From the Back Cover
The only book you need to understand and treat your thyroid condition
The Complete Thyroid Book combines the expertise of the perfect team, both pioneers in thyroid disease--renowned thyroid specialist Kenneth Ain, M.D., and bestselling thyroid author and thyroid patient M. Sara Rosenthal. Together, they provide you with all the information you need to understand your thyroid disorder, treatment, and options, in language you can understand.
Covering both state-of-the-art and standard-of-care treatments for every thyroid condition imaginable, this comprehensive resource gives you vital information on:
--This text refers to an out of print or unavailable edition of this title.
- The basics--what the thyroid does and how it works
- Thyroid tests, scans, medication, and treatments
- Hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, and thyroid hormone
- Autoimmune thyroid disease and thyroid eye disease
- Thyroid nodules, goiter, and thyroid cancer
- Thyroid disease in pregnancy and menopause and among seniors, infants, and children
- Thyroid disease and obesity, heart disease, fatigue, and mental health
- Nutrition and complementary therapies
About the Author
Kenneth Ain, M.D.
, is a professor of medicine and director of the Thyroid Oncology Program, University of Kentucky. He is also director of the Thyroid Cancer Research Laboratory at the VA Medical Center in Lexington, Kentucky. He founded and moderates the thyroid cancer patient education Yahoo group thyroidcancerhelp.
M. Sara Rosenthal, Ph.D., is an associate professor of bioethics, University of Kentucky College of Medicine, and director of the University of Kentucky Program for Bioethics. Dr. Rosenthal has written more than thirty health books, including several on thyroid disease.