Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on May 25, 2009
Sometimes books on vegetable gardening look useful, but when you get into them, it just seems too complicated and hard to do what the author suggests. This isn't the case with this book. It's interesting to read, and provides lots of alternative ways to create your garden, from creating city gardens to suburban spaces to really getting serious if you live in the country.

And there are sections like "let us grow lettuce" and "squish squash" that capture the tone of the writing. I mean useful information doesn't have to be written in a dry and boring fashion. And the different vegetables the book describes and how to make them part of your garden motivates me to want to try things I never would have considered, like sweet potatoes, horseradish, and cardoons, a kind of artichoke.

The complete idiot's guide series isn't really written for idiots, but the books are written for beginners who want to learn how to do something like planting their own vegetable garden and actually getting the harvest they hoped for. I am convinced from my reading of this book that it will more than deliver on that promise.

This is a fun and really useful book.
on January 30, 2010
This is full of interesting information written in a easy to read manner. However a lot of the sections could really do with relevant diagrams. Like the description of garden designs are only textual, they would be a lot more meaningful with a simple diagram.
I'm still happy with the book though.
on September 7, 2012
I found this book to be very encouraging for me due to the fact that I do not have a green thumb. This book has helped me to begin a very I must say very small garden that at theis moment is growing very healthy.
on June 7, 2012
Very nice book and timely delivery, just as seller discribed, would buy from again.This book has lots of information on setting up, growing, maintaining and harvesting your veggies.
on May 14, 2012
great book, great quality, fast shipping. must what i was looking for! now i think i will be able to figure out how to make something besides weeds to grow
i have gardened for years but found so much helpful info in this book. It is full of great ideas.
on August 3, 2014
good general information, great for starting up a garden, but doesn't go into too much details.
on October 18, 2014
Not a serious book about gardening.
on August 20, 2015