5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't spit, heats quickly
Much better than my old hand steamer, which was the opposite--slow heating, inconvenient water tank, spat a lot of water, making spots. This one is much better, and it was cheaper.
Published on February 24, 2003

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Remove Wrinkles
Published on July 6, 2003 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't Remove Wrinkles, July 6, 2003
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
I am VERY disappointed with this product. It is not powerful enought to remove the wrinkles from clothing. The only way I found to get it to do a fairly decent job is to stretch the piece of clothing downward as it hangs, and rub the fabric with the brush on the steamer while steaming, going over and over the same spot. It's like trying to iron vertically, only with no support behind the article of clothing. It doesn't remove wrinkles nearly as well as an iron, especially if there are any unwanted creases, and it takes considerably longer than ironing, since you have to steam the same spot over and over again. I bought the steamer because it uses tap water, and distilled water is a hastle to find when travelling, but tap water eventually causes irons to leave mineral deposits on clothing. Instead of this product, I recommend a standard iron or travel iron. It's easier to travel with a travel iron and just use a spray bottle filled with tap water to mist the clothes if you don't have distilled water to fill the iron with. The Conair GS15 Hand Held Fabric Steamer is a waste of money that doesn't do its job.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not enough steam power, November 13, 2004
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
Quick to heat up, but takes a long time to steam a garment, and still does NOT get most of the wrinkles out. Don't waste your money.

1.0 out of 5 stars doesn't work, May 10, 2005
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
This steamer just doesn't work. I got it today and tested it out on three different garments and it didn't remove any of the wrinkles. I am very disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars POOR DESIGN, January 16, 2006
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
I bought this item to use in lieu of my steam iron when my carpal tunnel flares up. I haven't tried using it on a wrinkled garment--only to touch up after ironing. My complaint is that the water reservoir cannot be fully emptied after use so water stays in it. Two small screws inside the reservoir are rusting after one use. I used it about 2 weeks ago and it still has water in it. I called Conair customer service and they told me you have to use all the water by steaming it out. There is a small plastic cap device and that's the only means of putting water in or taking it out. It's the same type of cap used on pool flotation devices. I'm returning this because of the water reservoir problem. It needs to be redesigned. If it were actually good for removing wrinkles, I would be afraid the rust from the screws would ruin my clothes.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor product, April 12, 2006
L. Collins "Nogo" (Northern California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
This steamer performs very poorly. The wrinkles in my shirts just laughed when they saw it coming. Now it sits in my closet collecting wasting space.

1.0 out of 5 stars no horse power, February 21, 2004
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
i got this because of it's size. so i could take it on trips being a guy i never pack things right so when i get to where ever. i needed to iron most of my stuff.
i hate to iron. so anyway. right out of the box i balled up four of my best shirts as a test.it fixed 2-1/2 of the four before i needed to refill it.it gets hot in about three min not bad but it only has two holes for the steam to come out.by the way this is the frist thing i ever got without reading any reviews bet that won't happen again. i give this thing a three out of five but because of it i have not trashed anymore of my shirts thanks to conair

5.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't spit, heats quickly, February 24, 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars So-so steamer, July 16, 2006
I'd be happier with this item if it hadn't died at a critical time. I owned this item for maybe 5 years, but probably used it less than 20 times in total. It just completely stopped working on me. If you want something light duty to do the job, you won't be disappointed, but don't expect it to have a long lifespan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, Owned 3, January 31, 2009
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
This is a great steamer. I travel a lot and have used various steamers over the years and this one is the best for the price. Similar pricier models have more bells and whistles. Most steamers like this only last a couple of years with fairly regular use. Also heavy cotton materials are difficult along with a couple of synthetics. If your trying to do heavy cotton it will take you a long time. Then you need a professional 1400 watt steamer and its a breeze. But for dress shirts, dress pants and wool suits it's great and fast. By the way I own a big professional floor steamer that we use at home and even with that you have to pull down and stretch the wrinkles out so when you steam the fabric stays smooth. That is normal with all steamers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Clothes Addict, June 11, 2003
This review is from: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer (Kitchen)
I really like this steamer and would recommend it to anyone who hates ironing as much as I do! This is perfect for travel and at home because of the size. The price is also really good - I found others that I didn't like as much and were much more expensive. The only minor downfall is that I wish it had just a tad bit more steam power - but that's just me being picky, it really does work well.

Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer
$27.53
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.