5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter and Hoarding Complusions
My best friend is a complusive hoarder. I read this book to learn how to help him. It helped me understand how a person cannot help himself when he starts to collect possessions. He cannot throw things away. This book helped me understand an out-of-control addiction to collecting possessions. I liked the practical suggestions in the workbook.
Published on December 27, 2007 by E. D. Hance

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality version on Kindle PC
Published on March 15, 2011 by ATX '44 Teacher

5.0 out of 5 stars Clutter and Hoarding Complusions, December 27, 2007
E. D. Hance (Des Moines, IA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring: Workbook (Treatments That Work) (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars provides realistic input, May 1, 2010
Hoarding is an extremely resistant problem to treat. One treatment tool is to try and develop insight with the client as to how serious the problem is since there is always a huge amount of denial and procrastination. Dr. Frost is the real guru of the disorder.
I am a licensed therapist and I use this tool in my practice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, October 2, 2010
Mary (Santa Cruz, CA) - See all my reviews
I am using this book in conjunction with my therapist. It helps focus in on the particular problem an individual has with aquiring and keeping too many things, as well as decision making and organizing. I think it would be helpful to many different types of "hoarders".
The only problem I have found is that the scoring sheet that is supposed to be in the appendix is missing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hoarding Workbook, September 13, 2010
Jeff Soup (Bay Area, CA) - See all my reviews
Excellent workbook for in depth understanding of disorder and executable plans and steps towards a solution. Book arrived expeditiously and in excellent condition. Would buy again from this seller.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring: Workbook (Treatments That Work) by Gail Steketee, February 7, 2013
I loved this book because it has forms, and helpful notes for the client who hoards. It organizes the steps for the client so everything is written down and can be referred back to as the client needs to be reminded.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workbook, September 5, 2013
I purchased this workbook, in addition to the book that goes with it, Buried in Treasures. In addition to text discussing compulsive hoarding and acquiring, there are worksheets where the reader can examine their thoughts and feelings about "things" and consider what role having, saving, and or purchasing these "things" fills for them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Thorough workbook, July 1, 2013
Excellent explanations of issues and serious workbook for those willing to conquer clutter. Charts are also available online for reprint. It's not a book for reading, but working.

5.0 out of 5 stars Accompanying workbook to Buried in Treasures - one of the very best books on hoarding and how to break the cycle, January 4, 2015
This book is meant to be used by the "student" (ie person who hoards, and wants to make changes.) It is based on Frost and Steketee's book called "Buried in Treasures" and it is the accompanying workbook. There is also a therapist's guide/manual, assuming you are lucky enough to have a caring and understanding therapist who is familiar with working with hoarders, or at least willing to use this format. Unless the person has made inner changes that facilitate the sustained consistent actions and re-education of thinking, the hoarder will just re-hoard (as in the instance of a forced cleanout). IMO this is the best book on the subject. Frost and Steketee even have a book for relatives and friends of hoarders. There are 2 other book I'd recommend for the hoarder, along with these.Both are by Brooks Palmer, who seems to have the knack for getting inside the heads (and hearts) of clutterers and stuck people. This is the "army" you need to break the vicious cycle, if you are a hoarder. If you are family or a friend of a hoarder, get some books that help you understand the nature of hoarding - and take care of yourselves. It's a tough road for all involved.

1.0 out of 5 stars poor quality version on Kindle PC, March 15, 2011
I just purchased the workbook for Kindle PC and would give it zero stars if that were possible. The image quality on all the forms or worksheets is very poor. I am reminded of old mimeographed copies of worksheets from my elementary school days; many of the lines on some of the worksheets have gaps. Plus, the images of the rooms look as if they were photocopied from my school newspapers--circa 1976--stored in my closet; the publisher's site has crisp and clear photos with the same layout as the workbook. If I could exchange the Kindle version for a hard copy I would, but I would first check it out its quality in a bookstore. The ease of a Kindle purchase was not worth the cost of the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good resourse, June 10, 2013
This was recommended by my wife's therapist. The only thing that would make this more practical is if this had a GPS locator built in. I don't know if it is the ADD or just tough work, but my wife can't seem to ever find it.

Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring: Workbook (Treatments That Work)
Compulsive Hoarding and Acquiring: Workbook (Treatments That Work) by Gail Steketee (Paperback - December 7, 2006)
Used & New from: $14.40