5.0 out of 5 stars Conair 225 hairdryer
My old Conair died so I read all the reviews and decided on this hairdryer. Very satisfied. The weight is good, the attachments are fine, and the price was right! You don't need anything better. I really like the ability to open the cover to get to the mesh filter to clean it and the 3 heat settings and 3 blower settings. A winner!
Published on March 7, 2009 by K. Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good features, but a couple of small issues
This dryer is very lightweight, quiet and it dries hair quickly. The three heat settings are great.
So why not 5 stars? I have a couple gripes.
Published on March 6, 2012 by D. M. Peden

5.0 out of 5 stars Conair 225 hairdryer, March 7, 2009
This review is from: Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer (Health and Beauty)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for frizzy troublesome hair!, November 8, 2008
I love this dryer. I used a similar one at Planet Hollywood in Vegas and tracked it down when I got home. I have wavy hair that always frizzes into a puff ball when I use a hairdryer. I had switched from my old dryer to the Remington Wet2Straight which I thought was the greatest invention ever, but this dryer quickly replaced it. The key is the high power motor, it gets my entire head dry in less than 10 minutes, with no frizz. A quick run through with a straightener after I'm done is all I need. Plus it's lightweight and quiet. This product saves me at least 15 minutes in the morning that I used to waste getting frustrated with my hair...try it!

3.0 out of 5 stars Some good features, but a couple of small issues, March 6, 2012
D. M. Peden "mick624" (Los Angeles, CA United States) - See all my reviews
So why not 5 stars? I have a couple gripes.
First, the matte effect of the dryer is produced by a plastic coating over the shiny black plastic of the dryer. After a couple months (if that), this started to flake off, and now it's a patchwork of matte/shiny. I guess it's just an aesthetic thing, but the words next to the controls (high/med/low) are gone entirely.
Second, the concentrator nozzle is not very secure. It pops off with a light bump. So while I'm drying and straightening my hair, the nozzle pops off at least one or two times. I use the concentrator every time I blow dry, so this gets annoying. The diffuser, too, doesn't stay on well. I think it's because the attachments are made so that they click in place inside the end of the dryer rather than going over the end of the dryer.
Anyway, if you never use an attachment and don't care about flaking plastic, then this is otherwise a decent hair dryer. I can't speak to the longevity because I have owned it for less than a year, but it seems to work well and doesn't overheat.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best hair dryer I ever owned., January 10, 2009
It looks good, light in weight, very powerful, makes my hair shine. These new tourmaline ceramic dryers are not always what they advertise to be, but this dryer is everything it says it is and more. It cost a little more, but it is worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A review for guys, March 9, 2010
I didn't know what the attachments were for so I threw them out. I turned it on and it blew hot air. 5 stars.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing even for a cheap hairdryer, February 20, 2012
I bought this Conair hair dryer to replace my old Conair, which I had for 4+ years. Unfortunately, it looks like the quality of Conair's products has gone downhill since my previous purchase. This hair dryer has a "Comfort Touch" coating, which I initially thought was very nice. It feels soft to the touch rather than the slick plastic of the older models. But after just a couple of weeks of use, the coating started bubbling and peeling off in the area where I hold the hair dryer. I've only had it for a month and a half, and the outer coating looks positively pathetic already. I also don't like the settings on this model--there are only two speed settings, with the lower one being barely on. The high setting is okay, but it does make me feel like I'm in a wind tunnel at times.

This hair dryer has some pros: It gets quite hot, and it's fairly lightweight. So if you don't mind your hair dryer looking like it's constantly recovering from a bad sunburn after a month of use, perhaps you'll like it.

2.0 out of 5 stars breaks easily, June 30, 2010
i bought this hairdryer and when i came home and plugged it in, it began to smoke. i brought it back to ulta, and they graciously replaced it after seeing the smoke for themselves. loved the second one (same hairdryer), but it comletely died within 6 months. would not turn on. works well, while it works. otherwise - a cheap hunk of plastic. i'm not going back for round 3!

5.0 out of 5 stars great hairdryer for a good price, June 23, 2009
I bought this hair dryer to replace an "old" Conair 1875 watt one. The old one was at least 12yrs. old and was still working, but making strange noises so I decided to look for its replacement before it died at an inopportune time! This dryer is great. It has a lot more 'wind' power than the old one did but it does not seem to get as hot, which with the power is not an issue...it does not burn my head if I stay in one place too long as the old one did.
The case is easy to hold, the dual controls are different, but better than the one it replaced. I would recommend this hair dryer without any negative issues. I did not want to spend a lot of money for an ion dryer and this one is perfect. It leaves my hair much softer and manageable and does a good job of drying hair fast. The Amazon statement did not mention 'ion'...but on the box it states it is an 'ion' dryer.

5.0 out of 5 stars the one you've been looking for, September 14, 2011
OK, I never write reviews, but this hair dryer is so great, I just had to. It looks very basic, but it is everything you could want in a hair dryer and more. It is powerful, quiet, dries my hair in a flash, and from the very first time I used it, it made my hair amazingly soft and shiny. I didn't even know a hair dryer could make that much difference! This is hands down the best hair dryer I have ever used.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, August 31, 2009
Melanie (Boston, MA USA) - See all my reviews
Lightweight. Rubberized which makes it easy to grip. 6 possible settings, which I love. Powerful but not overdrying. Quiet. Will definitely buy one of these again. Love it.

Conair 1875 Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Hair Dryer