Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

67%
33%
Format: Paperback|Change

on September 8, 2008
I have had no previous experience before and my knowledge of how to go about detoxing was slim to none. I have to say this book was wonderful. If you need to know why then read it from cover to cover but you know why to detoxify and that is why you bought this book, go to chapter 9 and get started. Shopping list with options is there and follow the suggested daily menus and it works! I lost 8 pounds and feel great even though I slipped on a couple of meal!
on January 7, 2013
I followed the program in this book last year, and am doing it again this year. I'm going to try and make it an annual thing.

The book outlines a 5 week detox program where you cut out certain foods each week, until you are only eating vegetables, fruits, lean proteins, unrefined non-gluten grains, and seeds. The third week involves a 2 day 'fast' where you eat very little. I wasn't able to follow it exactly last year, but I'm going to try and do at least a one day fast this year. Even if you don't follow the program exactly, you will reap the benefits. The hardest part for me is no dairy or alcohol after the second week. Warning: you will feel kind of crappy at first while you fight off food cravings and the toxins begin to release into your bloodstream from being stored in your fat cells. But by the third week you start feeling pretty good! And it will help you get in the habit of better eating that you will want to continue even after the program is finished.

I only gave this 4 stars because I wish that it gave better explanations for some of the more obscure food restrictions- like why shouldn't you have nuts after the first week? And some of the other topics covered are only given brief reviews. However, since this is a beginner's guide book, it does serve its purpose. It also includes meal plans and some recipes for every day of the 5 weeks. I didn't follow them, rather created my own meals instead, but it is helpful if you need a more guided approach.
on November 3, 2014
NEVER USED BOOK. SORRY WANT IT BACK?