5.0 out of 5 stars great way to learn bridge
Published on March 1, 2011 by pat.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed
Published on October 12, 2009 by Goren I'm Not

1.0 out of 5 stars Disapointed, October 12, 2009
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
Years ago I had a Hoyle bridge game that was well done. This edition offers no real challenges, does not have a feature that allows you to claim all tricks, does not have a feature that automatically plays a card if it is the only card in that suit that could be played; all in all, it is a cumbersome product. I have a free version that is much more challenging. I am most disappointed with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars This is a game for beginners, September 1, 2010
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
I think I am a little too advanced a bridge player to enjoy this game for long. It's fine for someone just starting out, but there are more sophisticated versions that are better-suited to someone who has my level of experience.

I am by no means a master player and always feel there is something to be learned, but this is for players with a very low level of expertise.

I bought this Used from Amazon, and don't have a lot of money invested.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as Advertised, December 22, 2009
Jen Calif (California, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
This is not a bridge game; it is a teaching lesson about what to lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars great way to learn bridge, March 1, 2011
pat. "psyberpat" (Granite Bay, CA USA) - See all my reviews
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
Yes it is for beginners and folks with limited bridge skills. That's me. I love it. It can be set up for a variety of bidding systems and you can choose what conventions you want to use. You can get hints when you want them. You can set it to give you (or any of the other positions) a particular type of hand so you can practice playing that sort of hand or playing against it. I love it.
Doesn't have the bells and whistles the other reviewers were seeking but for folks like me it is a gold mine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Hoyle Bridge, December 11, 2010
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
This is a very basic program and the appearance is difficult to recognize. Ithought because it was on a CD by itself that it would be superior to the Bridge game on Hoyle cards when in factit is inferior.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Product, December 14, 2012
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
An excellent training tool. Very well done.

The only drawback was the installation didn't work as described. It had my wife stumped and I had to go into the files on the disk and open the correct one.

I could install this on a Vista 32-bit system. It will not install on Windows 7 64-bit system.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Windows 7, November 28, 2011
HOYLE Bridge
I used this product with Windows 95 but when I upgraded to 7 it wouldn't work. The description given didn't say this so I was stuck with something that didn't work. However when i emailed Amazon about it they refunded my money. Amazing company.

3.0 out of 5 stars Old machines only, November 20, 2012
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
If you have XP or older it is a very nice game to play around with. But Anything newer and it does not work. It has to have DOS from what I could figure out. So I finally gave up and sent it back.

1.0 out of 5 stars Unable to view Hoyle Bridge, November 16, 2012
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
I have Windows 7. Tried to install this product. Was unable to install. Got message that this version was not compatable with my windows 7. Not techi enough to know what to do now.

3.0 out of 5 stars Contract Bridge CD, April 14, 2012
This review is from: HOYLE Bridge (CD-ROM)
When I received the CD I played many games and all was well. When my computer with Windows XP died, I purchased another one, but it was Windows 7.
Well, the CD does not work with Windows 7, so I can no longer use the CD.

HOYLE Bridge
HOYLE Bridge by Encore (Windows 2000)
$29.99 $11.99