4.0 out of 5 stars Great when used daily
I have shaved my head (with a razor) for the last 10+ years. In the last couple of years I've become lazy about it -- letting what hair I have grow out and get sloppy between shaves.

I bought the Conair CleanHead just over a month ago.

Published on October 20, 2011 by Todd Smith

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me.
I am of African decent. It did not work well for me when i used it to bald my head. After a few days i got bumps in my head due to ingrown hair.
Published on March 29, 2011 by Sam

4.0 out of 5 stars Great when used daily, October 20, 2011
This review is from: Conair HG300 CleanHead Rechargeable Head Groomer (Health and Beauty)

I bought the Conair CleanHead just over a month ago.

The day I got it I put it on to charge and shaved my head with a razor. Starting the next day and every day (but one) thereafter, I've shaved my head with the Conair using no attachments. Each morning I spend a few minutes shaving off the prior day's stubble and I have a nice, smooth head for the rest of the day. BUT if I skip a day (only did it once) the shaving time triples or quadruples.

I have to clean the razor after each use (taking it apart is easy and there's a brush included). I sometimes have to touch up tight spots around my ears but not often. It's great for stubble but sometimes misses longer hairs.

My scalp is smooth and feels good -- I don't have the nicks, scrapes or sensitivity of a razor shave.

I'm (always) on the lookout for something better but, for now, I'm quite happy with this device for a daily, full-head shave.

2.0 out of 5 stars Did not work for me., March 29, 2011

2.0 out of 5 stars A little too much burn, May 29, 2011
This item is supposed to be a bald head shaver. It does not really not do the job, without too much work. Another shaver I bought does a much better job. The main problem for me is that by the time I get my head clean, I have too much burn.
Don

1.0 out of 5 stars Really Really Bad., April 3, 2011
I've used alot of shavers/hair clippers and this was the worst. It's unique design was interesting, but execution was aweful. It did not trim well at all. It did not shave my head smooth at all. It was very very hard to change the head attachments. Really, this is a bad product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Reliable, November 5, 2011
The CleanHead is what it is,an electric shaver for the head,therefore,it won't give you a smooth as glass dome,but you can pass for being bald all day,though by the end of the day you will have a 5 o'clock shadow. You must use this every day to look bald,if you go for more than two days without using it,you will have to trim your hair again. I recommend this product to anyone who does not want to use a razor on their head,it will do as it promises,no more or and no less,and it is durable too.

5.0 out of 5 stars cleanhead works well., October 12, 2010
Marc Gray (Willingboro, NJ United States) - See all my reviews
I've used this product for about 6-8 months and it has worked very well for me. I use the clipper style attachment to cut my hair on my head down to stubble, and then use the foil attachment to get a close shave. Some people may want their shave to be just as close as with a razor, but the cleanhead will cut it pretty close as long as you keep it cleaned and it has a strong charge. And you can't cut yourself (as in draw blood) with this as you can with a razor which is a major plus. The way it is shaped, it glides over your head very easy. It does take a while initially to get the hang of it, but once you do, it gives pretty good results. I use electric shaver pre-shave on my head to make the hairs stand up for easy cutting. I tend to use it for just a few minutes every morning to maintain my bald style.

At some point i'm hoping Conair will sell replacement foils and blades for it to keep it working at 100%.

2.0 out of 5 stars not worth the time and money, June 7, 2012
The item is not worth getting. The first 2-3 shaves were okay but after that, it takes foreverrrrrr to trim your head. The angled foils seem like a perk, but it really does not make everything easier or faster because in essence, the unit is really just separating the foils from each other, resulting in a slower shave. My traditional foil shaver (the ones with two sets of parallel foils) actually trimmed my head faster. But even then, that took a long time. I really only got this device because I wanted to avoid the bloody mess of shaving with a razor.

Here's the truth... there is really no device that can provide short-cuts or easier methods when it comes shaving your head bald. Nothing will ever beat the results of a traditional straight edge, or double edge razor. I would suggest investing some time to practice the art of shaving with a straight edge, single edge, or double edge razor. Over time, you will actually learn techniques to shave your head faster.

Or..... you can buy this unit, and spend more than an hour shaving your head. lol

4.0 out of 5 stars conair hg300 cleanhead, March 5, 2012
my hubsand loves this to shave his headConair HG300 CleanHead? Rechargeable Head Groomer this is the second one i bought him. the only bad thing is that there is no replacement blades made for shaver so i had to buy him another. he really loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love It But..., April 6, 2012
Nice head buzzer/shaver. I have been cutting my own hair for many years now. This has been the most comfortable to use. It fits nicely in your hand, easy to use in any angle, and lightweight. It has a wide blade so you can finish sooner. The 3 blade settings plus the 3 guides are perfect for doing a buzz fade. The battery charge lasts for a while, usually 3 to 4 buzzing sessions for me. The entire set is also small enough to pack in my suitcase when I travel. BUT...less than a month after I purchased, one of the guides broke. The little tabs that hold it in place while mounted on the unit are gone. They must have broken when I packed them all in a little bag in my suitcase. The manufacturer could improve this by using higher quality, more pliable plastic. Another thing I don't like is that the unit will not operate while it is plugged in, so if you lose charge in the middle of a buzzing session you will have to wait. And the batteries completely recharges in several hours. Since the batteries are nickel cadmium it's a good idea to discharge it completey, and recharge it completely every time or else the battery life will be shortened. Therefore 4 stars instead of 5.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does a couple things OK..., August 7, 2011
...but nothing particularly well. Works ok if you use it, at the most, every other day. If you wait longer than that, it takes FOREVER to shave your head. And the thing is, it doesn't really shave. If you look after you finish, there are random hairs that it simply doesn't cut and then I have to use a razor to finish the job which defeats the purpose of this item. But the one good thing I found, I was late for work and used it in the car for my face. Actually did an ok job w/o any real burning or anything. Overall, not that good of a product but I guess okfor the price.