4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me
Published on January 10, 2007 by C. Swann

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a pretty good mirror
This mirror has 4 light settings, and I found that 'home' and 'day' were the brightest. You can see yourself pretty well. The 2 other light settings were too dim to really use. The lighting is a bit more yellow than I would like but it's okay. Still, this mirror is better and brighter than some that I have seen in stores recently.
Published on January 25, 2006 by J. Patrucco

3.0 out of 5 stars Overall a pretty good mirror, January 25, 2006
J. Patrucco (Redwood City, CA United States) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor Lighting, September 13, 2006
After my much beloved Clairol True-to-Light makeup mirror died, I hunted around for a similiar product. I found the Conair version and thought it would be similar, but instead of long, bright fluorescent lights, this mirror has 4 tiny bulbs: two yellow and two fluorescent. When you select either home or office light, it only uses two of the bulbs. When it is switched to daylight it uses all 4, but the result is an uneven top white/bottom yellow-blare lighting. I am returning mine and going to try the Jerson Tri-Fold on the recommendation of other users.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works for me, January 10, 2007
I don't find this lighted mirror to be awesome, but I didn't expect it to be. For me, it serves it's purpose well. This mirror provides even lighting, in four different degrees of brightness, for makeup application. And you can use either the magnified side or the other. If you need to replace any bulbs, they are not expensive, and the folks at Conair seem to be very helpful.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy, September 8, 2010
This review is from: Conair Illumina Collection Two-Sided Makeup Mirror with 4 Light Settings (Misc.)
When my old Clairol lighted make-up mirror on/off switch blew, it would cost as much to replace as a new mirror, so I bought this Conair one, it looked similar, but I would say don't buy. I returned it and bought the Jerdon one from Amazon and LOVE IT! The Conair, even on the brightest setting is not even what the evening one is for the Jerdon. Trust me, I have had a make-up mirror for over 40 years, and this one is not a good buy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expected, December 18, 2007
Amazon Customer (Maitland, FL United States) - See all my reviews
I've had the same makeup mirror for more years than I can remember and it is beginning to have its "moments". This one looked similar so I thought it would work fine. Unfortumately, the lighting in this mirror isn't like any other I've ever used. More light comes from the bulbs at the bottom than at the top, giving a very distorted view of putting on eye makeup. I returned this item and am looking for something else to purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars False advertising, March 18, 2010
This mirror was advertised as "5x" magnified, it is NOT a 5x- it is more like a "3x" magnified mirror; I know this to be true because I own a "5x" for home use and it's great- I can see perfectly. I needed a 5x, light weight, easy to pack make-up mirror that would fit in a suitcase so I bought this one. It IS easy to pack, but it is NOT a 5x- it was blurry and rather distorted on the magnified side. Also, the light bulbs are so dim that I had to use a lamp on a near-by desk to use in putting on makeup. I was very disappointed in this product. I have a daughter that will be able to use it because the price of packing & sending this one back, wouldn't be worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice, Convenient, Portable - Great Makeup Mirror!, March 11, 2012
This is a replacement makeup mirror for one I was given as a birthday gift in 1964! The old one was another brand, and was only taken out of the picture, due to not being able to find replacement lightbulbs for it. When it "died" a couple of months ago, the bulbs that finally burned out were the originals! This one has similar features and Conair is a respected name in beauty products, so I thought I'd give it a try. So, far, it's working fine and exactly what I need on my dresser. I have every confidence that this Conair product will last a long time, but it's doubtful that I'll be around to see it, if it lasts as long as my old one did!

2.0 out of 5 stars OK, but obtaining & replacing bulbs is a real hassle, September 6, 2010
I have had this mirror for about 18 months. It provides enough light for my needs, because I have very good wired-in vanity lighting. That being said, I cannot recommend it because of the bulb issue. It uses bulbs that cannot be ordered online from Conair, or any other online or local specialty lighting/bulb store. The only way to get bulbs is to call Conair. I learned the bulbs are custom made for Conair in China. And they are expensive. In addition, they are difficult to remove and replace, due to the small bulb housing - and I am a small person, with small hands and fingers!

When I first bought the mirror, two bulbs burned out at the same time, within a few weeks. Based on the fact that I only use the lights about 15 min. a day, I found this outrageous. Fortunately, when I called Conair, the customer service rep I spoke with agreed with me and offered to replace the 2 bulbs at N/C. I told her to send them out and asked her to send along 4 more bulbs, which I paid for. Yesterday I replaced the last of the bulbs I had on hand, so I am back to the hassle and expense of ordering more bulbs. After selling this mirror for at least 18 months, Conair still doesn't make them available for ordering on their website?

Again, I cannot recommend this mirror.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lighted Mirror- blah!, April 11, 2007
I found this mirror to be extremely disappointing. The light is very dim- even at its brightest. Shop for another if you can!

1.0 out of 5 stars Bummer, December 22, 2012
I am so disappointed in this makeup mirror. I thought the light settings would provide adequate light. Even the brightest light is dim. I gave it to GoodWill