Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Complete Matrix Trilogy (The Matrix / The Matrix Reloaded / The Matrix Revolutions) [Blu-ray]
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on June 27, 2010
This is a great trilogy for Matrix fans made more fabulous in Blu-ray. I debated between the Complete Trilogy and the Ultimate Trilogy and I am glad I didn't choose the Ultimate because while I really enjoy watching the movies, I am just not into all the background information and video game that is included in the 10 disc Ultimate. I would recommend the Complete Trilogy for the casual Matrix fan who just enjoy the movies and don't want to be overloaded with the details.
11 comment|163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 8, 2010
but must admit I'm not a huge Matrix worshiper!! I bought this set for $21.30US, delivered from Amazon UK. It is an all region set. This set is perfect for me as "The Ultimate" would have been total overkill for a casual fan like myself. "Complete" has a light helping of extras.
The picture and sound on the blu-rays is incredible and will make a great addition to anyone's collection to be used as a demo for how great blu-ray sound and picture are.
55 comments|74 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 28, 2007
I've had this set for a couple days now and have watched all three films. The picture quality is outstanding and the sound is too (though I thought the SD soundtrack was amazing too, not a discriminating ear). There are so many things I never really noticed in the original SD DVD releases. For instance in the second film when Morpheus is giving his speach at Zion. In the HD version you can see him spitting when he talks. I saw a parody of this scene at the MTV movie awards that year and didn't get it. I guess you had to of seen it at the theater.

Some other things is the skin imperfections some of the actors have. I don't care about that sort of thing, but thought it was really cool to see people the way they really are. Also, I think HD and BR are going to change the way makup is applied for films. You can definately see some lipstick and blush on the male actors in a couple scenes. To make a long review shorter, buy the Matrix in High Definition. Even if you have BR it's a matter of time before it's released there too. Pick it up! Don't let this become a format issue, review the quality of the movie. It's a big enough market for mulitple formats these days.

PS. This cheaper set comes with a free download of the Animatrix. So unless you want 10 hours of extras go with this cheaper set. Me, all I care about are the movies. I have the Lord of the Rings collectors sets and have never placed a bonus disc in my DVD player. Not the case for everyone.
33 comments|81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 2, 2015
This review is only about the bluray disc and the packaging as more recent reviews, raised quality concerns. Like others, I only want the movie. To avoid problems, I purchased it directly from Amazon, rather than from any of its partner sellers. I paid $10, free shipping on total order >$35.

The packaging is as pictured, all plastic with 3 disc mounts in the spine so you can turn it like a book, and just paper graphic inserts.

All discs played, the movies were quality bluray mastering in 2.40:1 aspect ratio, audio output selectable English 5.1or TrueHD, or multiple languages and subtitles. The discs were a movie each, with extras in 4: 3 format, I don't know what extras are included in the ultimate edition, but in total what's included ran a long time; for example in the The Matrix disc has 300min of extras, plus 5 commentary tracks that will require rewatching the movie 5x. The other discs had as long extras but just 2-3 commentaries.
on June 24, 2007
I assume you've already seen the Matrix, and probably love it, and this is the hands-down best version of the trilogy ever released. The quality is simply amazing, even a better remaster than some other HD-DVDs like Serenity. The colors are way more vibrant and the detail is incredible. During the famous lobby action scene I swear you can see every single scrap of tile, speck of dust and individual bullet. You will see details in the background you never knew were there. This is the Matrix at its finest.

As a test to the quality, I had the original widescreen DVD and this new HD-DVD playing back-to-back on my Samsung 32" LCD. Quickly switching back and forth between formats I could not believe the difference. In comparison, it made the original DVD look like a bootleg VHS copy. I kid you not. Some scenes on HD-DVD look so real its like you are staring out the window. If you don't yet have an HD-DVD player, this is a great first set to pick up with the player and a great movie to show off to friends how good HD-DVD really is.

As a note, I bought this version over the "Ultimate" collection for a few reasons. One being that the Animatrix on the Ultimate edition (along with all the other bonus content) is only in 480p. Since I already own the original Animatrix DVD, theres not much point. The Complete Trilogy still includes a decent amount of bonus features and you can get a free download of the Animatrix if you have an Xbox360. Also, the Complete version has nice looking disc art, while the Ultimate version has blank looking 2-sided discs. If you are the kind of fan that actually wants to watch 12-hours of behind the scenes footage, get the Ultimate. But if you are like me and just want to see the movies in HD then this version is just fine.
on March 2, 2013
This is nothing but just a Blu Ray trilogy. The picture is crystal clear and sounds amazing. I own all three of these movies on DVD but I had to get them on Blu Ray because I knew how amazing it would look. A lot of people complain about how they don't have access to special features but honestly who cares about those. I don't at least. Please get this product if you love the Matrix story line.
on August 9, 2015
We absolutely love our Matrix Collection! All the DVD's and the cases were in excellent condition. We've been wanting all three of these for a long time.
There's a lot of Bonus features including the freeway scene and how they make and generate special effect. I'm Hoping that they will make another Matrix.
Our package arrived so quick and it was very well boxed and protected.
review image
on November 29, 2011
The movies were awesome on the big screen but only OK on DVD. I picked this up after upgrading to blu-ray in the living room. I love to quality of the video the blu-ray offers versus the DVD version.
on March 20, 2015
This is one of my all time favorite trilogies and having it in the Blu-ray format makes it even better. I like a lot of behind the scenes stuff but the main factors that attract me to certain movies are visuals, sound fx and music score. I believe the better your TV and sound system, the better you will enjoy a movie like the Matrix. I also got a great price on the movies which helps my case when my wife gets on my case for buying a lot of movies.
on June 30, 2015
The initial installment earned 5 stars, but I wasn't as keen on parts 2 & 3, which brings the overall rating down.. (story got overly convoluted & obtuse, in my opinion, and CGI effects were somewhat lacking, especially the character of digital Neo fighting)