Conair Hc900 Even Cut Hair Clipper
- Designed so you can cut your own hair
- 6 cutting lengths
- Use cordless or with power cord
- Comes with 2 adjustable comb guides
- Kit includes: 1 cord/cordless clipper, 1 styling comb, oil, scissors, cleaning brush and storage pouch
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Conair HC900 Even Cut Hair Clipper
Cut your own hair with the HC900 Even Cut Hair Clipper
The Even Cut Hair Clipper is designed to cut hair a 1/2-inch or less in any direction making it the perfect do-it-yourself hair clipper for short even cut styles. Just gently drive the clipper across your head and it does the rest. The locking comb guides(1/2 inch or less lengths: 6 total lengths) make cutting a foolproof operation and turn out an even cut every time. This item is also cord/cordless rechargeable making it versatile and powerful for long lasting cutting!
Versatility and convenience all-in-one!
In combination with the two adjustable comb guides, the Even Cut has 6 total cutting lengths for styling versatility. Create styles of all types with the Even Cut.
Create a variety of styles
The Even Cut kit comes with carious other tools to style your hair just the way you like it. It comes with a styling comb and scissors so you can detail your hair just the way you want it.
Top Customer Reviews
1. The design of the HC900 cuts/chops/clips your hair, but does not "eject" the hair, so it can build up in the cavity above the cutting blades. In turn the clippings continually get cut shorter and shorter, as it is recycled back into the cutting area. What happens is that a lot of the tiny clippings get embedded into your hair, or ejected all over the place. When using a traditional clipper, the first pass usually yields the longest clippings, and you can direct where those clippings are dropped. There is also minimal multi-chopped clippings that get stuck on the scalp.
2. This does not clip evenly. Even after 20 passes over the same area, I could hear the clippers cutting a little bit more hair. The result is that there are a lot of high spots and a lot of low spots. A friend and my wife, both commented on how "off" the haircut was.
3, You definitely need another set of traditional clippers to clean up the edges and also around the ears. Why bother with using more than one tool, when you can use just the traditional clippers.
4. Cleanup is a real chore. Not only do the clippings get all over the place, cleaning the HC900 is a royal pain. When traditional clippers, all it takes is about 6 passes with the cleaning brush, and it looks brand new.
If you want to cut your own hair, or have a friend/family member do it for you, save yourself the aggravation of buying one of these, and stick to the traditional clippers.
I was hoping that by design it would lift hair, cut, and repeat as I moved it around my head. That's not the case - the combguards don't stand your hair up at all and the clipper doesn't generate any vacuum effect to pull your hair up. And as other reviews have noted, it takes forever. I expected that having read those reviews - I didn't expect it to take THAT long. Nearly as long as it takes when I have my haircut professionally.
The combguards need to be redesigned and the clipper itself needs more power. It's too flawed to work on at least some hair types.
The first go around on my son's hair didn't fare well. It seemed like it took forever to get anything resembling an even cut, and that was only on a small part of his head! We followed the directions and went from back to front and in a circular motion, but it just wasn't working well. So we switched back to the clippers and finished up the job, only to find out that there were sections cut by the Even Cut that were shorter than the guide we used. Yuck! My husband commented that our son looks like he's going through chemo! (He knows from experience, as he finished chemo nine months ago.)
But I wanted to give the benefit of the doubt, as my son's hair is fine. My husband has thick, coarse hair so we decided to give the Even Cut a try on him. Maybe the problem was that my son's hair never really got to the clippers evenly. Equally as terrible results! We are back to using the tried and true clippers!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It works as expected. Beats going to the barber. It's cheaper, handier, and keeps what hair I have left nicely trimmed.Published 2 days ago by Bob and Jean
This product will not do the sides well. There is no way to lift the hair to work with it. It works as advertised every where else. You will need something else to do the sides.Published 21 days ago by Amazon Customer
Really nice. Purchased this for my nephew. He loves it...the only problem is getting the neckline.Published 28 days ago by Carol Gideon
it does not cut hair evenly. I end up using the conair beard trimmer either way to even it out.
it's a great idea for a product, but it doesnt work correctly. Read more
Haven't actually used it yet, but it seems simple to operate.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I received this device for Christmas, and I read the instructions several times. Unfortunately when I actually tried to cut my hair, it did not cut my hair even. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Craig mcgowan
I find it works as advertised. For those thinking there getting more, go to a stylist. I do wish it had a #6 comb guide however.Published 1 month ago by Bill G
I got Conair Hc900 Even Cut Hair Clipper on time and it works perfectly.Published 2 months ago by Theresa Diaz
Thought it would work better. Didn't do a good job at cutting all the hair evenly.Published 2 months ago by Amazon Customer