Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Conair Hand-Held Fabric Steamer
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors STEM

on July 6, 2003
I am VERY disappointed with this product. It is not powerful enought to remove the wrinkles from clothing. The only way I found to get it to do a fairly decent job is to stretch the piece of clothing downward as it hangs, and rub the fabric with the brush on the steamer while steaming, going over and over the same spot. It's like trying to iron vertically, only with no support behind the article of clothing. It doesn't remove wrinkles nearly as well as an iron, especially if there are any unwanted creases, and it takes considerably longer than ironing, since you have to steam the same spot over and over again. I bought the steamer because it uses tap water, and distilled water is a hastle to find when travelling, but tap water eventually causes irons to leave mineral deposits on clothing. Instead of this product, I recommend a standard iron or travel iron. It's easier to travel with a travel iron and just use a spray bottle filled with tap water to mist the clothes if you don't have distilled water to fill the iron with. The Conair GS15 Hand Held Fabric Steamer is a waste of money that doesn't do its job.
11 comment|79 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2004
Quick to heat up, but takes a long time to steam a garment, and still does NOT get most of the wrinkles out. Don't waste your money.
on May 10, 2005
This steamer just doesn't work. I got it today and tested it out on three different garments and it didn't remove any of the wrinkles. I am very disappointed.
on April 19, 2015
I brought this item on the recommendation of a video I saw about DIY Hair Steaming. There was a video https://youtu.be/aOSyfKwJ5BU by Ari T
which convince me to give this product a try. I am so happy that I did. I now have a two in item. It is excellent on clothes and does wonders for my hair. If you want a very good streamer then this is the one. A great way to add moisture to your hair as a steamer..
on April 12, 2006
This steamer performs very poorly. The wrinkles in my shirts just laughed when they saw it coming. Now it sits in my closet collecting wasting space.
on January 16, 2006
I bought this item to use in lieu of my steam iron when my carpal tunnel flares up. I haven't tried using it on a wrinkled garment--only to touch up after ironing. My complaint is that the water reservoir cannot be fully emptied after use so water stays in it. Two small screws inside the reservoir are rusting after one use. I used it about 2 weeks ago and it still has water in it. I called Conair customer service and they told me you have to use all the water by steaming it out. There is a small plastic cap device and that's the only means of putting water in or taking it out. It's the same type of cap used on pool flotation devices. I'm returning this because of the water reservoir problem. It needs to be redesigned. If it were actually good for removing wrinkles, I would be afraid the rust from the screws would ruin my clothes.
on April 12, 2016
Bought this to steam my hair it's perfect for steaming hair. Last summer I paid $70 plus tax , shipping etc for a hand held hair steamer that died in less than 6 months, sent it back for repair died again after 8 total months. Saw this Conair steamer on a YouTube video for hair steaming and for this price took a chance. Am I glad I did! It gives off 2x as much steam as the expensive hair steamer. Holds more water, so I can do my whole head with one fill up. Thinking about ordering another as a backup. Haven't tried it on clothes but honestly only bought it for my hair. Steam adds nice moisture to hair and bounces up curls in the morning so curly/wavy girls can avoid having to constantly add product, keeping those curls or waves soft and bouncy instead of stiff from product buildup. Best way to create true looking beach waves.
on February 21, 2004
i got this because of it's size. so i could take it on trips being a guy i never pack things right so when i get to where ever. i needed to iron most of my stuff.
i hate to iron. so anyway. right out of the box i balled up four of my best shirts as a test.it fixed 2-1/2 of the four before i needed to refill it.it gets hot in about three min not bad but it only has two holes for the steam to come out.by the way this is the frist thing i ever got without reading any reviews bet that won't happen again. i give this thing a three out of five but because of it i have not trashed anymore of my shirts thanks to conair
on February 24, 2003
Much better than my old hand steamer, which was the opposite--slow heating, inconvenient water tank, spat a lot of water, making spots. This one is much better, and it was cheaper.
on July 16, 2006
I'd be happier with this item if it hadn't died at a critical time. I owned this item for maybe 5 years, but probably used it less than 20 times in total. It just completely stopped working on me. If you want something light duty to do the job, you won't be disappointed, but don't expect it to have a long lifespan.