Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Conair Extreme Steam Fabric Steamer with Dual Heat
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 3, 2014
Pros: It's light, portable, and puts out a decent amount of steam.
Cons: It quit working after 4 months of occasional use.

UPDATE: The fix for my problem was found in the questions for this product.
The pump had gone dry and needed to be primed. To do this:
1. Pry off the top panel that says 'Conair.'
2. Unscrew the 4 visible screws on the next panel, and slide it off to the rear.
3. Pull off the tube that is connected to the middle of the heating plate.
4. With the reservoir attached, suck on the end until water comes out. Replace the tube.
5. Test and reassemble.
5151 comments|346 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 3, 2015
This steamer is highly regarded by my friends and I--stands a cut above the other steamers we have tried. It is more portable than a lot of other steamers as it is a bit smaller. But it does its job super well.

Super great to fix last-minute wrinkles in your clothing before formal events or going to work. I pretty much do not use my iron anymore...

____________________

Update: August 25, 2015. After less than a year of occasional use, my steamer stopped working just like everyone else is saying in their reviews.

I decided to try to fix it using the fix as detailed in Louis E’s super helpful Amazon review of the product. Thanks Louis E! I was able to get it back to working as if it were brand new in less than ten minutes.

I was a bit hesitant to take it apart and fix it as detailed in Louis E’s instructions. I know that if I had pics of the fix, I would have been a lot more confident and a lot less hesitant to fix it. Thus, I put some pics here and hope it helps others out there in a similar situation….but first a DISCLAIMER: I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DECIDE TO FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS. WHAT WORKS FOR ME MAY NOT WORK FOR YOU. YOU MAY BE ABLE TO FIX YOUR ISSUES WITHOUT TAKING IT APART AS I DID, BUT MY UNIT WAS ONLY FIXED AFTER I DID THIS. THIS WILL PROBABLY VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

1. Take off the top panel that has the word “CONAIR” on it. I was able to quickly get it off by using a flathead screwdriver to go around the edges of the panel and unclip any clips that are holding the panel to the main unit.
2. After taking the top panel off, you should see 4 visible screws. Unscrew them using a philips head screwdriver.
3. After the screws are off, you can unclip the white panel from the blue panel that says “CAUTION: HIGH HEAT STEAM” and then slide the white panel off the main unit.
4. Using pliers, slide off the clip that is holding the tube to the pipe that is feeding into the heating plate.
5. If the clip is slid off enough, you should easily be able to slide the tube off the pipe feeding into the heating plate.
6. With a syringe (I used one that is normally used to suck boogers out of babies), I pumped water through the tube to clear any obstructions. Then, I also pumped water through the hole that the reservoir at the bottom feeds into (arrow points to this hole in my pic). Water that is pumped through this hole should easily make it to the tube at the top (the tube that you freed in step 5).
7. Do steps 1-6 in reverse to put everything back together.

In less than ten minutes, I was able to get my steamer working just as it did when I bought it. Hopefully I will not have to do this too often!
review image review image review image review image review image review image
55 comments|116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 16, 2012
First I bought the more expensive Shark steamer; bad choice - it's way too heavy to hold for any length of time and it does take a long time to heat and really doesn't get wrinkles out. This Conair steamer is absolutely everything that Shark isn't. It's easy to handle, not heavy, gets hot right away - really hot. Has two settings - low and high heat; both work great for levis or silk blouses. I recommend this steamer very highly. One of the best purchases I have made in awhile.
1010 comments|344 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 3, 2012
Product works better than expected. Actually puts out more steam than my full size unit. U can steam 3 shirts to perfection on a single tank of water and is compact enough to easily pack in suitcase on trips Great buy!
11 comment|187 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 26, 2012
This really does the job.
Steam out most everything .
Easy to use.
Home or travel,this steamer
Is the best I have ever used,
And I have tried many others....
11 comment|127 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2012
I bought this steamer and used it once. I took out all the water and left it for a month or two. I then tried to use it again on a suit and it didn't work at all. Same issues as some other people have written-both lights are on and it makes a wurring sound. Too late to return.

I do not suggest buying this product.
1919 comments|117 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 31, 2015
EDIT: Worked for several months and then completely stopped working.

I believe that the Conair Extreme Fabric Steamer which I received is used or poorly refurbished by Conair. I did not realize that there were some white stains inside the sprayer (you can see it clearly in the picture) until I've used on my button down shirt. My button down shirt was stained with wet sport and some white spots (You can also see it clearly on the picture) after I apply the steam on my shirt on contrast what the lady in the video clip promotes. It was foolish of me. I should've checked it before using it on my clothing. A brand new Fabric Steamer shouldn't have this kind of white stains inside the sprayer.
review image review image
on August 1, 2012
Product stopped working after first usage. Both red and green lights are on, and the steamer sounds like it's working, but no steam comes out. The head of the steamer still gets really hot as if it's working. Given I had only used it once before, it seems unlikely that it's a clogging issue.
22 comments|40 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 28, 2013
I bought this steamer with some reservations after reading the negative reviews,and the reviews were right: the steamer worked okay the first time out, and then a week later it was dreadful--it leaked and spit water all over the place no matter what I did. (I used distilled water at all times, so I fail to see how it got clogged from hard water, which is what the manufacturer seems to be telling people.) Thanks to Amazon's fantastic return policy, I won't be out of pocket any money for this piece of junk; just a minor inconvenience of packing it up and sending it back. Thanks Amazon! Conair, you stink.
on November 25, 2012
I bought this product on August, used once, and now - it does not work at all. Stay away from this!!