermarket trolley around the place lady, a farmer and many other eccentric characters. What works is that there will be many incidents where one character will recount what happened through their review of a product, then a few review entries later another character that was there will mention the same incident with a different point of view of who was in the right and who was in the wrong. Sort of like in real life someone will go on a date with someone and tell you how great it was, how the other person was so into them, then you'll talk to the other person and they'll tell you they never want to see that person again and recount the same events in a negative manner. This book has already spawned a sequel which is not in this collection.

My favourite was the second novella Office Idiot Reviews. Hogsbottom Plugs is a small company whose workers are all stereotypes of personalities you find in any corporate environment and where the eccentric metre has been increased. You've got the boss who doesn't really know what he's doing and thinks his young secretary sees him in a different light to which she does. She's also got an office stalker and is the fantasy of many other male workers. You've got the dim-witted son of the boss' mistress who only eats bananas and is obsessed with Westlife and the Jackson Five, but not individually. You've got the old lady whose been there for generations before the current boss took over who thinks she knows more than everyone else and has a scheme to get money from the company. A janitor who is getting fed up with someone leaving a giant present for him to dispose of every day in the female toilets, a WH&S guy who doesn't know his job and some seagulls who, well you best read to find out their contribution.

The final book Idiot Government Reviews start at 70% of this box set, so it is a little bit shorter than the first two. Although it still had its moments, I wouldn't say it was a good as the first two either nor as memorable. Possibly as it was a little predictable due to the character traits, and there weren't as many characters (or reviewers of products) as in the other books. The fact it's about politicians also means it's a bit limited to where it can go humour wise too I guess. But as I said it has its moments, like a politician who got caught drying himself down below with a hairdryer by the paparazzi, or the paper airplane attack by one who has a seat in parliament outside of the camera's eye. Amazon products bought and reviewed are to help them through the day, to embarrass their enemies or with their political ambitions.
on May 13, 2013
I enjoyed this book immensely. If you've ever laughed at some of the reviews on Amazon, you'll love this. Lots of wacky humor presented in a unique way and it they are linked in a way that tells a story. I had gotten the first book and liked it so much I got the set. Beware poop will be involved with some winky jokes. A note to the author..... I'm a ginger and in the US we are cool!! Lol. Angela
on April 15, 2013
Great set!

I brought these books as singles. It's a fantastic set. original and funny.

Government

I'm not an overly political person, however, after reading the other idiot review books I had to get this. I must say i wasn't disappointed. Just as funny as the others and completely original and stand alone. A really good satirical book.

Office

I've worked in offices and the author is right, there are certain types of people that you can spot. this book pokes fun at the strange people that somehow manage to charge for their labour. It's also very funny, I would recommend to anyone wanting a laugh.

Village

This book is a great read, filled with laugh out moments!! The different reviews,funny as stand alone stories, come together as you realise the different characters are intertwined in very amusing ways.....
VINE VOICEon December 5, 2013
Haven't finished this yet, but already laughing until I almost cried. It's hysterical, and the format makes it easy read in small, short chunks, so you can grab it when you need a quick laugh or mood lifted, then drop it and come back again later for more of the same.
on September 5, 2013
It's okay. Not great, but not terrible. Good bathroom or coffee table read material if you buy the physical copy. Kindle version was extremely cheap, as in $1 when I got it, so pretty good deal there.
on November 22, 2013
I had another idea about this book when I bought it, I expected it to be a collection of anecdotes and curiosities for light reading. But it turned out to be more appropriate for sixth graders and their particular mindset. Most of what was supposed to be funny depended on an immature sense of humor. Of course, somebody else might find that quite OK.
on November 29, 2013
This was available for free through the Kindle store, so I picked it up. It's not bad. If you're looking for something to kill some time, and you can get this set for nothing, then you might as well.
on August 12, 2013
The books are good, however there are grammar issues. I let it go due to the fact that the book is designed to be similar to Amazon reviews and, as you know from reading reviews, grammar is not always the strong suit of the writer (myself included).

There are three books in this collection. The characters in the first book are interrelated to each other, those in the second are interrelated, and those in the third are interrelated. (POSSIBLE SPOILER BUT NOT REALLY!!!) With the exception of one crossover from the first book to the second book, the books themselves are standalone. If you are unaware of the cross over, it has no affect on the second book. There is no need to know who the character is.

The frist one is by far the best, the second one not as good, and the third one worse than that. Part of the issue for the third book, for me, might be the fact that I am American and not British, while these books are written by a British author. The thid book deals with government and I am not familiar with the British style government (Tory's, Conservatives, Labor Party, etc.) and as such, was a little more foreign to me.

Personally, I say read the first book and skip the other two.
on April 30, 2013
The Complete Idiot Reviews box set is a must have for anyone who likes to have a good laugh. The author took an extremely original approach to the books, which are each written in the form of compiled Amazon reviews written by different characters. The first book is of village idiots, the second of office idiots, and the third about government. The author took a unique and fresh approach to each book that will keep you entertained and wanting more. Such a creative series, unlike anything I have read before, and it is definitely a series that I recommend to anyone with a sense of humor. Can't wait to see what else this author comes up with!