Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Conair Double-Sided Lighted Makeup Mirror, Polished Chrome Finish
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on December 27, 2010
The product listed when I ordered it showed a gimbal mounted mirror. The lighting was powered by 3 batteries (not included) and the unit came with an external plug-in supply.

What I received was the item now pictured. The pivot is maybe 5 degrees either way, so it can't be used on a counter top if you are standing.

No battery power either as it is now permanently corded. To use the concave mirror requires turning the entire thing so that the cord now sticks out towards the user.

The product as now offered is not worth the money, although not due to quality of construction. The issue is one of fundamental design. The one originally pictured would have been great if built as well (and delivered).
on November 15, 2010
This mirror is bright and the magnification is great. It arrived quickly and well packaged, as advertised.
My only regret is that the mirror does not tilt. This mirror would work great for someone with a table height vanity that you sit in front of. I have a counter height sink in my bathroom so I have to bend down and contort myself to get the right angle to see the hairs to pluck.
All in all, a good product. I just wish I'd thought about the angle/tilting thing.
on August 2, 2011
I am angry about this mirror. I have to pick it up and hold it with one hand to use it because it does not tilt. Then the light is so dim as to be useless. I am plucking hairs out of the underside of my chin, not putting on eye makeup, and it would be very nice to be able to have both hands free. This is awful. I wish I had saved the packing so I could send it back. It would be overpriced at 50 cents.
on November 9, 2010
This is a great make-up mirror, especially for the price! It is perfect for applying make-up, plucking eyebrows and other beauty practices that need a well lit magnified mirror. The size is perfect; large enough to see what you are doing but small enough to make for easy storage. I would highly recommend buying this over the similar mirrors that go for $50-$60.
on July 7, 2015
I ordered this for my daughter for Christmas. She used it every am and liked it. The bulb ran out after three months and quite honestly it is something we never think about replacing. It has been in her room ever since then just for decoration because we forget to get a bulb when we go to the store. :) Looking back, I should've ordered several bulbs when placing the order so we wouldn't have to remember to buy them when it burned out. I just didn't plan on it burning out so soon.

Her room was hot pink and to me, it didn't put off enough light to change the lighting really. The close up side is good though for plucking stray hairs.
on October 21, 2013
This mirror was just what I was looking for. Regular mirror image on one side & turns to magnified image on the other. Lights up on both sides. Great for those who has a hard time seeing. Would recommend to others.
on March 10, 2014
I just received my lighted make-up mirror and i read the mixed reviews and it is small and doesn't adjust,that SUCKS! It also heats up super fast i used it for 5 minutes today and it can burn you,Buyer BEWARE!
But for the price you get what you pay for! I honestly think it's worth $10.99. I will keep it because i have no desire to return it or pay MORE$.I would NOT recommend it though. It works for tweezing brows and applying my make-up,i'll just see how long this bulb lasts!!
on March 11, 2013
I just hated to admit that I needed help to get my eyeliner on in the morning! This is a nice little sized mirror with a clear and crisp reflection. The light doesn't glare, and it looks attractive on the counter.

I do wish I had been more careful in my selection and found one that was battery operated instead of electric....because between blowdryers, curlers and an ever present fan, I really don't have room for more things to plug into the bathroom.

It wouldn't hurt if the base was weighted a bit, since the piece is a bit top heavy.
on February 22, 2012
The light gives off a glare and makes it hard to see into, and the reason I bought a magnifying mirror was to see better.
on July 13, 2012
"Nothing beats a professional lighted mirror to bring makeup application and other skin-care procedures to maximum polish. This double-sided pedestal mirror offers regular and 5x magnification. The halo lighting around the perimeter of the mirror provides soft, glare-free lighting for optimum clarity. Considered a midsize mirror, it stands 11 inches tall, while the mirror itself measures a little less than 4-1/2 inches in diameter. It operates with three AA batteries (not included) or with a plug-in adaptor whose cord measures 9 feet long. The brilliant chrome finish and handsome lines give this mirror a classic appeal that fits easily with any style ... "

I need someone to tell me where the batteries go or is the product information incorrect?

See 1 answered question