2.0 out of 5 stars -Not What Is Advertised-, February 22, 2013
This review is from: C&E HDMI to Component (YPbPr) and R/L Stereo Audio Converter (Discontinued by Manufacturer) (Electronics)
I bought this to use with my Haupaugge HD PVR to backup my Blu Ray collection. I needed a splitter/converter to convert my HDMI ONLY Blu-Ray player into my COMPONENT only HD PVR. The PS3 does not support Blu-Ray through component so I figured this would be one of the only ways to make everything work. I was wrong, kinda. I couldn't get the PS3 to detect the signal when using this converter. So that was out. Next I tried to use it with my Blu-Ray player. IT WORKED! kinda... I could, with varying signal quality, get the Blu-Ray player to provide a 1080i signal to go through the converter and through the HD PVR, but the signal would cut out every 2 or 3 seconds making it impossible to record 1080i video on the HD PVR. So I went into the Blu-Ray player's settings and set it for 720p instead of 1080i. IT THEN WORKED. So I can now backup my Blu-Ray discs but only in 720p quality. As far as the converter working as a NORMAL person would use it, i.e converting hdmi to component for display on a TV, it works alright. Not great though. The picture quality is... interesting. Also make note of 2 things. 1) The actual converter does not look EXACTLY as it does in the picture. The "HDMI" logo is missing so it looks cheaper. 2) When recording with the HD PVR it -DOES- shift the video picture or image to the left, leaving a small black vertical bar on the right side of the video. I fixed this problem by adjusting my tv screen setting to the right to make the bar dissapear when playing back form the pc to the tv, but if you are watching your recorded video from the HD PVR on your PC, you cannot get rid of the problem. Hope this review helped :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, February 14, 2013
The unit successfully converted 1080i HDMI output from my new Sony BluRay player to the component input on my older high-end 1080i Mitsubishi HD projection TV. It produced a centered image with slightly degraded definition, the picture was darkened, and annoying pinkish, reddish, horizontal color bars would flicker across the screen. It did the same thing even at lower resolution settings. I was not willing to live with the poor image quality, so I returned the unit.