Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: ASUS Laptop Computer / 14-inch Display Screen / Intel Pentium B980 Dual-core Processor / 4GB DDR3 RAM Memory / 320GB Hard Drive / 6-cell Battery / Webcam / HDMI / USB 3.0 / Windows 8 64-bit (Matte White)
Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on November 23, 2015
My son bought this LT for me at Best Buy on the Black Fri of 2012. It's been self-upgraded to Win 8.1 since then. I've made NO other upgrades. The RAM hasn't crashed, it's still in GREAT condition, the HD (the ORIGINAL, btw!) has NO bad sectors. I run Spybot S&D religiously, also Malwarebytes Anti-Malware (at least once a wk, the latter sometimes twice). I've been infected w/ some trojans, 2 virii, hijacked once even with an AV installed AND a firewall AND using Chrome and Firefox. It's Windows. It's like a sieve w/ determined hackers out there. Still, this little workhorse has been a REAL trooper. Hasn't let me down even through a move from WI to TX, a bedbug infestation in my TX apt complex (I didn't have any but my neighbors did!) where I had to pack everything and move out TWICE to a hotel while I was fumigated. My LT kept me connected through it ALL and my son. I'm disabled and w/out it I'm like a blind and helpless baby mouse! I know he got it for $249 and I still have the original box, etc. but I'd never give it up. Now I have Mr. Chan's instructions on how to go about installing a Linux-based OS, which I've missed since my netbook died and I got this. I hadn't known how to boot up to a USB drive until now. So I now have an external HD, where I've stored all my Data (this LT's HD is factory-divided into 2 partitions: OS & Data. Your SWAP drive is set too, as well as a "ghost" partition for your automatic backups and sleep-mode saves. DON'T mess with them unless you're an expert IT geek and know EXACTLY what you're doing. Not even enough to get into trouble.) Having said ALL that, If you want a REAL LT, that does a bunch of screens IN your screen, w/ an optical drive, the ability to run a relational database alongside a video conference call, this isn't it. Unless you want to risk breaking the plastic cover on top of your kb and the tracker (under which lies the HD & the RAM, I'm told) this isn't the LT you want to try to upgrade w/ an internal SSD. It comes w/ a decent-sized 320G. You CAN buy as of today a 480G internal SSD (Sandisk, right here on Amazon.com) but why not put that towards a newer LT instead? Yes, if you ALREADY have this LT, then I can understand putting in the lgr SSD to increase your memory and how quickly you can load everything. However, you would do well to reformat and re-establish the partitions pretty much the way the HD presently is done, with the Data partition the size of the remaining space. According to Mr. E. Chang, the licensing will be already established. Good luck! And well done if you've bought this machine, and go for it if you're planning on it.
on November 6, 2015
All items awesome!!!!!!
on December 19, 2014
Really aweful machine. Do not buy. Cheaply built, underpowered, junk.
on November 3, 2014
excelente equipo muy buen precio recomendado
on September 17, 2014
Cons: Keyboard went out on me after about a year and a half. The cost to replace it is half the price of the computer. Quite disappointed.

Obviously with the memory being what it is this isn't the fastest computer and sometimes it would be frustratingly slow.

Pros: I did really like the size and weight.

Did what I needed it to for the most part (college student)
on August 8, 2014
i got this for my mom and she doesn't like that it doesn't have a CD drive bc she still burns CDs to listen to in the car. idk why she really not that happy with this but i use it and am using it now and i like it. it's fast and user-friendly. besides the lack of CD drive, it has everything and i like it.
on July 15, 2014
The product works great and runs very well for the price. I purchased this product for my parents who surf the web and do everyday tasks on them. It hasn't had any software or hardware problems and it's been almost a year since I purchased it.
on July 10, 2014
Arrived promptly. Easy to use, very fast to sign on to the Internet.
on July 9, 2014
It was broken. Looked like something hit the screen. I had to pay to return it first time ever no more ordering electronics
on June 25, 2014
I love that I was able to get a basic laptop (in pink, of course!) for my basic computing needs. I'm not a hardcore gamer, I'm not doing complicated graphic design. I run a website and blog and I just needed something that allowed me to access the internet and run basic word processing functions. This was a great option at a wonderful price (I got a Used product for about $250), and the color is bright and fun and matches my office décor perfectly.

As I was shopping around, the one drawback I had was that there is no CD drive, which is pretty necessary in the work that I do (I upload a lot of performance photos that are on CDs), but other comparable models that also had a CD drive were at least $200 more than the price I paid for this model. Rather than spending more on an internal drive, it was more cost-effective to order an external CD drive that functions through a USB drive. Problem solved, and I saved a lot of additional cash that was able to be put toward a travel case, a flash drive, and other accessories for my new portable office.

If you are looking for something to game on, this probably isn't for you, and huge graphic intensive programs also probably need a higher end model, but this is a fantastic option for people with basic computing needs, and with the availability of so many great USB add-ons for added functionality, this is a great simple laptop for basic computing needs.