5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy--More awesome in Blu-ray
Published on June 27, 2010 by hopsue_303

1.0 out of 5 stars DVD Review
I could not play the movies? They stated due to regulations they could not be played in my area? I did a little research and I guess depending on where the DVD's were made or being sold, you can not play them in the United States. I would hope that an international retailer would know to not send me unviewable movies.
Published 2 months ago by Jeff Lewis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Trilogy--More awesome in Blu-ray, June 27, 2010
hopsue_303 (Champaign, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Complete Matrix Trilogy (The Matrix / The Matrix Reloaded / The Matrix Revolutions) [Blu-ray] (Blu-ray)
This is a great trilogy for Matrix fans made more fabulous in Blu-ray. I debated between the Complete Trilogy and the Ultimate Trilogy and I am glad I didn't choose the Ultimate because while I really enjoy watching the movies, I am just not into all the background information and video game that is included in the 10 disc Ultimate. I would recommend the Complete Trilogy for the casual Matrix fan who just enjoy the movies and don't want to be overloaded with the details.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like the movies in this set...., March 8, 2010
but must admit I'm not a huge Matrix worshiper!! I bought this set for $21.30US, delivered from Amazon UK. It is an all region set. This set is perfect for me as "The Ultimate" would have been total overkill for a casual fan like myself. "Complete" has a light helping of extras.
The picture and sound on the blu-rays is incredible and will make a great addition to anyone's collection to be used as a demo for how great blu-ray sound and picture are.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Quality., May 28, 2007
I've had this set for a couple days now and have watched all three films. The picture quality is outstanding and the sound is too (though I thought the SD soundtrack was amazing too, not a discriminating ear). There are so many things I never really noticed in the original SD DVD releases. For instance in the second film when Morpheus is giving his speach at Zion. In the HD version you can see him spitting when he talks. I saw a parody of this scene at the MTV movie awards that year and didn't get it. I guess you had to of seen it at the theater.

Some other things is the skin imperfections some of the actors have. I don't care about that sort of thing, but thought it was really cool to see people the way they really are. Also, I think HD and BR are going to change the way makup is applied for films. You can definately see some lipstick and blush on the male actors in a couple scenes. To make a long review shorter, buy the Matrix in High Definition. Even if you have BR it's a matter of time before it's released there too. Pick it up! Don't let this become a format issue, review the quality of the movie. It's a big enough market for mulitple formats these days.

PS. This cheaper set comes with a free download of the Animatrix. So unless you want 10 hours of extras go with this cheaper set. Me, all I care about are the movies. I have the Lord of the Rings collectors sets and have never placed a bonus disc in my DVD player. Not the case for everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Amazing!, June 24, 2007
I assume you've already seen the Matrix, and probably love it, and this is the hands-down best version of the trilogy ever released. The quality is simply amazing, even a better remaster than some other HD-DVDs like Serenity. The colors are way more vibrant and the detail is incredible. During the famous lobby action scene I swear you can see every single scrap of tile, speck of dust and individual bullet. You will see details in the background you never knew were there. This is the Matrix at its finest.

As a test to the quality, I had the original widescreen DVD and this new HD-DVD playing back-to-back on my Samsung 32" LCD. Quickly switching back and forth between formats I could not believe the difference. In comparison, it made the original DVD look like a bootleg VHS copy. I kid you not. Some scenes on HD-DVD look so real its like you are staring out the window. If you don't yet have an HD-DVD player, this is a great first set to pick up with the player and a great movie to show off to friends how good HD-DVD really is.

As a note, I bought this version over the "Ultimate" collection for a few reasons. One being that the Animatrix on the Ultimate edition (along with all the other bonus content) is only in 480p. Since I already own the original Animatrix DVD, theres not much point. The Complete Trilogy still includes a decent amount of bonus features and you can get a free download of the Animatrix if you have an Xbox360. Also, the Complete version has nice looking disc art, while the Ultimate version has blank looking 2-sided discs. If you are the kind of fan that actually wants to watch 12-hours of behind the scenes footage, get the Ultimate. But if you are like me and just want to see the movies in HD then this version is just fine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get it again, June 11, 2007
If you own an HD DVD player its safe to assume that your into sharp images and clear powerful sounds. I own the original standard box set and like many, went ahead bought the HD version anyway. Well worth it.

The visual is incredible but for me the real difference is in the sound. Powerfull and crystal clear. I cant get enough of Trinity jumping out the building being chased by the Agent. Glass breaking and bullets flying are the perfect sound effects when listening to quality HD sound.

My opinion; HD is the better format right now. Blu-ray may have the most movies but HD has the better product.

5.0 out of 5 stars What HD-DVD was designed for!!!!, June 14, 2007
As the high definition wars wage on the argument goes back and forth as to the future of HD-DVD and Blu-Ray (watch everyone's jaw drop when a third format comes out of left field and ends up winning). For those of us who are fortunate to have HD-DVD players, the faithful day that we get a really great movie that was MADE for HD has come. The Matrix Trilogy is a great storyline that comes equipped with killer special effects and beautiful scenery. In the HD-DVD installment, the picture is so precise and crisp that I spent half the time I was watching it trying to take in background items I was never able to see on the DVD version.

The sound is incredible and with uncompressed Dolby, the opening explosion scene of Matrix: Reloaded had my non-tech buddies giving an impressed "wow". The encoding has almost no flaws (on the discs I recieved they all played all the way through without stalling once) and the occassional grain found in 1st generation HD-DVD and Blu-Ray is non-existent on this boxed set.

Xbox 360 owners even get a free standard definition download of Animatrix, making this set definitely worth the price.

If you own HD-DVD, it's because of movies like these. Purchasing this boxed set should be a no-brainer (although I would avoid the ultimate collection on HD as only the movies are in HD, just like this boxed set).

NOTE TO XBOX 360 OWNERS: Make sure to get your system online and download the spring 07 update for your system (if you haven't already; you'll now have a "Marketplace" blade if you have) as well as the HD-DVD update patch that should download automatically once you play a newer HD-DVD (the Matrix definitely qualifies).

4.0 out of 5 stars great seller, April 18, 2011
1 of the movies was too corrupt to watch but the seller was most gracious & polite about exchanging it with no problems...thank u

4.0 out of 5 stars Matrix, April 8, 2011
Did not receive what I thought was a set. It is just a collection of the Matrix movies and "Revolutions" is not in widescreen.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Definitive Matrix HD Set, June 14, 2007
Eric L. (New Jersey, USA) - See all my reviews
The Complete Matrix Trilogy is absolutely incredible and you get a free copy of The Animatrix if you have the Xbox 360 HD DVD player with Xbox Live access! This set already includes over 25 hours of extras and I feel there is no need to waste the extra cash on the Ultimate Matrix Collection unless you do not have The Animatrix and Xbox Live. Also you get to watch 'Enter The Matrix' (over 1 hr long) which are all the live action scenes from the videogame that shows what Narobi & Ghost were doing while Neo was battling his way thru The Matrix.

The picture quality of this HD DVD set is flawless and the first film (though 4 years older) blends in perectly with the final two Films. I know the Wachowski brothers are proud of this release! The In Movie Experience (picture in picture extras)is perfect and the Dolby TrueHD is astounding! Do yourself a favor and make this (along with Planet Earth -HD DVD) your first boxed set purchases on HD DVD. I was never that interested in Matrix Reloaded but now that the HD DVD picture has kept me glued to the screen, I've learned to appreciate the film and have watched it numerous times.

With your purchase, you can rest assured that Warner Brothers, with HD DVD, has delivered! You're going to absolutely love the picture quality and enjoy the sound when Neo takes on over 100+ Agent Smiths! Lastly you get a ton of commentaries from not only the actors, but philosphers such as Cornell West, and even critics that critized the film! The Complete Matrix Trilogy has tons of replay value from In Movie Experience to extras. If you own an HD DVD player buying this set is a must! It truly is the Look and Sound of PERFECT! Thank You Warner Bros.!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Keep it simple., March 2, 2013
This is nothing but just a Blu Ray trilogy. The picture is crystal clear and sounds amazing. I own all three of these movies on DVD but I had to get them on Blu Ray because I knew how amazing it would look. A lot of people complain about how they don't have access to special features but honestly who cares about those. I don't at least. Please get this product if you love the Matrix story line.

Rate and Discover Movies