Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Train egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Grooming Deals Gifts Under $50 Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Shop Now DOTD

Color: BlackChange

on March 7, 2009
My old Conair died so I read all the reviews and decided on this hairdryer. Very satisfied. The weight is good, the attachments are fine, and the price was right! You don't need anything better. I really like the ability to open the cover to get to the mesh filter to clean it and the 3 heat settings and 3 blower settings. A winner!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 8, 2008
I love this dryer. I used a similar one at Planet Hollywood in Vegas and tracked it down when I got home. I have wavy hair that always frizzes into a puff ball when I use a hairdryer. I had switched from my old dryer to the Remington Wet2Straight which I thought was the greatest invention ever, but this dryer quickly replaced it. The key is the high power motor, it gets my entire head dry in less than 10 minutes, with no frizz. A quick run through with a straightener after I'm done is all I need. Plus it's lightweight and quiet. This product saves me at least 15 minutes in the morning that I used to waste getting frustrated with my hair...try it!
66 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2012
This dryer is very lightweight, quiet and it dries hair quickly. The three heat settings are great.
So why not 5 stars? I have a couple gripes.
First, the matte effect of the dryer is produced by a plastic coating over the shiny black plastic of the dryer. After a couple months (if that), this started to flake off, and now it's a patchwork of matte/shiny. I guess it's just an aesthetic thing, but the words next to the controls (high/med/low) are gone entirely.
Second, the concentrator nozzle is not very secure. It pops off with a light bump. So while I'm drying and straightening my hair, the nozzle pops off at least one or two times. I use the concentrator every time I blow dry, so this gets annoying. The diffuser, too, doesn't stay on well. I think it's because the attachments are made so that they click in place inside the end of the dryer rather than going over the end of the dryer.
Anyway, if you never use an attachment and don't care about flaking plastic, then this is otherwise a decent hair dryer. I can't speak to the longevity because I have owned it for less than a year, but it seems to work well and doesn't overheat.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon September 7, 2015
After five years of use, this hair dryer is still going strong. I won't go into details about its features; I think there are plenty of reviews that cover that. Instead, I'll offer some brief insights into how it has held up after more than 1,825 days of near-daily use.

The only signs of wear are on the surface off the handle, where the plastic rubs against the palm of your hand (See pic). The heater elements still create air that's nice and hot and the diffuser attachments still fit snugly. The only required "maintenance" has been to use an old toothbrush every few months and clean debris from the mesh over the air intake on the back (Again, see pic). The slider buttons that control levels of heat and strength of the air continue to function as they should, as does the "cool shot" feature that allows you to momentarily switch off the heat without fiddling with the slider.

5-stars for the Conair... and it remains something I'd buy again. If you found this review helpful, please do me a favor and click the "Yes" button below. Thank you!
review image review image
on January 10, 2009
It looks good, light in weight, very powerful, makes my hair shine. These new tourmaline ceramic dryers are not always what they advertise to be, but this dryer is everything it says it is and more. It cost a little more, but it is worth every penny.
on March 9, 2010
I didn't know what the attachments were for so I threw them out. I turned it on and it blew hot air. 5 stars.
1818 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 20, 2012
I bought this Conair hair dryer to replace my old Conair, which I had for 4+ years. Unfortunately, it looks like the quality of Conair's products has gone downhill since my previous purchase. This hair dryer has a "Comfort Touch" coating, which I initially thought was very nice. It feels soft to the touch rather than the slick plastic of the older models. But after just a couple of weeks of use, the coating started bubbling and peeling off in the area where I hold the hair dryer. I've only had it for a month and a half, and the outer coating looks positively pathetic already. I also don't like the settings on this model--there are only two speed settings, with the lower one being barely on. The high setting is okay, but it does make me feel like I'm in a wind tunnel at times.

This hair dryer has some pros: It gets quite hot, and it's fairly lightweight. So if you don't mind your hair dryer looking like it's constantly recovering from a bad sunburn after a month of use, perhaps you'll like it.
on June 30, 2010
i bought this hairdryer and when i came home and plugged it in, it began to smoke. i brought it back to ulta, and they graciously replaced it after seeing the smoke for themselves. loved the second one (same hairdryer), but it comletely died within 6 months. would not turn on. works well, while it works. otherwise - a cheap hunk of plastic. i'm not going back for round 3!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2014
My other Conair 1875 was starting to turn itself off (shorting out?) during use so I hunted Amazon reviews for a good one with Prime shipping. This one came up with the most reviews in this price range. I know I shouldn't but I wash and dry my hair every day. I needed something reliable but under $30.

The first thing that bothered me was that I received an obvious return which doesn't bode well. I've tried this for a couple days so the jury's still out but right away here's what I like and don't like about it:

-very quiet
-useful attachments
-multiple speed options
-cool shot
-ability to clean filter

-nozzle is longer
-matte finish makes it slippery to hold
-cool shot button is much shorter than older Conair
-easy to accidentally press/hold cool shot when you don't want it
-speed/heat button sliders very cheaply made
-filter is hinged and doesn't open all the way

For price and value, okay buy. If you have short arms like I do, the longer barrel makes for an awkward morning ritual. Also, since it's slippery to hold, you have to learn how to hold it differently which can be problem, if like me, you have arthritis issues. With the old Conair, I could lazily hold it however I want. I could rest my thumb below the cool shot button since it protruded at least 1/2" and you really had to push it down to use it. The cool shot on this one is flimsy and depresses quite easily. I'm also worried about the settings buttons. It does not seem very secure and/or there is only a small attachment in the middle. In other words, as you slide them, the top and bottom of the buttons are not attached in any way to the unit. They actually stick out a little bit (are not completely flushed against the handle). Whether this will be a problem should they come off remains to be seen.

Overall a mixed bag but it was priced fairly cheap. Will update rating if it does not frizz my hair (anymore than I'm already drying it out by repeated washings).
review image
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 17, 2013
The plug of my hairdyer had a propensity to overheat and eventually melted the outlet into which it was plugged. The outlet (on a power strip) is now inoperable and there is melted plastic on the power prong. Since the dryer was still under warranty, I called customer service and was placed on hold for 20 minutes. Then when I eventually was able to speak to someone, I was told I would have to mail the dryer back to them at my own expense. Only if they determined that it was defective would they send me a new hair dryer and reimburse me for the postage. I would imagine a photo showing the damage should suffice or else they should send me a prepaid mailing label as other companies do. Given the low cost of the hair dryer, I'm wondering whether it's worth my time and money boxing it, standing in the line at the post office, etc just to wait to see what happens. The hair dryer is a little over a year old and the warranty is for two years.