Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Learn more

The 411 by Maria:
I seriously love this book. It is the first Idiot's Guide that I have read in about 12 years. The layout is exactly what I adore most about The Complete Idiot's Guide books. Very simple layout. Brass facts without a whole lot of jargon. Give it to me like it is, don't sugar coat it. I have no time to read pages of nonsense.
The book includes:

A system for calculating a calorie budget based on current weight, activity levels, and weight-loss goals.
Ideas on how to keep track of calories consumed and estimate calorie content of meals on the go.
Two weeks of meal plans for each calorie level (1300 - 1800 calorie days) starting with breakfast going to dinner and including 2 snacks.
Eating schedules to keep people feeling full and satisfied between meals.
Recipes for 200, 300 and 400 calorie meals that taste great.

There wasn't a single meal plan that I wouldn't try.

The recipes are great too:
All in one egg breakfast, strawberry stuffed french toast, breakfast parfait, comforting couscous, Sicilian chicken soup, crunchy tuna pockets, spicy beef satays, Korean wraps, Moroccan chicken medley, just to name a few.
on November 18, 2012
I purchased this book in September as a starting place to begin a healthier life style. The calorie in-take formula in the beginning of the book helped me choose a diet plan and the meal suggestions were clear examples of how to plan a daily/weekly menu. I have tried several recipes out the book including smoothies, soups, chicken dishes, snacks, and desserts. My family loves the Chicken Picatta and I'm a big fan of the Pumpkin custard cups. Sticking to this plan was easy with the variety of meal and snack suggestions. In a two month period I have lost 35 pounds and I do not feel like I'm missing any foods from my diet. If you are looking for the right way to start making healthier changes then this book can help you.
on November 15, 2012
This Book is just the perfect item needed to lose weight~stick to a portion size~maintain and actually cook. No items are hard to find and the recipes are easy to prepare. ..the ingredients are real whole foods-not all the fat free & sugar free foods you find in a lot of Diet books .Great book for any one
on January 22, 2013
This book is great for those who are looking for quick, easy meals that pack a low calorie punch! The cooking skills required for most of these recipes are VERY basic. My 11 year old daughter has been able to handle all of the recipes we have tried.

The great thing about this book is that it does not require a lot of exotic ingredients. There are SO many recipes that I can make with ingredients that I already have in my pantry or freezer.

A great addition to your cookbook shelf!
on December 6, 2012
After being involved in a study back in the 70's promoting frequent small meals for maintaining weight, I was convinced...and I've been eating this way for 30 years. But, it's easy to run out of meal ideas when you're eating six times a day...until I found this book! I love that it contains simple (and quick) recipes using REAL food. And, if your family doesn't share your idea of small, frequent meals...no worries! You can easily change the portion sizes for them! These recipes are tasty enough for everyone!
on May 24, 2013
The recipes in this book are quick & easy! They don't require a lot of ingredients that you will never use again. So far what I have made had been quite tasty, I would recommend it to anyone who needs some ideas for new stuff to eat and you don't want to spend a lot of money or time making your food!
on February 28, 2014
I've started a new diet program and I needed to get some recipe ideas for very low calorie meals. I found this book at the library and loved it. Thank you for sending it so quickly and in brand new condition. It came on time, faster than I expected actually. This is a product and seller I would totally recommend.
on January 31, 2013
This is a great book if you want to eat a specific amount of calories per day and are looking for a fast way to have access to nutritious meals. The book starts with a nice description of what is nutritious and what groceries you should have in your kitchen. The book provides sample meal plans. The recipes are easy to make and I love that they have the serving size. The calories are listed and a breakdown of their nutritional value. Best of all there are tons of recipes and the back of the book has a handy index. The only thing I would like to see added to the book is graphic pictures of the finished recipe.The Complete Idiot's Guide to 200-300-400 Calorie Meals
on July 27, 2014
This book helped jump start my weight loss goals. They give a brief, yet informative description of what to eat when & why. Included is references to web sites which can explain further the types of food a person should eat. Then the book is full of delicious recipes with all the nutrition information & even a few meal plans.
on July 9, 2013
I thought it would be better than it was. I did look inside, but I guess it showed more promise than it really was. One of the few books I regret buying.