Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Tap Giveaway Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Subscribe & Save Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer TL256 TL256 TL256  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now Learn more

on April 8, 2012
For almost all nature photographers, Graduated Neutral Density (GND) and Neutral Density (ND) filters are must. The former helps to bring out the drama of sky and contours of clouds, while later helps in pressing down the exposure of a over exposed scene that your camera can not handle (eg. Milky Water). The word "Neutral" means that the filter should not add any color cast and will only help to reduce the exposure.

There are some good filters available in market - Lee, Ray-Singh, B+W, Cokin are all good. But they are costly. The price makes them truly color "neutral" filters. This product however is not truly neutral. It adds a magenta cast, but that is a minor issue that I discount for the low price. Such color cast can easily be removed in PhotoShop or similar photo editing tools.

I am happy with the purchase. Apart from the glasses, the cases are made of good material, and each glass is individually wrapped that shows the care behind selling this product.

Be careful, when you take out the filter from plastic wraps, if the glue sticks to the glass, you may have hard time to get rid of it. Some reviewed already cautioned about this fact, and I am thankful to him, since I took care of this during unwrapping my filters.
Sometimes in photography you really just have to shell out for expensive gear to push the envelope. Other times, you simply do not. This product represents one of those times in which you do not have to shell out hundreds of dollars to meet your needs.

I am not a landscape shooter, which is a key application for this product. Therefore, when I started searching for ND Filters I was prepared to shell out hundreds for more expensive versions. I stopped myself (it has taken me years to learn to do this) and began researching less expensive options that would meet my needs, especially since my use of ND filters would be intermittent (I am not Moose Peterson if you get my drift). Every time I researched the alternative, I was led to these filters.In fact, I had a few local pros nearby who heavily relied on this product they purchased through Amazon as well.

Are Goja filters over-rated? Possibly, because they are in WIDE USE! These filters appear to be high quality resin (not glass). They do not scratch easily and they fit perfectly in the Cokin P Series holder. They will not fall out. I did not experience any color cast except for a mild tint when stacking, which I easily corrected in post processing.

If I was a fine art landscape photographer, I would potentially invest in ND filters costing hundreds of dollars. However, we are talking a minor quality output increase and IQ between ND filters costing hundreds and this version. If anything, I would just step up to the Coking ND's, which are more reasonable. But, many shooters are simply not shooting at that level in which they will notice the difference. A lot of this could change with the recent surge in megapixels, such as with the D800.
on October 9, 2012
I purchased these figuring they were cheap enough to see if I like the Cokin system. While the Cokin circular polarizer has been a great tool for my DSLR videography, these filters have not been. I bought them figuring I could handle some image softening, since I almost exclusively use DSLRs for video and the resolution is much less than the still images... but even in the LCD screen, I can see significant softening of the image, even more when the image is seen in post.

I like the idea of the Cokin system, but these filters are worthless. Buy them to try the system out, but don't use them for any important work.
on April 11, 2012
I'm new to the world of ND filters, and only have had enough time to get off a few test shots this morning (only received this set yesterday evening), but so far, I'm very pleased.

In addition to the extremely high cost of the well known brand filters, those also appear to be in very short supply these days. Even if they were easier to come by, as someone who is not very well versed in the use of filters, and especially ND filters, I would hesitate to spend so much on a set of filters. These are priced just right for me.

A previous reviewer mentioned the glue from the wrappers possibly coming off on the filters unless removed with care. I appreciated the heads up, but found that it wasn't difficult to remove the wrappers, and I merely held the closure flap back behind the envelope, and the filters came out just fine.

I can't speak for the very high end filters, but I do have one or two Cokin filters in the house, and the quality of these appears to be equal to, or even better, and at a much cheaper price.

In addition, this was not my first order with Digital Goja, nor will it be my last. Shipping was lightening fast, items packaged properly and well, and exactly as described. Love the little microfiber cloths too. Perfect to carry in my camera bag.

Thank you Digital Goja!! I'm very pleased with this order.
on September 6, 2012
I learned about these filters from a professional photographer in Alaska who was also our guide for a Heli-hike...I had never heard of them before. But as soon as he let me use his I was sold. Love the fact that I don't have to screw and unscrew these like you do round ones.

I also ordered the pouch that you can carry them in...very very helpful
on December 17, 2012
It looks cheap, it feels cheap, and it is cheap stuff. Only a couple of plastic "glasses", and it is too easy to be scratched. It is true that it changes the image quality, in a bad way. Softness is the word to describe your photos, even you have a really sharp lens, like Canon 24LII.
on February 9, 2014
Ok this is a cheap set. A glass set or hight quality will mean more money. But this one is excellent if your just starting out in long exposures. A couple of things worth noting. Color casting on higher stops that can be corrected. Some of the graduated ND's are not a smooth transition. These are plastic and will get scratched.

I recommend these if your starting out and expiramenting..
on July 8, 2014
I purchased these ND filters to have available in my bag, I don't use ND filters often, and have since purchased a set of screw on filters, the Cokin graduated ND filters are not the industry best but they do render wonderful results, and after all isn't that all we are looking for.
on March 2, 2014
When I started to experiment with ND filters, I purchased a couple of the filters offered by Cokin. I liked the filter system and began searching for a similiar quality product at a more workable cost. In the past, I purchased other products from GOJA and was very satisfied, so I thought that I would take advantage of the ND set. Very happy with the product, which is very compatible with the Cokin filter/holder which I had already purchased. The filter material appears to be very sturdy and does not seem to scratch very easily. Very quick delivery.
on December 23, 2014
There is noticeable image degradation when you overlay filters but for the cost, I can't complain too much. I've used these primarily to create time-laps videos for the web and so that loss in quality isn't such a big issue.