Published 21 months ago by TeaTega03

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome while it worked
Published 17 months ago by Dabbley doo

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars Awesome while it worked, February 3, 2013
This review is from: HAAN MS-35R Complete Professional Steam Sanitizer for Multipurpose Cleaning (Misc.)
Don't buy this. It was discontinued for a reason. Mine worked for many months, but now I can't even turn the dang cap to refill it with water. Seriously? It's so temperamental and requires only distilled water. Towards the last few months I had to use a solution of about 1/4 cup of vinegar to one cup distilled water, to ensure that it would properly function. And now, I can't even do that. The product is substandard. For the price, it ought to last at least a year. Sad.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful machine! Miles ahead of comparable and like-priced products., September 29, 2012
If you're unsure about an all-home steam system please please please do not shy away!! After using an all-home steam system, and in particular the HAAN, for so long I can say with absolute certainty that it would be close to impossible to go back to regular chemical cleaning. There are so many health and financial benefits. 1) you're not exposing your family to harmful toxins and residues, 2) you're not having to buy cleaners anymore, and 3) you're home will smell fresher and feeeeeel cleaner!! Seeing the dirt, grime, and grease melt away from door handles, stove tops, etc., is amazing, mostly because there's so much built up residue from other cleaners and we don't even realize it! When I first got it I had to clean my house twice with the HAAN before cutting through all the leftover residue on my floors and appliances just from the old cleaners. It was so satisfying to know my house was finally, really, and truly clean :) .

I have owned the HAAN MS-30 for over three years. I LOVE this machine! It's capable of cleaning almost anything; the flexible hose allows for great manueverability around all types of fixtures, the changeable accessories give you everything you need to clean every type of surface, and the large capacity tank allows you to get it done with minimal refills. My sister in-law has a Shark Lift-Away Pro wand type steamer, and while I think it's handy I really enjoy having the HAAN's capability to clean every surface (counters, all appliances, sinks, tubs, windows, mirrors, grout, draperies ...), not just the floors. Also, the HAAN doesn't seem to waste steam as much as other brands I've tried. Other brands seem to spray steam in every direction and with very little pressure, but the HAAN directs it's steam in a focused way with high pressure which makes cleaning much easier and faster.

When I bought the HAAN I read reviews upon reviews and many people seemed to have a concern with the durability and workmanship of HAAN products. Because of that I've tried to take care and be as gentle as possible when changing out accessories and extensions. Despite that, the orange locking buttons between the extension poles all broke off within the first year. After two more years of use I've not had any problems, as the extension poles naturally stay together with their locking grooves and downward pressure as I mop; it seems the orange locking buttons are more for peace of mind then anything else.

After three years of almost daily and rigorous use my HAAN is finally ready for replacement. I 'WITHOUT HESITATION' would buy it again, but I've also considered one other steam system, the Vapamore MR-100. It feels slightly more durable than the HAAN with very comparable accessories and capabilities, it has a great warranty and reviews. The only problem I have with the Vapamore is that it's DOUBLE the price of the HAAN. If you're able to afford more I'd definently suggest looking into the Vapamore. However, if you're like me and trying to choose between the Shark or other similar steam mops HAAN is DEFINENELTY the way to go, NO QUESTION!! HAAN is miles ahead of the rest as far as capability and ease of cleaning. When that day comes there are really only two choices when it comes to all-home cleaning, the HAAN MS-30 or Vapamore MR-100, and really, the outcome is only in regards to the amount of money I've saved to go towards either.

1.0 out of 5 stars horrid item, November 28, 2012
Unfortunately this item is far BELOW Amazon standards. Haan needs to go back to the drawing board for this one. The overall concept is wonderful, however the product (2) of them failed after using it only once. Yes, I followed the directions to a "T". Such a poor quality item. Buyer beware!!!
I would give it minus stars, but the system insists on at least one.

1.0 out of 5 stars steamer, January 9, 2013
This was a replacement for the same product. The first one the steame would not come out. Something wrong with the valve I think. The replacement arrived very quickly and the new unit works great

Follow Up. The replacement unit has failed in the same manner as the first. I would strongly suggest not buying this product. I took the unit apart and found that the quality is poor. I believe the steam hose is made from a material that will not hold up to the heat of the steam. I threw mine in the trash and would not buy anything from this Haan company again. A real piece of junk. I would give less than one star if possible.

1.0 out of 5 stars Be very afraid, December 13, 2012
Love the machine and the attachments but the power switch worked only once. Now a bad power switch can be forgiven so in my case and I do not recomend this to anyone I hot wired the power switch so that you had to unplug it to turn it off. Then a few days later the solid state overtemp protection device failed open which shut it down completely. To replace the part from a supplier would cost $338.00 because they do not sell them in lots less than 1100 at a time. A very well thought out machine but the parts it is made from are very substandard (laughable) Should have returned it. There is nothing professional about the machine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cleaner Ever, August 3, 2012
I have both the stand up mop & this unit & this unit cleans beautifully & much better than the stand up mop. I takes a little longer to heat up, but it takes much more water, so I will put it on & go do something else for a few minutes & it's ready when I come back. It is worth reading the directions. I have had no problem with it until I loaned it to an impatient friend & guess what, it came back broken. I had had it for almost 2 years with no problem. So, if you get it, read the directions & be a little patient.

1.0 out of 5 stars I never write reviews . . . ., March 3, 2013
However, I consider it to be my civic duty, in this case. This is, by far, the worst item I've ever bought from Amazon. (In Amazon's defense, they refunded every penny, including S&H.). I had read negative reviews of this item and bought it anyway, as I'm usually lucky, and treat appliances with care. All I have to say about this steamer I can say in one (maybe two) sentences. It works well when it works. It's just getting it to work that's the problem. As stated above, I treat my appliances and gadgets with care. There was no reason in the world for the "start" button to stop working the SECOND time I tried to use it!!!! To say that this item is poorly constructed is an understatement. I have now purchased a much pricier steamer, different brand. In this case, you get what you pay for.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great, January 8, 2013
Hope Reinman (Red Bank, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I was excited by some of the other reviews that I had read. I really wanted something to clean my carpets better than the rental cleaner I have been using. I should have realized that having suction is important when cleaning a carpet! I tried steaming/sterilizing the floor mats from my car, using my shop vac to take up the excess water, but they were exactly the same and did not smell any better. I then tried to clean the grout in my bathroom and the little attachment broke off in the hose...oh well, kind of a pain..I wouldn't recommend it, especially if you are not one to call customer service and return things that don't work.

1.0 out of 5 stars do not get, June 20, 2012
I have had two of these pieces of crap. Both malfunctioned within a week, and were sent back to Amazon. The machine does great when u can turn it on.

3.0 out of 5 stars Worked great while it worked, October 23, 2013
My wife loved this steamer, however the excitement only lasted 3 days. Day 1 the on button would not stay on. Day 3 the steamer turned on however it did not warm up the water.
Pros: Multi-attachments, used on 4 yr old tile grout and it looked like new again, was able to remove nail polish from stained tile siting 4 yrs with a breeze, also used to remove any other dirt and grim and required very little effort.
Cons: Day 1, the button would not turn on, however once you found a trick and made multiple attempts, it would stay on. Was only able to use 3 days before it no longer created steam with container full and power running.
Summary: I think this would have been a great steamer. I ultimately ignored the negative reviews (seeing how most people post negative things vs happy buyer not posting positive results), but ultimately it was a faulty product. Since it was so new, HAAN is replacing it with their newest model. I called HAAN 1st and they happily agreed to send me a newer one, once I mailed mine in. HAAN had great customer service employees. At this point I am giving it a 3 star because of the good customer service, and 1 star for this model quality. Did not call seller to replace since HAAN handled it. This item is also a discontinued item, explaining why it is at a discount.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›