Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Meeting & Event Planning, 2ndEdition
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on November 2, 2003
This is a comprehensive introductory book for anyone starting out in the meeting planning industry. The title is a bit misleading (Meeting AND Event Planning) as there is very little information on event planning itself - about 10 pages. The event planning section mostly concentrates on the events that would be part of a meeting (golf tournament, fundraiser, final night gala, etc.) but doesn't go into great detail. There are, however, concepts and information presented about meeting planning (checklists, timelines, vendors etc.) that can be easily transferred to the event planning process.
If meeting planning has recently become part of your job responsibilities, this guide will help you understand the basics. If you are looking for information about becoming an independent meeting planner or event planner (i.e.: getting clients, starting your company) you might need to continue looking for other resources.
Overall the book is well written, has plenty of examples and explains the underlying concepts to organizing a meeting.
on January 9, 2002
I think this is the best guide for event and meeting planners. there is a lot of source references (especially internet sources available for professional event planners or prospective event planners) It is fun and easy to follow. Everything is clearly explained. There is not too many jargon words used.
I am yet in the middle of the book and I can't wait to see the later parts of it. I am getting all the necessary information I need.
on February 19, 2008
This book is the assigned reading for the Event Planning certification course I'm taking. It's great, very concise and to-the-point. Lots of realistic resources and handy tips.
on August 24, 2006
This has been a really great book and has been a huge help in getting started in event planning. I've planned six events now, and this book is helping me understand some of the processes better and help me better hone my skills. Definitely recommended!
on May 11, 2010
I found this to be an easy-to-follow guide with up-to-date information. It contains information that covers a wide range of events, from formal to casual. I had to use this for a class, and after this class it will be a great reference tool--even out of the business arena!
on January 7, 2008
I first located this book from the library. I ended up checking it out for an additional few weeks. It was so full of useful information, I decided I needed to add it to my arsenal of information for repeated use.
on May 26, 2009
Just what I needed to help get started on my new business.Lots of great information.
on March 9, 2013
I was Assigned to plann a LARGE program meeting in a hotel away from the company facility. This book was a great help in understading the "jargo" of hotels/cartering and booking staffs!
on October 13, 2014
I love this book simple to the point with great logic!
on September 10, 2014