5.0 out of 5 stars Know how to use it
Don't use the jets below the water line or it won't work well. If the jets are right at the water line it will create some good turbulance and give the feel of a whirlpool. Our family enjoys this very much, well worth the money.
Published on January 16, 2004 by Wibbs

3.0 out of 5 stars Charybdis it isn't.
Published on September 2, 2004 by Caponsacchi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Charybdis it isn't., September 2, 2004
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
Yet another disposable gadget from the Conair people, but not without some redeeming qualities. The two water jets are quite strong. They won't convert your bathtub into a Jacuzzi, but they're capable of applying genuine hydropressure to a 12-inch strip of one side of your body. Since most bathtubs have only a single side, you'll need to make certain that the side to which the Spa unit attaches is the one next to the anatomical part in need of treatment. Also, check with your spouse, partner, or fellow bathtub users before installing the item. My wife has already said she wants no part of the device and that in removing it I'd better be sure those suction cups don't leave marks on the porcelain. Even if you did leave the spa in place, it would be a bad idea, since anyone using the shower would get the top half of the machine wet, which the instructions indicate is a strict no no.

The machine has a variable switch. If your bubbles go flat or rubber duckie gets stuck in a quagmire, just put the switch into "bubble mode," which increases the frequency of the jet streams and stirs things up a bit more.

But the real genius of this machine is its built-in light. It's exactly the same size and brightness of one of those bicycle headlights that require the rider to generate the power. I would love to meet the engineer who came up with this inspired final touch, which preoccupied me throughout my entire bath. I can't come up with a single functional or aesthetic purpose for the light, which is probably why the Conair designers installed it--to kind of distract the consumer from the unit's actual limitations. On the other hand, the light does, after a while, give the machine a sense of "personality." It's kind of like the little bugger is staring back at me, and I'm quite sure I detect a smile. I wonder why and at whose expense.

5.0 out of 5 stars Know how to use it, January 16, 2004
Wibbs "wibbs" (Orange park, FL United States) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars A whirlpool tub it ain't., June 18, 2002
Vicky Jo Varner "vicky_jo" (Hollywood, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
I love whirlpool tubs. Whenever we travel (and we travel a LOT), my husband tries to get me a jacuzzi suite. It's such a swell way to relax after a day of touring the town, especially if I've been on my feet all day.
I've been pestering him to install a whirlpool tub at home, but you know what they cost. So I decided to try the Conair bath spa until we saved enough pennies.
All I can say is -- LOLOL! It might be comparable to a whirlpool tub if you bought 4 of them and perched them all around the tub. Otherwise, it just doesn't move much water around. I suppose it's better than nothing, but not by much. I can barely feel the current. To say I'm underwhelmed would be an understatement. It was fun to play with, and it was nice as a REMINDER of some of the swell whirlpool baths I've relaxed in, but it just doesn't approach the real thing, and it's a lot of bother for so little pleasure. You have to be pretty desperate to think this is fabulous, although I'll probably continue to use it until I get a real whirlpool tub. In hindsight, I should have saved the money I spent to put in the piggybank for the real thing. Either that, or I shoulda bought four of them!

5.0 out of 5 stars She loved it, January 16, 2004
Wibbs "wibbs" (Orange park, FL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
My wife loved this item. No, it does not replace a true hot-tub. Would you really expect that for 50 bucks? But she really did like it. She said when she closed her eyes she felt as though she was in a whirlpool. The kids, however, do think it turns the tub into a hot-tub. It is quiet, and rather powerful and overall worth it. I was impressed at the power of the jets and the motor is low noise. When I walked into the bathroom it sounded like a bubbly hot-tub. I would recommend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than the competition, May 7, 2001
"deb1262" (South River, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
I purchased another brand and was sorely dissapointed. I then bought this one and I was much more delighted. The jets are in a good spot. The motor was sufficient. And oh the lights. What a great addition. I would recomend this spa. Enjoy

2.0 out of 5 stars Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa, October 17, 2005
R. Nash (Annapolis, MD) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
Disappointed with low water pressure. More like a bubble maker.

3.0 out of 5 stars Needs more power to agitate the water more, September 30, 2003
fabooboo (CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
I have used bath spas before and all of them had plenty of power. This is nice, but you don't really feel anything. I thought about it and faced the water jets AT each other for more power.

4.0 out of 5 stars Spa on a budget, July 19, 2005
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
I was pleasantly surprised with the performance of this spa. No, you will not get a true whirlpool for $50. And it's hard to get the jets positioned properly for anything other than your leg, but they are surprisingly strong. The two cords give you about 16ft total, so it's easy to find a place to plug it in in most bathrooms. The bubble effect works well and really gives a spa feel. The unit operated more quietly than I expected - just a humming noise.

The unit was easy to install/adjust to fit my garden tub.

I think this unit would be a pain if you don't have a separate tub/shower. I do, so I plan to just leave it in place for whenever I use the tub.

2.0 out of 5 stars YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR, August 5, 2005
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
NOT VERY EFFECTIVE,BUT THEN,FOR THE PRICE, ABOUT WHAT I EXPECTED.

3.0 out of 5 stars It is OK, July 27, 2005
This review is from: Conair BTS2 Dual-Jet Bath Spa (Health and Beauty)
I purchased this product after the dog chewed through the cord of my last one. (different brand, cheaper). So when I decided to replace it, I wanted to "move up". I am a bit disappointed with it. It is not any better, in my opinion, than my previous one that approximately $20 cheaper.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›