5.0 out of 5 stars Too bad this wasn't published earlier!
When my first child was born in early 2005, I spent months researching information about organic food, plastic toys and bottles, cloth diapers, etc. Now that I'm expecting my 2nd, I'm pleased to find that basically everything I painstakingly researched earlier is now available in one well-written book. In fact, I think the advice outlined in this book is not only...
Published on May 14, 2007 by Kitrino

2.0 out of 5 stars Expected more information
I received the book yesterday and am more than halfway through the book. I was expecting a book with a lot of information on the different kinds of foods and what pollutants are commonly found on them and practical ways to deal with it (in addition to buying organic). And the same for household cleaners and pollutants in the house. I am dissapointed in the book.
I...
Published on March 12, 2008 by skd

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are thinking about getting pregnant, you need this book, October 23, 2006
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
I am not a hippie, but I care about making sure my baby is the safest it can be. This book taught me how. The authors really thought of everything--from what you should eat to what you should wear. There was so much information that I would never have been able to find anywhere else. A great book.

5.0 out of 5 stars changed my life., October 22, 2012
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
I bought this book for my first child, and it changed my lifestyle. I bought glass bottles, cloth diapers, avoided plastic etc. I had two natural births with no epidurals and breastfed both!

I am glad to say that my kids are the most healthiest and happiest babies ever!

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE, August 19, 2012
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
This book has been a great resource in organic pregnancy. They even give websites and advice on where to shop for certain things. They don't speak over your head either, which I like. It is an easy read. Most def recommend!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's good if you are clueless when it comes to Organic eating., August 8, 2011
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
If you feel like you need some help eating organic, even if you aren't pregnant this is a decent book. It gives some good online resources, and lays it out pretty well. I felt like there was a lot of fluff in it, I would have prefered a nice blueprint/outline that just gave me a checklist of what to do. I do better when you make it simple and this book doesn't really make it simple. It's ok. Would I buy it for full price? Never.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, January 7, 2011
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
This was a very informative book. If you are a concerned mother-to-be, I would certainly check this book out. It's also a great idea to read prior to pregnancy.

5.0 out of 5 stars i liked it!, March 9, 2007
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
this was a great book to read to get into the right mode while trying to get pregnant. it has some things that freaked me out, like plastic being carcinogenic, and how we should stay away from it. but it also mentioned that you can do little things and still make your body more healthy for your baby. it has a lot of useful information that you can or cannot use. i think i will keep it around for a reference book, even after i have a kid.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clueless no more, October 17, 2006
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
My husband and I are thinking about getting pregnant soon. We often talk about how it just seems so daunting to bring a baby into this increasinly toxic world of ours. This book has helped alleviate so many of our concerns. I can't believe how easy the authors make it for us to be able to make the smallest changes that have such a huge impact in our lives. It's such a complete resource for how we can do everything in our powers to not only ensure a safe pregnancy for our baby, but also to improve our own lifestyles in a toxic world.

The real life diary entries were wonderful and it added to the real voices of these two women. I love the fact that they don't present all this information to us in a preachy, righteous kind of way. They are really convicted in what they write and inform us about and I believe they have easily made their lives more organic.

I fee like this will now be my pregnancy bible. Thank you Deirdre and Alexandra!

2.0 out of 5 stars Bring on the Stress., May 3, 2009
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
You will never even want to have a baby after reading this book; you'll be too afraid of what you are doing to the child! I got this book just entering the 2nd trimester, and the first few sections are about what to do before you even think about having a baby! I felt so far behind and panicked right away. A book shouldn't frighten pregnant ladies.

I think there should be a very big disclaimer about doing what will work for you in your life; unless you already have a completely organic mattress, drink the right kind of water (the book bewares of bottled water AND tap water... ), and have endless funds. I already had my toenails polished when I started reading the book, and then freaked out. How does one take OFF the poison color that is no doubt hurting my child within?

My husband and I strive to be more natural in many ways; we're using cloth diapers and wipes, we're making our own baby food from our own vegetable garden... so I thought this would be a great book; but it was too extreme and impractical for me. I gave it to my birth doula who isn't even thinking about having kids for years, and told her she better get started if she plans on following these suggestions.

2.0 out of 5 stars scare tactic book, January 29, 2010
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
I was truely dissapointed with this book. I really thought I was going to get an informative book written for the average 'green' person and unfortunatly all I got was a scare tactic book that told me to live in a bubble cause everything is bad. There's a lot of good info i.e. the chemicals used in everything and what disease they have been linked to, nutrition guides and recipes, but the book was written as if nothing is good for you and I mean NOTHING! The book would've been better to read if it was written from a positive point of view trying to help people understand the issues with this or that chemical or the importance of local produce and the sence of sustainability but instead I felt like it was some rich person telling me that I'm killing my baby if I drink from a plastic bottle. Like I said, the information in the book is great, but it's written very poorly. To throw it back at the author I would ask why the book was not written on 100% post consumer recycled paper with soy based ink?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great info, November 19, 2013
This review is from: The Complete Organic Pregnancy (Paperback)
A wonderful read. I have passed this on to my friends. Important for all pregnant women to be aware that the environment you are in when pregnant can truly make a difference to the health of your baby.

The Complete Organic Pregnancy
The Complete Organic Pregnancy by Deirdre Dolan (Paperback - September 26, 2006)
$16.99 $13.26