All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99

Format: Paperback|Change

on December 13, 2010
I got this book so I could see how Tim Mulqueen trains his keepers and to see how the US National Team works. I was lucky enough to watch Tim conduct practices while he was with the Kansas City Wizards. The book is very informative and gets into a depth of understanding how and why of goalkeeping. I think it is a good training tool for those coaches who are more advanced in goalkeeper training than beginners. Technique and Tactics are a strength from Tim. I have coached goalkeepers for over 20 years and I run the National Goalkeeper Academy so when I say this book is a great addition to my videos and books on goalkeeping it is coming from experience. This book reminded me of some of the things we forget to do with our keepers. Great job Tim.
on April 20, 2011
Excellently written. Very clear guidance. Great diagrams of various drills and techniques. Good for beginning or advanced keeper coaches. Good balance between youth keepers and more advanced high school or collegiate keepers.

Easily one of those go-to references that I will go back and review every one or two years to refresh the mind on updated drills, bad habits, how to keep training from getting too stale or repetitive, etc. I'm not normally a reader (prefer videos and clinics) but I knocked this one out in about a week because it held my interest so well.
on December 31, 2010
Very good book. i have purchased a lot of GK books and to be fair this is the best yet. Very good
on November 14, 2010
I purchased this book for my 14 year old son who is a goalkeeper. I gave it to his coach & it has been a great source of knowledge for their team. It really has helped my son improve his skills.
on April 13, 2014
There were a lot of basics that anyone serious about goalkeeping would already know, but I suppose that's necessary to set the foundation. My son has found the chapters about drills and the psychology of keeping particularly helpful. Reading the book has given him new motivation and increased confidence in his position.
on December 8, 2010
This is a phenomenal introduction and tactic book recommended for all goalkeepers. It is easy to follow, detailing several important fundamentals of goal keeping. There are several dozen practices that help you develop the skills and think in the mindset of today's best players. In depth and detailed, it covers practice drills, exercises, and comprehensive techniques to bring your keepers skills to the next level. From the mindset to be a successful keeper, to the relationship of coach and keeper, this book lays out the groundwork to become successful at a very difficult position. It explains the methods to guard the net and has input from one of the world most elite goalies, Tim Howard. Highly recommend this book for all players and coaches involved in bringing talent and skill to the next league!!!
on November 14, 2010
This book is filled with excellent exercises and drills. I found it easy and entertaining to read. It is well organized I have used some of the exercises in this book coaching my 12 year old's team gk. My oldest (18 years) has found the drills and fitness info very useful.
on January 8, 2011
Best book I have read for soccer players & goalkeepers. Very informative, excellent drills, and great for players of all ages. I highly recommend this book!
on November 19, 2010
This book is very informative for coaches and goalkeepers alike. It covers all levels of goalkeeping instruction with many useful diagrams. Mulqueen's book is an easy read, and the drills and exercises he has included are excellent. It is a great resource that you can keep going back to.
on November 10, 2015
Ive now read through it and would recommend it. Bought it for my son, I think it was too wordy for him even though he is an avid reader

My only negative is that there could be more drills and explanation for the novice goalkeeper

Review by Dad - Son is 9 years old

Wanted to give it 4 stars because in my particular case it didn't meet all my needs, however the description clearly indicated what it was about and it met those needs