chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grocery Valentine's Day Cards Create an Amazon Wedding Registry Amazon Gift Card Offer

on February 6, 2012
As a technological "layman" I found this to be a great book for everyone who wonders about privacy and security on the Internet - even if you don't quite grasp everything that's going on out there. Personally, I cannot bring myself to disconnect from online professional and social networks, and don't want to deny myself the convenience of online shopping/banking. So how do you protect yourself while still enjoying these modern benefits? The author discusses the threats that exist in all these kinds of activities (and more) and prescribes practical ways of safeguarding yourself from the big bad wolves. The tone is down to earth and you don't have to be a techie to understand the concepts. Fantastic gift for all generations but particularly the "invincible" 15-30 years olds (like myself) who are unaware of the perils (or at least passive about them). Be suspicious and prepared!!
on April 9, 2012
This book was expertly written for the non-technical as well as the technical reader. I have been in the Information Technology field for 20+ years now and this book gave great insight into computer security and why it is so important these days. As a small business owner, the information he has put together and the solutions presented to defend against possible threats are invaluable.
on September 1, 2012
Nothing better for us computer dummies. This book provies all the information we need to feel secure when we are using our computers. I, for one, always "looking behind my back"...no more thanks, to this easy to read manual.
on May 21, 2014
very good book about the computer security.
The book is able to cover all the aspects about the issue and gives the reader a general picture of what this is.
The reader will be able to dig deeper into subjects.

This book is not for complete novicer but is not very technical.
Even me as a system manager on IT found the book very interesting.

The language is good and once started reading you are not able to put it away until the last page
on June 9, 2014
Great book and reading
There is discussion on computer security,
For solutions, tools, urls, new ways to use the internet.
A lot of topics are covered.
I couldn't ask for more.
Everyone should read all or some of this book.
Thank you.
on June 27, 2014
Good overview for computer security, using the web etc. and protection, use advice. Written for us non- techies...

R/KMW
on March 16, 2015
Not bad, good reads
on July 20, 2015
Learned new concepts and software that I find very useful!

Bought for school, and really enjoyed reading this book

GG