MiniYOU by Conair 1" Ceramic Curling Iron
Color Name: RedChange
Price:$17.92 + Free shipping

on September 18, 2009
Color Name: Red
I bought this curling iron in the summer for a trip to Europe. It heats up instantly and does a fantastic job. Better than the one I've been using at home. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is the tip where you put your finger when you are curling is so short I kept burning my fingers! If you concentrate on what you are doing you won't have a problem! The heatproof case was also very handy as you didn't have to wait for the iron to cool before packing it away. Also there were no switches to turn for the dual voltage....all you had to do was plug it in with a tip for the country you were in.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 27, 2011
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
First off I'm a sucker for anything "mini." The pros are that it is very basic, heats up quickly, is a great travel size, the price is great, and I liked the length of the cord considering it's a mini product. I do agree with some other reviews about how it would be nice to have an extra inch on the barrel. You also have to be a little careful because the safety tip above the barrel is a little bit small. I have fine hair that is below my shoulder blades and had no problems creating nice beachy waves. Be warned that if you have long hair like mine you'll need to curl half the length of a strand first and then the other half. If you're planning on everyday use, I would suggest going with a full sized curling iron. Personally, I found this product perfect for my needs of occasional use. The pouch that came with my iron doesn't look like the one pictured. The case was a black and white zebra print. You slip the iron in and there is an elastic strap on the outside to hold the cord. In my opinion, it's probably better than the zippered one pictured. Overall, I'm happy with the product.
on May 21, 2011
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
PROS:
1. VERY SMALL, GREAT FOR TRAVELING! It left a lot more room in my suitcase to bring back presents for ME.
2. loved the case. keeps the hot part of the iron inside, while the cord is neatly contained outside with an elastic band and not exposed to the hot barrel if you have to pack it right away!!
3. heats up fast!
4. inexpensive, (well i have enough home hair appliances already I DIDN'T WANT TO SPEND A FORTUNE ON A TRAVEL ONE.
5. dual voltage only needs an adaptor for Europe. I was able to buy this iron very cheaply and use with an adaptor that i also bought on Amazon cheaply that could be used for all of my electronics as well.
6. liked that it has no voltage switch...who wants to think that hard about which voltage setting to use a on vacation or for a business trip for that matter? I mean, I don't really care what the stupid voltage is. I just wanna look Good!!

Cons
1. small - OK for me because I expected and wanted it small but that is a decision for you and your hair!!
2. safety tip a bit small and you have to be careful not to get burned!
3. I have to admit - it does roll and is very close to the surface when you lay it down. You just have to be careful, but as it heats up so fast, just plug it in, use it and unplug it right away and you should be fine!

Recommend for: Anyone who is looking for a travel curling iron that travels overseas or who might travel overseas in the future. I think that most people will only use this on vacation/travel so it should last awhile.

If I wanted to use my own curling irons, irons, blow dryers and other heat appliance in Europe, I would have needed a current converter (sp?). Our Hotel rented them but said that they were always out and recommended I bring my own converter (expensive and large and heavy) After researching many blogs and Amazon reviews, I decided that this would be cheaper and more convenient. I was right!!
So I recommend buying a this small dual voltage curling iron and a travel adaptor.
Most of your electronics like ipods/cell phones/lap tops are probably already dual voltage and you will only need an adaptor (check first though - I burned out my camera battery charger in Greece!!- but luckily the greeks were very very happy to sell me a new one!) (FYI: used on Cruise ship, Greek and Italian Hotels)

February 2012: Still using this product. just returned from Germany and Africa and I still love it!! I just leave it right in my suitcase with my travel adaptors so its always ready to go!!
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on August 30, 2010
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
I wanted a small curling iron for travel, and this looked like just the thing. It works so well that I use it for my daily at-home hair styling. It heats up quickly and doesn't take up a lot of counter space. My hair looks good after I use it. Also, I have seen it in local stores since my Amazon purchase- and Amazon was cheaper!
I should point out that I only use the curling iron for getting my bangs to hang right. If my hairstyle involved using the curling iron all over, this might be too small and take too long.
on April 17, 2011
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
I wanted a small curling iron for my trip to Europe. I have shoulder length hair, but I really only needed something to curl my bangs a bit, so this works great. I would not recommend it for longer hair, unless you just want to curl the ends.

Since the barrel is so small, you have to divide your hair into 1 inch sections to curl, and the clamp does not open as far as a larger iron, so it is harder to slide your hair into it. With care, it can be done, and the tip on the end is adequate to hold and not burn your fingers as you curl.

The iron's built in stand will not keep it sitting in place on your counter, but it will roll to the side, so be carefull where you place it when curling, as the iron gets pretty hot.

The bag that it comes in is not the same zippered bag shown in the picture. It is not zippered, just a sleeve to slide the iron in, and you have to leave the cord on the outside.

The iron is as I expected, and I curled not only my bangs, but the rest of my hair, just to test it, and the curls were the same as if I used a bigger iron, only I had to divide it into smaller sections. It is important to take extra care when using because the size and small opening clamp can make it akward and therefore easier to burn yourself.
on October 30, 2011
Color Name: Red
Overall, I think this is a really nice product. It's dual-voltage and really compact, so it's great for travel or carrying in your purse for touch-ups. If your hair is shoulder-length or shorter, or if you want to use it to touch up your bangs, it's great - and might even be good enough for daily use.

If you have long hair (which I do), it's more difficult to use because the barrel is so small, and you can only curl a very small piece of hair at a time. It takes longer to wrap your hair because you have to be careful to keep it on the barrel, and then there's more danger of overheating the hair. It's also very easy to get hair caught in the base of the clamp when you have to wind a long length of hair. I wouldn't want to have to use it every day, but I can make do with it for travel.

There is no temperature setting, but I don't find that too much of a problem since I rarely change the setting on my other curling irons. The built-in temperature is a bit higher than I normally use (I have fine hair), but I just keep my hair in it for a shorter period of time than with my other irons.

The tip is small, so it's easy to miss it and burn your fingers when trying to grab the end of the iron, especially when you're curling hair on the back of your head. But I've done that on normal sized curling irons as well.

Mine came with the Zebra pouch, not the floral one shown. There is no zipper, but it has an elastic strap on the outside for holding the cord.
on November 20, 2010
Color Name: Red
Great for traveling. If you have thick hair, you will just be there longer styling your hair. Although itheats fast, you can't put it away hot on the pouch like it's sister the flat iron.
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
and Super bad for your hair. I love the small size but you cannot adjust the heat hence your hair can cook! this high heat is not good for normal hair. If I could I would give zero stars.
44 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 1, 2013
Color Name: RedVerified Purchase
This works great. Small but great for traveling. Gets hot quickly and easy to use on long hair. Nice size curls.
on November 2, 2012
Color Name: Red
Got this as a back-up to stash at the office. Didn't need anything expensive or fancy since it was just for emergencies. Can I just say: IT'S AWESOME.

It heats up in just a few seconds, and I swear it works better than my expensive irons at home. You'd think the tiny barrel would make it harder to curl big sections, but it's SO fast and makes my hair look amazing. I can go from a ponytail to a full head of perfect curls in less than 10 minutes, all while sitting in my cubicle. I'm not kidding. I can't even do it that quickly with my regular iron at home!

I've never written a review for anything in my life, but I just had to give this little iron props. A great purchase!

Your Recently Viewed Items and Featured Recommendations