Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Item Package Quantity: 1|Size: old|Change
Price:$1.53+ Free shipping

on June 10, 2009
Simple and useful. Product worked as expected. No problem at all.

Anyway, if you run out of free molex connectors check power supply amperes and voltages to determine if you are not exceeding capacity. I used the cable to avoid buying a new PSU. Did not check well and turned out that I was exceeding amperage capacity and my power unit could not take it. MY FAULT. So, I bought a new SLI certified PSU and now everything works like a charm.

I'm writing this to prevent other buyers from spending hard earned money and then ending up not using the product, like me.
on May 7, 2012
Basically, all I can really say about this product is that it does what it is meant to do. The only thing I didn't like was how long it took to ship as it did have to travel quite a ways (which is the reason for 4/5 stars). It took roughly a month to receive it and I wish I could have had it sooner. Now that I have it, it has not failed yet.
on February 24, 2016
I needed this power splitter in order to clone my original Xbox hard drive. I ordered it in late December, and it arrived on February 12th. If I had any idea it would take well over a month to arrive I'd have never ordered it. While I waited I gave up and ordered the same type of product from another vendor (http://www.amazon.com/inch-4-Pin-Extension-Power-Cable/dp/B009PIN3M0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1456335164&sr=8-1&keywords=8+inch+1+to+2+Way+4-Pin+IDE+M%2FF+Y+Extension+Power+Cable) because I was sick of waiting. When this product did finally arrive, it felt loose and cheaply put together. It worked, so I can't complain too much I guess, but I'm glad I ordered the second one because it's of noticeably higher build quality. This will get the job done, but spend the extra couple of dollars to get the better one - and get it MUCH faster.
This cable is solidly made. Many are not so much. The Molex connector design was good in its day but now there are better solutions. Still when dealing with legacy equipment and systems, the need for more power plugs than provided comes up and this splitter fills the need nicely and reliably.

The most common problem I've had with other splitters are on the female end not making good contact with the double cables crimped into the metal ferrules. No problem with this one so far.

As it's behaved well and been reliable I'm giving it 5 stars
on June 9, 2015
Worked like its supposed to. I bought another one of these from somewhere else, and the wires pulled out of the connectors within a couple of weeks, but these feel much more secure. The pins are sometimes a little loose, but no big deal.
on November 1, 2012
The yellow wire at the in connector that splits off to the two was not just overtly stiff, but the wires randomly one day snapped off of the pin inside the computer. About an hour before that the connector, which had been powering two regular hard drives, had melted around the yellow pin which had then fallen out of the plastic molex connector. The computer locked up due to a lack of drive power and such, and the power cable had to be pulled. The pin simply fell free of the molex plug which had the side partially melted as well as around the pin base, the pin and wire were scorched and the connector from the power supply was scorched but otherwise unharmed and still functioned.
Given the fairly minimal power two drives take, I would expect the connector to be able to not just fall to pieces or melt.
on April 20, 2012
For some reason, the same vendor advertises exactly the same item as "4-Pin IDE/ATA Y-Splitter Power Cable". That picture looks shorter, so I expected this item to be 12" long. However I ordered both and they are identical with different descriptions and $0.06 difference. Downgraded a star because length is not mentioned in the description.
They seem fairly well made with no lose connections. Wires seem the same thickness as those i buy from Fry's. The don't have to take much power for a fan or DVD player, so no issue. How they are sold and shipped from China for $1-16 is beyond me. They were ordered on 4/14 and received 6 days later from China, faster than most Amazon free shipping so don't downgrade a review of the product based on shipping estimates. Things from China are cheap with free shipping, but still came in a reasonable time.
Happy customer.
on April 17, 2013
4 pin molar y connector for power. The connectors would not mate.. the cables/pins pulled free from the plastic connector. Perhaps i got the wrong size.. the plastic was identical the pins looked the same size, but regardless they were unusable .. now i am going to another seller and paying as much as i can to get something that works. It's not the 6 dollars.. it's the 2 days i lose that really disappoints me. I even feel like throwing the card away with the connectors. I will NOT use this source for connectors again.
on September 22, 2014
Every once in a while you need a power connection in your machine and they are all taken. This item corrects the problem. I had thought I was buying a used item, and it turns out it was brand new in the packaging. Well worth the price.
on July 23, 2012
product arrived AHEAD of schedule. this listing is advertised as a single 4 pin molex y splitter but they actually give you two. an unexpected suprise for me in a good way. it will come in handy in the near future:)

product wires are of the same grade as found on computer PSU. the connectors fit snugly and are of the white type plastic used on the PSU connectors which is highly durable as well as flexable. if the pins are misaligned just straighten out wire and wiggle connector on GENTLY without force. it will eventually correct itself and snap in proper place. this can be expected with ANY 4 pin female connector when mating it onto a male connector from any cable irregardless of manufacturer or price.

awesome product with an awesome price. will definately recommend this cable.

i have one cable installed on my graphics card, which will feed the 2 4 pin connectors required by my 6 pin pci-e power connector. card is awaiting a bigger case as well as PSU to power it(its a dual slot dual board/processor nx7950gx2 card) but im almost certain this adapter will well withstand the cards demands.