5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a beginner
Published on December 15, 2011 by RunLolaRun

1.0 out of 5 stars Not good for fine hair
I purchased this hair dryer after my other Conair dryer broke after a year of use. I really liked the old one so I thought this one would be similar. This model leaves my hair flat and so tangled that I have had to cut the knots out of my hair. I threw the box away after receiving it so I can't return it. So now I will also be throwing the hair dryer away.
Published 12 months ago by Liz

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a beginner, December 15, 2011
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I got a haircut that requires some blow drying and wanted an upgrade from the travel size piece of crap I had before. My stylist tried to get me to buy one from her for fifty to sixty bucks - no thanks. I am an amateur when it comes to blow dryers and honestly I had no idea what to look for except for something with good reviews. After using it a few times, I can't believe I ever used the other one. The motor on it doesn't screech, which is wonderful. I use the warm setting on low and its perfect - doesn't burn my scalp like other dryers have. I am using it with the pick attachment (new to me) and it really does make a difference with hair volume. I used to hate blow drying my hair but with this thing its a breeze and my hair looks a lot better than air dried.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not your grandmother's hair dryer!, November 17, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Ok, so let me just say I am not one to get excited about blow dryers, since I have naturally curly hair and usually air dry. I've only used blow dryers in the past when it was cold outside and I really needed to dry my hair before going out into the tundra. So it was really for my health, not beauty. Occasionally, I would use a diffuser to get a nice spirally curl. This device has brought my beauty regimen to a whole new level. First of all, I love that it has so many different settings on it - low, med, and high plus warm, warmer, and hot, and even a cold setting if you need just cold air! So people with fine, delicate hair like mine can put it on a very light setting and not feel like I'm singing my hair or face. If you do have thick hair, or medium hair, or anything there is a setting for you! Secondly, this attachment is incredible. I had no idea what it was about so I watched a video. You put this right up to your hair and lift it slightly upward as you blow dry and it gives your hair incredible body without the frizz.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this thing! My old blow dryer went straight to good will. Finally, I have a hair dryer for the 21st Century!

PS - this product has a four year warranty!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice features, a definite upgrade from my last one, November 30, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Overall I am very pleased with my new Conair Infiniti Pro hair dryer. Ironically, I bought this at a store and before I even got the chance to use it, this same dryer was offered to me through the Amazon Vine program. I took the one I bought back and got this one in the mail a few days later.

The reasons I chose this one in the store were that it was about middle of the pack price-wise, powerful (1875W), had different heat settings with cold shot, and I liked the look of it. Since using it for a while, here are my thoughts:

- It's not quite as loud as my last one and has a lower pitch that is a little more agreeable to me. I don't feel like I'm waking up the whole neighborhood when I turn it on.
- Multiple heat and speed settings are great for my very fine frizz-prone hair and the cold shot is great for when I'm starting to get too hot and need a cool blast.
- The loop on the base of the handle allows me to hang it from my wall shelf so it's off my counter but I don't have to unplug and stash in a drawer every day.
- The attachments are easy to put on and take off, but I haven't used them much so I can't give any insight on them. Even without the concentrator attachment the air feels pretty well contained for drying one particular area (like my bangs).
- Even though the handle doesn't fold up like some I've seen, it's relatively small and lightweight which makes it easy to pack and take along when traveling.
- It's purple.
- The switches for speed and heat are small and sometimes when I turn it on I have to be careful to stop the lever at the low setting and not skip past it to high.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast Hair Fix, December 29, 2011
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I really like this hair dryer. I read the reviews at Amazon.com before I made the purchase, which made me aware of some cons of the hair dryer.

I found those cons to be negligible overall. I had a Conair 1875 before and used it to death. This one is just a better version of what I had before. Granted, it does not get as hot, but my hair feels better for it. After styling, my hair feels very smooth and shiny. I am very pleased with both attachments and the attachment lock on the dryer. My old one did not have that option, and the attachments would fall off while in use. I also like that this dryer is smaller than my old one and weighs about the same. I would definitely recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my new Hairdryer., November 25, 2011
Skylark Thibedeau (Charlotte, NC USA, Terra, Solaris System, Milky Way Galaxy.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
The Conair 276 is like bringing the Salon home with you. I love the ionizing attachment that runs thru my hair like a comb drying and fluffing it from the roots outwards. It has a sleek design and fits easily into my suitcase for easy portability.

It is far more powerful that other hand dryers I've used in the past. I can be done with styling my hair to my satiesfaction in less than 10 minutes. Very important when you're running late for work as I do in the mornings.

Its very easy to switch the attachments from the Ionizer to the concentrated Blower attachement. There are three heat and two speed settings that meet any hair emergency you might have. There is a convenient filter that can be removed that help keeps hair and lint out of the motor insuring a longer life. It's slso light weight so that it won't feel like your working out with dumbells like you do with bigger dryers.

I enjoy styling with mine and I know you will too!

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, Love It, LOVE IT, January 4, 2014
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I have dry naturally curly hair and finding the right dryer/defuser combination is always such a hassle. I love this product. It dries my hair in under 10 minutes, normally will take close to 30-45 mins on any other dryer. I really like the defuser attachment. It allows me to get close to my scalp to dry the roots with out damaging the rest of my curls. The plastic lip keeps the fly-aways form flying away and creating more frizz.

I don't use it as instructed in the video. Instead I flip my hair over and dry my hair upside down. This gives my curly hair better volume and a more polished look.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Curlies, March 9, 2014
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
I love this dryer. Unlike others, I have had no issues with any plastic coming out. I use it with the diffuser, drop my curls in, twist a little, and push it to my head and wait. My curls come out perfect every time, with minimal frizz. I love that it has adjustable heat/power settings, so it keeps me from having to fry or blast my hair. It is also nice to have the cool setting to 'set' my curls after they are mostly dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Va-Va-Voom Volume!, September 29, 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Having always been hair dryer- challenged, I was quite skeptical of this unit from Conair that promised "Volume Boost" and was not even called a hair dryer but a "styling tool." I opened the unit with more skepticism; it was somewhat heavy and it had an attachment that looked like a number of scary plastic sticks on a base that attached to a fairly standard-looking hair dryer. However, within two minutes of using the dryer and attachment on freshly washed damp hair I was blown away (not literally!) My hair is medium (between fine and thick) texture, straight, and usually a nightmare to dry, due to my impatience, generalized ineptitude with using a round styling brush and dryer simultaneously, and tendency to sweat profusely from a hot Sahara blast of wind, and the way a dryer makes my hair feel and look- fried. This dryer solved every aforementioned problem. The air- directed flow dried my hair in 1/3 the normal time. The volumizing tines made me feel as if I had a talented stylist drying my hair rather than my usual approach of giving up and allowing the dryer to blow my hair helter-skelter in a hot gust. I didn't have a single sweat gland activated since the dryer directed the flow to the hair, not my upper body. My hair looked luxuriously healthy and not at all crispy. This is an absolute piece of genius. I simply can't believe what a great buy this is. Believe the hype- for once it's all real! There is also an air concentrator attachment, and a wide range of temperature/speed settings including a "cold shot" setting that locks in your final hairstyle. My only commentary is that with its heavy motor and attachments it is a bit more hefty than a standard dryer. However, considering the savings in time, it's worth building your biceps for volumized, va-voom hair!

5.0 out of 5 stars no more fry...but powerful enough to dry!, November 30, 2011
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
The AC motor on this dryer does make a big difference in air flow compared to the other dryers of the same 1875 watt! I have med/short thick wavy hair that i like to dry straight and used the Revlon RV484 for a few years, not realizing that it was so darn hot that my hair was getting fried & breaking off! My daughter came home from college and sparked her hair from that Revlon too!...so yes, the bad reviews on the Revlon RV484 are TRUE!! After, trying out the Conair 178Xr Ionic Pro Style (not ever hot enough) and the Conair 121PR Ionic Ceramic (hot enough but NO air flow!)....I finally found a Conair with heat AND good air flow! For those of you who have complained that it does not get hot enough, I have found that the lower speed with high heat gives plenty of HEAT without burning the scalp and frying the hair the way my Revlon RV484 did! Even though the Revlon was powerful and hot, that thing was actually dangerous throwing out sparks from time to time and the hood/motor area getting dangerously hot! Also, i am a tiny petite person with no muscles and can't understand why others are complaining about this thing feeling heavy!?? Not heavy at all for me! Also, when looking for a blow dryer, it became an issue for me to get one with switches that don't 'toggle' as they keep getting pushed accidentally while drying! Not so with this model! I am actually tempted to get another one for a backup as it is NOT easy to find a dryer that is hot enough without frying hair AND with a powerful air flow to boot! This one is a keeper! So glad I can stop shopping around now!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great dryer for the price, April 7, 2014
This review is from: Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer (Health and Beauty)
This dryer is very useful with the diffuser on, but I found it to blow my hair around too much without it on. I love it with the diffuser - it is easy to maneuver and gives my hair a lot of body. But, when I used it without the diffuser it ate my hair and the rest ended up in knots. For reference - I have fine hair with natural curl.

I would give it 5 stars if you are looking for a dryer to use with the diffuser, but only 4 if you are looking for something that you can use both with and without.

Conair 276R Infiniti Pro Volume Dryer